The most swiped-right man on Tinder is a black man.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ColiBreh1, Feb 15, 2017.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

I think of a pretty boy as more of the boy band type that someone else mentioned. Not to the point of the makeup, etc. It's someone who is more about how he looks than his character and who he is.

For example, a stereotypical well put together businessman who exudes masculinity would not be a pretty boy. Or another example, I would never call an alpha male a pretty boy.

It sounds like you think a more polished man is a pretty boy and I wouldn't agree with that.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'm glad imperfections are in as I have plenty of them:).

3. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

I don't believe you, but hell yeah of course. :D

4. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

Give us real life examples of who you think is a pretty boy....

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Any real life examples I would give you wouldn't know. I'm not one who knows (or cares) who celebrities are at all, so I couldn't give you examples like that.

I wouldn't automatically think the guy in the OP is a pretty boy....other than he's a "supermodel", which would turn me off.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

Imperfections, idiosyncrasies, and quirks are what makes people unique and often quite wonderful.

7. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

You, my friend, are the only pretty boy who gets a pass from me lol. But like K was talking about, no matter how "pretty" YOU are, YOU have depth and character and intelligence and all the lovely things that are all too often missing from "pretty boys". Seems the women folk here view pretty boys differently than the men do. I LOVE a gorgeous face on a man, but I want it to be naturally gorgeous, not just gorgeous after an hour of prep time lol. Id imagine many guys feel the same about their women. I remember my husband making comments when we first started dating about how much he loved the fact that I could roll out of bed, hair in a ponytail, throw on a summer dress and be out the door "looking perfect" in less than 5 minutes <3 He's such a love <3 I want to wake up next to the same face I go to sleep next to lol. True pretty boys, IMO, are only pretty because they put all their effort into their appearance instead of improving their narrow personalities lol.

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

No worries. Different definitions as per region and experience.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I think I understand your difference in definition. Basically, it's a guy who will spend hours getting ready. I don't feel anything beyond an hour is necessary (assuming that you take long showers and so on). I take long showers, shave with a straight razor, and take my time applying toner, then moisturizer and eye cream to my face, and I apply lotion to my body. Taking long showers sets me at 45 min. To an hour tops (I like to take my time and I am rarely in a hurry).

Taking more than that much time is kind of ridiculous. And in my opinion, you aren't really very pretty/handsome if you need that much work done. I tend to date women who don't use much makeup unless we are going to an event. So, in this definition of a prettyboy, I can more than understand why women wouldn't be interested. I mean... you aren't really pretty if you have to take hours to look decent.

10. MightyLighty

Well, how would you know? Just show em'....

And several of the women here and a completely different definition of a 'pretty boy'. I though it id a dudes with feminism features/appearance (grown out hair, thin, etc), not necessary high maintenance.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  11. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

When @beccaomecca says "imperfections," what she really means is Idris Elba with a zit on his face that's going to go away in 24 hours. LOL

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. K

K Well-Known Member

I don't have a bunch of pictures of random pretty boys out in the world, nor would I go looking for them on the web.

I'm sure different women do have different definitions. The 3 of us who responded live in different areas and are very different in ages. Raider and I are probably somewhat similar just being in CA and living in the land of abundance pretty, fake, plastic, and high maintenance.

I think there are those pretty boys who just are naturally more pretty (maybe more baby face or more refined features "fem") and then those who are very high maintenance and ultra metro, glued to the mirror....lots of them around. Some women simply are not going to want to be with a man who they feel is more attractive than they are. I don't have a problem with that. I don't think it's a competition given that I think the way a man is attractive and the way a woman is attractive is different. I think the problem comes when the lines become more blurred.

I find it rather amusing that there are a few on here who are so concerned about it. I know very few men on here have ever posted a pic but I really haven't gotten the "pretty boy vibe" from anyone on here with the exception maybe of you. But then there are questions in general about you and how you have behaved on here.

Maybe Becca and/or Raider could post pics of examples of what they think are pretty boys??

13. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Why are you even entertaining this troll?

14. MightyLighty

^You're the troll.....

15. beccaomecca

16. beccaomecca

And I'm the Billy goat gruff coming to kick your ass lol

17. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

One of my close friends from high school days was one of those high-maintenance dudes. I guess he'd be considered a pretty boy. It was back in the 1980s when lightskin and curly hair was still a big thing to have in the black community. It used to drive the rest of us crazy when we'd decide to go hang out, and 'ol boy had to take forever prettying himself up.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  18. MightyLighty

Donky

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. beccaomecca