Tap dancing Sage Steele replaced by Michelle Beadle on NBA Countdown

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 4north1side2, Apr 5, 2017.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ESPN today announced that Michelle Beadle has been named the full-time host of NBA Countdown on ABC and ESPN. In this role, Beadle will lead the company’s NBA pre-game and halftime shows, including for the NBA Finals on ABC. She will also host ESPN’s and ABC’s studio coverage throughout the NBA Playoffs, which includes ESPN’s exclusive coverage of the Western Conference Finals.

Michelle Beadle:

“The only thing better than working for Connor Schell and Kevin Wildes is being able to spend each day with all of the incredibly talented people at NBA Countdown and SportsNation. It’s the best job in sports. Did I mention that Kawhi Leonard is the M.V.P. of the league?”

Beadle will host the remaining regular-season editions of NBA Countdown on ESPN and ABC, including for the season finale of NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC on April 8, at 8 p.m. ET. She will also continue to serve as a co-host for SportsNation, which airs Monday-Friday on ESPN at 3:30 p.m.

Kevin Wildes, ESPN vice president, original content:

“I’ve had the wonderful experience of working directly with Michelle for several years and as predicted, she’s made a tremendous mark on NBA Countdown since joining the show in October. It’s very rare to find a commentator who can so masterfully combine intelligence, candor, and humor and she does it all while keeping her finger on the pulse of the NBA. Like a great point guard, she makes everyone around her better and we’re looking forward to this next chapter in Michelle’s career as she leads us forward on NBA Countdown.”

Beadle joined NBA Countdown at the start of the current season, and has led ESPN’s regular Wednesday and Friday episodes. She also hosted ABC’s NBA Countdown on Christmas Day.

2. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

Hey Sage, come collect you coon papers....

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

ESPN is going through a corporate restructure due to declining revenue and major exclusive rights deals they have to pay out to professional and college sports.

Sage Steele isn't the only 'name' at ESPN who's going to lose their job in the upcoming months. Rumor is there will be dozens of major name anchors on ESPN who will be getting the ax in upcoming months.

Just because Sage is biracial and married to a WM doesn't mean she's a coon. SMH. And it's not the reason she was replaced by Michelle Beadle.

Beadle is just that kind of chick who is every dude's best friend, whether or not they're trying to fucking her on the low. She's funny, insightful, witty, comfortable in her own skin and has no problem being the only woman on set with all (Black) men.

Sage didn't get fired because she was bad at her job.
    Michelle Beadle happened to be better at it.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Uhhhhhh......You might wanna read these articles to understand why Sage Steele is considered a c00n/bedwench in black society:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...sity-is-peak-hypocrisy-ignorance-self-hatred/

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...being-racists-causing-our-own-discrimination/

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...dangerous-she-should-be-banned-from-doing-so/

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...-is-the-truth-she-doesnt-ever-bother-to-hide/

Also the blacklash Sage Steele has gotten is definitely a factor in her demotion. Because why would they demote her now in April right before the NBA Playoffs is about to start instead of just waiting till after the season?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  5. andreboba

I don't know precisely why Sage Steele was fired, but the writers at BSO are going in awfully hard on her to the point of exaggeration and almost proving her point, that we have somewhat of a problem with intolerance and hatred of our own within the Black community. The BSO writers go after her way too often for her simply mentioning she's biracial, is married to a White guy and has faced discrimination in her life from other Black folk.

But nothing I saw that she wrote was 'empowering White supremacists' or led me to believe she thinks she's White, or thinks that White people are better than Blacks.

I couldn't find in your posts where Sage Steele said if Blacks stopped using the N-word, they wouldn't be harassed by law enforcement.
    If she did indeed say something close to that, then yeah that was stupid and ignorant and could cause enough backlash to get her fired from ESPN.

But the first link where she bashed Mike Evans for taking a knee during the National Anthem, although I disagree with her, was just her dumb opinion and not self-hating.

I admit I haven't been keeping up with the Sage Steele controversy or her social media comments and didn't realize she had become polarizing among a segment of the Black community.

6. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

She's a militant coon.

7. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I don't like Sage Steele at all, but I don't understand why the people who are angry about her don't have the same reaction to Charles Barkley.

Barkley has said far worse about black people than Sage Steele has, and he's doing for a lot longer. That motherfucker even defended George Zimmerman.

To add to the absurdity, he came out to white knight for Latinos and Muslims against Trump during the campaign.

Like I said, if people were chomping at the bit get Sage Steele of the air, they should be just as eager to get Barkley off of Inside the NBA.

8. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Barkley should not even be alive.

We need a system of reward and punishment like other groups have.

9. ColiBreh1

Uhhhhhh....... Black folks finally realized that Charles Barkley is a coon the last couple years or so. He now regularly gets shitted on whenever he speaks on politics/black issues. So you're late to the party.

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

She's ignorant to racism and how systemic racism works if she believes black people have been more racist to her than white people. As long as racism
    still holds power in this country it effects us. She just met some white people that were nice to her and black people that weren't and thought she had it all figured out
    just from that.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That speaks for a whole hell of a lot of black folks who came up after the Civil Rights Era, especially if they came up as token black surrounded by nothing but white people. You're going to buy more into the AmeriKKKan Dream propaganda if you already believe that you're special.

12. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

I never knew much about her but wow she seems like a snobby bitch. I think Beedle will make people forget about her and her aggressively right views.

13. ColiBreh1

It doesn't speak well about Sage's Black Father that she is so ignorant & mentally-warped about race.

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Depends on how good her relationship with her father is right now.

15. ColiBreh1

Here's a Instagram video that Sage posted back in November on Veteran's Day with her Family including her Father, Brother, & Mother:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMsh2c2BFN_/

16. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Barkley has always been ignorant and I never understood why anyone would take him seriously. However Barkley has been consistently inconsistent because he will just as often take leftist public views in favor of black people.

17. ColiBreh1

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/864205399586738177
    [​IMG]
    http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...ite-nationalists-saved-her-from-being-let-go/

@andreboba

18. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

^Nigga wake-up call

19. andreboba

Editor In Chief Robert Littal of BSO is coming off like he's obsessed with Sage Steele, and not in a good way.
    I already know she's a Black conservative, is biracial and married to a White guy, but this dude bitches and moans about nearly everything that comes out of her mouth.

This is the reason Sage Steele says Littal writes lies about her. First of all, he has no real evidence Sage Steele took a massive pay cut to stay with ESPN, yet Littal states this as fact. You don't print speculation as fact. Secondly, he says that White Nationalists helped Sage Steele keep her job.

How??? An even bigger lie.

Yeah, Breitbart wrote a small piece about Sage Steele being fired from NBA Countdown, but that's not the reason she's still working at ESPN.
    Breitbart didn't pressure ESPN to keep her employed.

Look, I disagree with many of the non sports comments that come out of her mouth because I disagree with her politics, but Robert Littal is reading some deeper meaning or negative message into most everything she says.

If not for BSO I doubt anyone else would be talking about Sage Steele to the extent Robert Littal does.