Starbucks' PR Disaster in Philly

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SilverSmith, Apr 16, 2018.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought so too. One of the locations near me has comfy outdoor furniture outside, and of course comfy furniture inside. Another location a few blocks away actually has a fireplace. Also... Yes, anyone would interpret the phone charging stations/power outlets/free wi-fi as an invitation to stay a while.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Hahah we good...as far as I know????

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yes, I was thinking that if the store was in Center City... then they'd see plenty of black, white and other customers. Based upon witness statements and such it does indeed seem to have been an overreaction in calling the police.

4. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

8. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

9. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

I hate to make a joke about a very serious topic, needless to say, this is just a tiny example of the kind of disgusting racism young black men face in this country. Its terrible and it shouldnt be tolerable anymore! That being said, I definitely wouldnt be kicking those two young men out! They can come over to my place for coffee anytime they'd like! lol especially the one with the beard ;)

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The Starbucks involved in the melee had all their store windows smashed yesterday. Of course you can't find this in the mainstream news anywhere because "they don't know if it's connected to what happened", however the dicks that smashed the windows did leave a note about releasing all prisoners from jails.

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

1 minute search pulled up this CBS local affiliate detailing the story Bliss, and it seems the note was more about ongoing prison labor strike happening across the country, not releasing all prisoners from what I can find. Are you reading those far right blogs again and taking what they say as the absolute truth?

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/09/03/center-city-starbucks-vandalism-prison-labor-strike/

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Loki what are you talking about? I live here!
    Don't show me a LOCAL report to refute me when THAT is exactly where l HEARD about it - from my local news.

I'm getting real sick of your pathetic attempts to gaslight me.

Now go back and read what l said: "MAINSTREAM". Local is not MAINSTREAM. And that includes FOX. No report. No coverage.

And yes, my local ABC affiliate reported the note contained a demand to free prisoners.

Of course, no comment from you about the actual smashing of all windows. Just condescension from you. Typical.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Gaslighting, LOL, you are the QUEEN of gaslighting, then running away and deflecting when proven wrong. Your typical arrogance and misinformation is what draws my responses and nothing more. CBS is mainstream even if it is local. Your track record of spreading false information, jumping to wrong conclusions and outright unverified lies are what draws the ire of many including myself around here Bliss, you are NOT a victim and from time to time deserving of condescension.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yep.
    Only here to you is it misinformation.
    Yet, your sources you default to have been proven liars over again.

I recall coming across an outrageous 'statistical' claim you obtained from one of them which you used to argue against Paniro, and when l looked up the claim it was glaringly inaccurate. It was a conversation long buried and l just laughed because you actually believed it enough to post it.
    Loki, just because you are backslapped in your arrogant bubble here doesn't make your false lies true.

To ridiculously claim the local station you posted is mainstream, is exactly what l'm talking about. You're so far up yourself and rarely questioned here that when you are wrong, you can't admit it even when the link is telling you it's not MSM.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/09/03/center-city-starbucks-vandalism-prison-labor-strike/

Also, neither is it a "far right" blog, as you insisted it would have been from. So now, who wrote a falsehood and arrogant assumption again? You did.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

So much to unpack here, Bliss you really dont want me to go back through the archives to show the MANY, MANY times I have proven you wrong on multiple issues where you were at first adamant in your position and positive you had the "right" information. You reference (without details) an instance where you believe I had the wrong information on an issue, often times Bliss you struggle to interpret information or fall victim to "spin" from the far right on an issue and use specious details to support your view, I give you your stance on Hogg supposedly lying, your reference to Pizzagate, and your complete lack of understanding of the Iran $ and the ongoing lawsuit as primary examples although I could give many more.

You state positions with such certainty with so little understanding, another example is way back during the Trayvon case when I said it was quite possible that Zimmerman could walk free given the elements of the case and the lack of evidence, you piped in saying that you did not see how it would be possible that Zimmerman could get a total walk, just another example of you not listening to someone who knows more than you, has more information than you, and knows how to interpret said information.

When you started spouting the far right, alt right talking points on multiple issues in such a tone deaf and insensitive manner is when I lost patience with you Bliss, I wont even address your claim that I never admit when im wrong because we have covered that ground in prior conversations and you are using it yet again as a form of distraction, suffice to say such a claim coming from you is the pot calling the kettle black.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

When arguing with a lawyer goes wrong lol

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Off topic but we need your pretty avi and sunny attitude back up in here