The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Anyone else prefer DC to Marvel other than Samson? I always thought marvel was waay better, just curious.

4. samson1701

In all fairness, I have to admit that Marvel's Movies and TV shows are better than DC's. Except Iron Fist. This season and the first two season's of Arrow and the Flash were better than Iron Fist. Easily.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Their tv shows which ones unless you're counting the Netflix ones. Network tv wise not even close

6. samson1701

The only network show Marvel has is Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. And it's been consistently good since the second half of season 1. Even Sharon Carter was well done. Just not my kind of show.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Who are the folks saying that? The fragile white fanboys who want everything to go back to being primarily white male centric or the faux black comic fans that don't even read or support any comics that feature black characters because they want everything to be primarily black male centric?

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

An unused comic accurate design for Doomsday from Batman v Superman. I don't think it would have helped the movie much, but still an example of a missed opportunity by Warner/DC with their live action films.

[​IMG]

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

10. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Uh oh more "Black" Norse gods :eek:

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Thor solo films>>>> Iron man solo films

Captain America tops them all in the solo film department

12. samson1701

I think that's Idris.

13. samson1701

[​IMG]

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Thanos Is Now Also Cable.

[​IMG]

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Josh Brolin has signed a 4-picture deal to play Cable in Deadpool 2. The well documented search included the likes of Michael Shannon, Brad Pitt, David Harbour and even Russell Crowe as Fox looked high and low for the right actor to star alongside Ryan Reynolds' Wade Wilson. What this development means for Brolin's role as Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe moving forward post Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 is anyone's guess.

Previously, Zazie Beetz, from FX's Atlanta, was cast as Domino. John Wick director David Leitch assumes the reins from Tim Miller after he and the studio couldn't agree on where to take the franchise (it's rumored that the casting for Cable was one of the points of contention). THR's report adds that filming is expected to start this June in Vancouver.

Presumably, Brolin's 4-picture deal will include a leading role in the rumored X-Force spinoff.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

New Justice League poster.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  19. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

The prequel to the forthcoming video game is now available in the digital-first INJUSTICE 2 comic via Comixology. Downloading now...

20. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

New Animated Ghost in the Shell in Production
    April 2017

Following the lackluster success of Paramount’s live-action Ghost in the Shell movie, studio Production I.G is taking on the franchise again with a new, animated Ghost in the Shell project.

Production I.G worked on the original 1995 Japanese film and is teaming up with directors Kenji Kamiyama and Shinji Aramaki for the new project.

Kamiyama is best known for his work on Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, the anime series Production I.G released between 2004 and 2005. Stand Alone Complex is based on the original Ghost in the Shell, created by Masamune Shirow. Aramaki is new to the Ghost in the Shell franchise, but is best known for his directorial work on Appleseed and Appleseed Ex Machina.

Kamiyama has previously hinted that he wanted to return to the Ghost in the Shell universe. When a fan asked about a potential third season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Kamiyama said he came across new information about the Ghost in the Shell world that he wanted to work on in the “near future.”

There is no estimated release date for the project just yet, and it’s unclear if it will be released in theaters stateside. It is currently in production, however, with more information expected to be released soon.

Link