Tennis coach makes ignorant comments about Serena

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Rochiebabes86, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol.

I'd much rather spend more time with the people I love but different strokes for different folks. The average American spends more awaken hours with coworkers than they do their own families. No wonder there is so much fucking on the job...lol. I guess if your spouse works with you it's win win.

I've loved technology since I was a kid, never needed a job to teach me that.

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

With a lot of money you can have both, but just go around doing nothing or taking vacations to show off the bikini collection is not me. I need to work, I have a fun education and need to use it.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not having a job does not equal doing nothing. Where does this mindset come from? Lol

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Swimming an hour a day, 5 days a week.
    Lifting weights 2 hours a day 4 days a week. Running an hour a day 3-4 days a week. Playing ball 2-4 hours every weekend. That's just a workout schedule and that takes up almost as much time as a job in itself...lol.

Throw in personal interests like poker, surfing, jet skiing, wait.... Damn I haven't even accounted for hobby time yet, Not to mention work around the house and maintenance on the toys....lol

Routine is out as soon as I can get rid of it for good.

5. Reverie

The protestant ethics (Max Weber).
    Now, this is leisure for me, and after a while it would stop being fun. I need to use my head too. :p

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So building electronic systems and cars as a hobby is not using your head? Hmm learned something new here today......lol

And thank God I'm not a protestant....lol

7. Reverie

I didn't write that.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. Ok.

But seriously, I still have room for growth but I know I'm not going to reach my full potential until I hit hobby status. There is no job on earth where I could use everything I've ever learned, but maybe that's just me. The less structure I have the higher the level of ingenuity I can reach.

9. Reverie

I see your point.
    But I am a person that works hardest under pressure, so if everything became a hobby, I wouldn't get much done.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I do understand. I benefit from some structure in my learning. Its just that the way I apply it is much more intuitive. I would still probably take some classes part time of I had that 150 million.

11. Reverie

Nice!

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Guaranteed. Remember, I called it right here

13. RicardoCooper

I saw the tape. Homeboy kept on eating while She-Hulk went into straight Avengers mode.

14. Reverie

ok. ;)

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

It is not the same. How many of us here can claim we were the top of our field and yet faced blatant adversity in both deeds and actions by white people who were threatened and uncomfortable with our success? That's what Serena and her family went through although at times their ghetto antics led to such reactions. And how many of us have publicly again and again and again called out the bigotry that we have faced? Serena has been speaking out to the media about all the belittling racist crap she had to deal with ever since turning pro. Nothing wrong with that. But she has chosen to date mostly white men during that entire time. I don't know about any of you but if I was a celeb and spent so much time pointing out how racists some whites have been to me, I probably wouldn't be in a mindset to go around dating white people. If a black male sports figure did that he would be ripped by black people and especially black twitter non-stop. But Serena gets a pass and is described as being "woke". Extremely hard for a black man, if at all possible, to be labeled as woke if his significant other is a white woman.

So Serena, with all of her success and riches, should just let that crap slide, as hard as it may be. I for one don't need to keep reading all this stuff of her bitching about what white people do when the people she want to share her bed with and marry are also white people. That may not be fair but since fairness isn't typically put in use for black male celebs I don't give a shit.

16. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I can respect that.

17. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

If you're a BM in an IR, not only can you not call out racism, but you can't even say supportive things about other black people.

Case in point is Wesley Snipes. Dude got attacked on Twitter for making positive statements about black women because he's had non-black partners.

These fucking double standards in the black community have long since passed the point of absurdity. It's only going to change if black men grow a spine and shut this shit down.

18. RicardoCooper

Wonder why @MightyLighty disliked this post? Sup "bruh"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there have been bm in IR and called out racism.

20. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Matriarchal people are not about producing men with spines.

We are a matriarchy for the same reason whites are a patriarchy.

FEMALE CHILD PREFERENCE.

WW have a boy child preference.
    BW have a girl child preference.

People that put a premium on girls will never be able to compete with those that put a premium on boys.