Taking your White Girlfriend or Wife to a Black owned spot

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Mrmike757, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

Maybe you wanted to eat at some Soul Food spot, or grab some BBQ like your people cook. Has anyone ever done this? What are your experiences? Was she cool or uncomfortable? How did the workers there if all black treat you all?

I remember watching Jungle Fever when Wesley Snipe's character takes his girlfriend to a place to eat, and Queen Latifah's character basically grilled him about his white gf. Got me wondering about anyone else's experiences with this.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Go to Jamaican spots with women I date all the time. No issues what so ever but its not really shocking to see a black guy with a non black woman around here.

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I dated a white chick who grew up in the boonies who would become awkward as fuck when she saw large groups of black people in the city. I think a little side of her would be joking but she was dead serious for the most part.... Always talking about being shot and robbed. Would roll up her windows when black folks would pass when downtown lol.... didn't want to hang out in black spots because they were "ghetto".

Other than her, everybody else was cool. Never incurred any problems or felt unwanted by employees or patrons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. K

K Well-Known Member

At some point it became trendy in CA to go to any ethnic restaurants, shops, etc. Once in awhile I hear about someone having some sort of overt crap thrown their way, but typically it's more of the quiet nature, if at all.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It depends on where you live and whether or not the places you want to go are places that you yourself have frequented enough to gauge the customer/staff vibe who are there.

6. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Definitely depends on the place/area. I would have no problem doing this but I wouldn't take her to any place/area where it's likely to be some stuff. It's one thing to get the looks and second looks, but I'm not trying to expose anyone to any crap

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I do agree that it can depend a lot on where you live and the general vibe of the place and people. If the vibe sucks, go someplace else.

Personally, I've never had any negative experiences being taken to (or going on my own) any black owned establishments, and my guess is it's probably because I don't feel any discomfort in a predominantly black environment. To a lot of people it may sound weird, but I've always felt at home with black people. There have been many occasions over the years where I've been the only white person in the place (restaurants, church, functions, get-togethers, clubs, etc.), and I've never felt out of place.

8. hellified

hellified Active Member

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Took my lady to a soul food joint and a BBQ joint, no problems. Both black-owned.

10. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I feel much like Tam in that I don't feel uncomfortable or out of place when visiting an establishment where I am "out of place"

"One of these things is not like the others, one of these thing are not the same..."

Remember that skit from Sesame Street? Lol

But I digress

It has more to do with a woman (or a man for that matter) feeling comfortable in their own skin and who they are as a person. In this way, a person should feel confident and comfortable wherever they go. Sadly, the world presents stereotypes and some people take issue to those things that are different because they don't like the way it makes them feel.

While I get the feelings of having your own environment and your spots you don't want people who are not like you to change that special environment, I think the world would be better served if we could learn to appreciate each other's differences and celebrate our different heritages, food, music, etc. etc.

I am often the only white person at cookouts, churches, family gatherings etc. so perhaps my comfort comes from having a mixed family with two different races for so many years. I never feel like I don't "fit in" because I don't allow myself to be a victim and close myself off in a shell. I am networking and socializing with everyone around me and showing genuine interest and participating in the conversations. I think otherwise, people may look at me differently being that I seem uncomfortable or even that I am a jerk.

That being said, if I am treated disrespectfully because I am different, I don't go back.

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The punk recording this vid knew dude eating with his girl, so in a sense the vid was staged.
    Only a mentally disturbed BM would walk up on another BM eating with his woman, spout all that hatred and nonsense and think he was gonna walk away with all his teeth. Or without a bullet hole in his chest.

It kills me when some people are so openly racist and hateful.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  12. Mrmike757

Yea I saw that. Dude needed his ass whooped for that. Uncalled for.

13. RicardoCooper

If he'd'a touched him would've screamed hate crime

14. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Lol nah the chump spotted the bigger chump pulling his ho card and now his ex lady is getting it balls deep with a real man.

15. Mrmike757

Looked like a Jamaican/Soul food spot could've laid em out no one would've cared lol. She got with another brotha in there after that hahaha.

16. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

That punk wouldn't have done that to a BW and a WM

You best believe that.

17. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

Ive been to many black owned restaurants with dates. Soul food, jamaican food, a nigerian restaurant once. Never felt funny or out of place really. Usually at least one or two other white women in there with bf's and stuff

18. RicardoCooper

That's the first place we take our white trophy women

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Why should the waiters and the owners care? I mean, they are supposed to be professionals.

20. RicardoCooper

"Black-owned" and "professional" is a contradiction in terms.You'd be lucky if you got basic service

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List