The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The Mon-El character is wack they even water down his powers because for some reason having a character stronger than her would outshine her. I don't get why she has to have a man anyway. Some of the best parts of Arrow and The Flash was when they were totally single.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Oh shit.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I don't get why they are rushing her into relationships so early in the series anyway. That was one of the problems with the James Olsen hook-up. She's a geek, an
    adorable geek at that. Best part about geeks like her are that they are hopeless romantics, but they don't rush. The adorable little flirting with James Olsen were working here and there, but a miss in other areas. They are writing other parts of the show way better than
    her love life. Maybe separate writers should write about her relationships.

6. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Holy shit, man. This is so true!

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The ultimate prequel for Alien Covenant.lol

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yep

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I would like to see a black widow movie. She is just extraordinary all the way around. She has a cold and almost sociopathic like nature, yet somehow balanced. Has an interesting spy background, very manipulative and stealthy, highly intelligent, has incredible skills in martial arts and her technical knowledge and skill set is second only to iron man.

10. darkcurry

NBC has decided to not renew popular sci-fi show TIMELESS and the fanbase is letting them know about it.

It is currently trending #2 on twitter

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Timeless?src=tren&data_id=tweet:862431682464542721

Some are pointing out the shows diversity especially their accuracy in POC role in history. Remember this was the first show to ever point out that The Lone Ranger was black.

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Of course it got cancelled. A good sci-fi show that depicted POC throught history as heroes they were and had an IR relationship in the mix, you knew no one was going to watch it.

The Lone Ranger inspired by a black man? Josephene Baker spying for the Allied forces in WW2? A billionaire black man co-invents a time machine? The pilot of said time machine is a brilliant resourcful nerdish black guy? Why would anyone, especially black people, watch that?

They should've thrown in some hood niggas or a side plot about drugs in the projects and at least black people would've tuned in weekly. That's all we want to see about ourselves.

R.I.P Timeless and Rosewood.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. The Dark King

It's black people's fault?

13. darkcurry

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Black people watch a lot of traditional TV. I've there was a study that said we watch more than any other ethnic group. However, I can't swear to that because I haven't read the actual study.

With that said, yeah, it's out fault. We don't turn out for anything that isn't hood or race related. In that way we are like working class Trump voters; we are out own worst enemies.

15. The Dark King

I don't know if I agree with that. I think the network matters too. Do a lot of us watch the main channels? I also don't think the show was advertised enough to our demographic

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

That's what I thought about John Boyega, galactic Force-adept rebel space hero, and his next movie was some bullshit South Central hood flick straight-to-Netflix

17. ColiBreh1

I forgot all about that. That didn't get enough attention from Black Twitter & Black media.

18. ColiBreh1

I always thought this scene (1:35 mark) in the original trailer that came out a year ago was cringe-worthy:

I wouldn't be surprised if that turned off some folks because they wrote it off as corny.

And @samson1701 is definitely right about the fact that blacks folks consume more media than anybody else.

19. The Dark King

I guess you practice a lot of escapism when you feel little hope

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

NEW MUTANTS Casting Begins

[​IMG]

The first two members of the big screen New Mutants have been cast, with Game of Thrones actress Maisie Williams set to play Wolfsbane and The Witch/Split actress Anya Taylor Joy cast as Magick, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Williams later acknowledged the casting via Twitter.

Writer/director Josh Boone reportedly began talks with the two actresses last year, but couldn't confirm the casting until the film was fully greenlit. When rumors of the pair being cast quickly spread at the time, 20th Century Fox seemingly shot down the idea, but the studio - and Williams - left the door open for a later confirmation.

The report also states that the studio is conducting a wide search for "ethnically appropriate actors" to play characters such as Sunspot and Dani Moonstar, to most accurately reflect the characters from the page on the screen.

Although this fulfills previous rumors of the two being cast for New Mutants, THR's Borys Kit tweeted separately that a third rumored casting - Nat Wolff as Cannonball - is "not happening."

New Mutants is scheduled for an April 13, 2018 release.