The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It's okay. The biggest draw for me, knowing the character's background, is figuring out whether or not certain people are actually real or the "persona" of one of his mutant abilities.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the character except that in the comics he's Professor X's son. But, that's about it. And, it's been at least 15 years since I collected X-Men comics so what I remember may not even be relevant anymore. Not sure they'd go that route on the show, anyway.

I thought I read somewhere, when they were first putting the show together, that the show is in the same universe as the movies. Don't know if that's the case or not.

Haven't watched the second episode, yet. Hope I can get to it on Sunday.

4. samson1701

Iron Fist doesn't need to be socially relevant. It just needs to be well written. But, throwing in class warfare issues and greed into the mix, and doing so heavily, would go a long way in distinguishing the character from other long, lost rich white guys who come back and put on a mask to fight crime.

But, the only way any of it works is if it's well written. But, I really don't think it needs to have social component to be successful. However, it could be really sweet if it did.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well one thing I totally agree with is the rich white guy going to foreign areas and taking what they learn to beat the shit out of poor people ie Green Arrow, Batman, Iron Fist. It would be interesting to see a guy from that background go there no by accident or because of tragedy. I guess we might have to write it ourselves

6. samson1701

[​IMG]

7. samson1701

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

From GoTs Ramsay Bolton to Marvel's Maximus the Mad

[​IMG]

The Hollywood Reporter reports that former Game of Thrones actor Iwan Rheon will play the lead role of Maximus in Marvel and ABC's The Inhumans. It was generally assumed that Black Bolt would be the main character of the show, but if this report is accurate, it's actually going to be his unhinged brother, the aptly named Maximus The Mad.

Showrunner Scott Buck suggests that the typically antagonistic Inhuman won't be portrayed as an outright villain, however. "Maximus is a complex character. Likeable, charming, tragic and villainous all in the same moment, and I’m very excited to have someone of Iwan’s considerable talent." Marvel's Jeph Loeb adds: "Iwan's ability to be charming, roguish and still completely unexpectedly dangerous were all the different sides we needed to bring the character to life. We’re thrilled to have him on board."

The announcement was also accompanied by the first official logline for the show:

Inhumans will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family. In the eight-episode straight-to-series drama, Maximus is a clever and charming Inhuman that is fiercely devoted to the people of Attilan, especially his brother, the King — though he harbors an intense desire to wear the crown himself.

The first 2 episodes of The Inhumans will screen in IMAX theaters on September 1, with the show set to continue on ABC on September 26.

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

This is the one movie I really want to see next month....Kong: Skull Island.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Marvel/ABC's Black Bolt for Inhumans mini-series.

[​IMG]

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels, Dollhouse, Straw Dogs) has joined the cast of Marvel and ABC's The Inhumans as the silent leader of the team. This small screen take on the mega-popular character is described as "the commanding King of the Inhumans, with a voice so powerful that the slightest whisper can destroy a city." Sounds about right!

"Anson loves the challenge of playing a character who will only communicate silently,” said Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television. “His enthusiasm mixed with his imposing almost regal persona made it easy to see why he is our Black Bolt.” Added showrunner Scott Buck: “Black Bolt is a character whose deep complexity must be conveyed without uttering a single word, and I’m very excited to have Anson on board to bring him to life.”

Mount joins former Game of Thrones actor Iwan Rheon as Maximus.The first 2 episodes of The Inhumans will screen in IMAX theaters on September 1, with the show set to continue on ABC on September 26.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Marvel's Inhumans Casting # 3.

[​IMG]

Entertainment Weekly has revealed today that Serinda Swan will play Medusa in Marvel and IMAX's The Inhumans. Chances are you'll recognise the actress from her role as Zatanna in Smallville, not to mention TRON: Legacy. However, she recently had a stint in Graceland and Chicago Fire which most TV viewers will probably recognise her from these days.

In the show, "Medusa is Black Bolt's most trusted advisor, a fiercely resilient warrior who has the ability to move and control her hair the way most people use their hands and fingers."

They're sticking closely to the comic books then, and Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb had this to say about the casting. "Serinda empowers Medusa’s regal glory and still maintains a relatability that synced perfectly with the character. She is nothing short of wonderful." Showrunner Scott Buck adds: "Serinda Swan brings a regal elegance, as well as a sense of great inner strength and fierce determination, to the role of Medusa. I couldn’t be happier to have her as our Queen of Attilan."

12. samson1701

New Aquaman footage.

[​IMG]

13. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Ducktales 1st look. Loved this show as a kid so looking forward to it.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Marvel's Inhumans Casting #4.

ken Leung3.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter has revealed today that actor Ken Leung has joined the Marvel/ABC series as Karnak. A relatively obscure character for a number of years, he's taken on a much higher profile in recent years thanks to his own series and the push Marvel has given the comic book adventures of the Inhumans royal family.

In the show, he will be Black Bolt's cousin and closest adviser. His gift is an ability to see the fault in all things – people, plans, structures, everything. He’s Black Bolt’s most ardent supporter and strategist and is often seen as the royal family’s planner and philosopher.

You'll recognise Leung for his role as Admiral Atatura in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, not to mention appearances in X-Men: The Last Stand, and Lost. He also starred in The Night Shift on NBC for three years.

He joins a cast that also includes Anson Mount as Black Bolt, Serinda Swan as Medusa, and Iwan Rheon as Maximus. A lot of key characters have yet to be cast, but Karnak is one comic book character fans have been wondering about for a while now and this is a solid bit of casting.

"Ken brings both a wisdom and a power to the role that no one else could match. His Karnak will be awesome," said Executive Producer, Jeph Loeb. Executive Producer Scott Buck added: "Ken Leung has a great natural intelligence that reads clearly and will add depth and complexity to the very complicated character of Karnak."

With Iron Fist showrunner Scott Buck in charge, the first two episodes of The Inhumans will premiere in IMAX theaters before then making the movie to ABC.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Marvel and ABC's The Inhumans has rounded out its cast, and also confirmed that the team's giant teleporting pooch, Lockjaw, will indeed be a part of the show.

Isabelle Cornish.jpg

Isabelle Cornish

Eme  Ikwuakor.jpeg

Eme Ikwuakor

Mike Moh.jpg

Mike Moh

Isabelle Cornish (Australia Day) will play Medusa's younger sister Crystal, while Eme Ikwuakor (Concussion) has been cast as Black Bolt's hoofed cousin, Gorgon, and Mike Moh (Empire) will portray the amphibious Triton. Meanwhile, Sonya Balmores (Soul Surfer) has signed on as head of Attilan's Royal Guards, Auran, and Ellen Woglom (Californication) will play and undisclosed character, who sounds like she's going to be the audience surrogate.

You can find out more about the cast and their characters over at Marvel.com.

These guys join the previously announced Iwan Rheon as Maximus, Anson Mount as Black Bolt, Ken Leung as Karnak, and Serinda Swan as Medusa.

The first 2 episodes of The Inhumans will screen in IMAX theaters on September 1, with the show set to continue on ABC on September

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Marvel on the comics side of things over the last several years has reduced the overall status and exposure of the X-Men/mutants in the Marvel Universe due to Fox's movie ownership of all mutant related characters. The Inhumans have been elevated as the new "outcast" race of the Marvel Universe, which is why Marvel & ABC are betting on them.

The Inhumans have been introduced and pushed on the MCU/TV side of things for the last couple of years on Agents of SHIELD, especially the aspect of how normal humans mistrust & fear them, so the intro of the Royal Family is the next big logical step to establish the Inhumans as the "mutants" of the MCU.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is the first Thor movie that I'm actually excited to see, although short haired Thor is a different look. What I'm really looking forward to see is Gladiator Hulk.

[​IMG]

20. samson1701

Iron Fist is getting trashed by the critics. Could this be the "Iron Man 2" of Marvel's Netflix shows?