The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

excellent trailer, doesn't look like they spoiled anything that we didn't already know either.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So Miles and Spider-Gwen are a thing???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Wow didn't see that one coming.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

With the exception of The Dark Knight, the X-Men movies have been better than the Batman movies. X-Men 2 was great, days of futures past was good, and First Class is one of the best super hero movies out there.
    Don't hate on wolverine, he is the most popular and for good reason, a true badass.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Are you high? Outside of First Class and Days of Future Past X-Men has been trash

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So you like 2 out of the 3 movies I mentioned, but I'm high? Lol

Admit it. Deep down you are a hardcore Batman fan. Lol. Hell Iron man is my favorite but I can admit that the iron man movies have not been all that good. The second one was ok tho.

Basied much? Lol.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. The Dark King

You pick the second iron man as the good one ? Yeah we have different tastes lol

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Is this in the mainstream Marvel comics universe (Earth 616)? How is Gwen alive?

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you liked the 3rd one. No way you could have liked the first one. No one liked the first one....lol

10. The Dark King

Lol I actually did like the first one.
    I enjoy origin stories. Loved the first Batman movie too. Actually like it more than Dark Knight .

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Damn. How about the first Thor? First Cap America. Those movies sucked.

12. The Dark King

Lol ok you got me there. No dispute here.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It's in the 616 Universe. Spider-Gwen is from an alternate Earth (Earth 65) where Gwen Stacy instead of Peter Parker was bitten by the radioactive spider and became Spider-Woman.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bruh, nope. The Batman franchise has had the better movies as a whole. Tim Burton's Batman was good for it's time. Batman Begins was good. And the Dark Knight was actually an Oscar worthy film. Possibly, the best superhero film ever made. Now, The Dark Knight Rises was passible, but I couldn't call it good. But definitely better than X-Men 1, X-Men 3 and Wolverine 1.

That's 4 to X-men's 3. And, let's be honest, they have yet to make a really good Wolverine film. The last one was almost good. But, not quite there. I put it just under The Dark Knight Rises.

I loved Iron Man 1. Hated Iron Man 2. And, liked Iron Man 3. What they did to The Mandarin didn't bother me at all. It was a fun movie.

Captain America was a solid, albeit by the numbers, action film. And Thor wasn't bad. I was never bored. But, I was never excited either.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Samson you make some good points.

I just want to say that both of you guys are right about Iron man one. Pulled it out of my stash to watch it this morning. I haven't seen it since it first came out years ago and wtf? I don't know why I didn't care for it the first time I seen it.

My only guess is that I didn't really know anything about Iron man back then and I expected something totally different. Wolverine, and Hulk were my favorites growing up. Iron man didn't become my favorite until after the avengers movie dropped. I didn't even see Iron man 2 until after the avengers came out.

Sometime after that I read about him and he became my favorite. Just watched the first one for the second time and holy shit I like him even more lol.

Pretty sure Iron man one is the only movie I have slept on like that.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Maybe I just didn't expect him to be human at first?

17. samson1701

Iron Man 1 was the shit! And, what made ut better was nobody expected it to be that good. Outside of people who read the comics, no one really knew who Iron Man was. He was a "B" level Marvel hero. Way behind X-Men and Spiderman.

That's why I give Marvel so much credit. They not only killed the game, they resurrected and redifined it so much that they are the gold standard of superhero movie making. And, they did it soley without the use of their most popular heroes.

And it all started with Iron Man 1.

18. The Dark King

Well it all started with Blade even though for some reason it's always left out of the conversation. Maybe because vampires are more fantasy than sci-fi?
    Iron Man set the standard for modern day superhero movies. First time for me where a dude suited up but wasn't a self righteous prick about it... y'all know how I feel about Batman lol

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It's left out of the conversation because it's a pre-Marvel Studios movie and not viewed under the same lens as the current crop of comic book movies. Iron Man is the official first Marvel Studios/shared universe movie.

Blade is responsible for setting the tone for more gritty and realistic takes on comic book movies that other movies have followed since. Compare the Burton/Schumacher Batman movies which are pre-Blade to Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy for the obvious influences on how comic book movies are now interpreted.

20. samson1701

I can't believe I forgot about Blade! Fuck ... somebody please take my Black Nerd Card for I am no longer worthy.

Truth of the matter is Blade's success was probably used as proof of the earning power of the rest of Marvel's lesser known characters. There may have been no financing for Iron Man had there not been successful Blade films. I don't know that for sure. But, it wouldn't surprise me if that were true.

Bruh, the whole idea of a person thinking he or she alone can do a better job than law enforcement is the epidimy of self righteousness. You might as well write off the entire genre. But, no, you want to pick on Batman.

Ole' Bane crush, havin', nicca! ...lol