Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Its official Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
    [​IMG]

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I like the title and the red lettering is kind of ominous.

I was a bit let down by Episode 7, So I'm keeping my proverbial fingers crossed for this.

3. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE!!!

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Classic Lando having lunch with Lando 2.0 Billy Dee is probably passing Donald the satin cape.

[​IMG]

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Not bad ...

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First official marketing related image for Star Wars : The Last Jedi.

[​IMG]

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

First cast photo of the Han Solo standalone movie. Donald Glover's face looks like he's saying "can we hurry up with this shit, I have season 2 of Atlanta to do."

[​IMG]

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't know if my 40-year love affair with Star Wars is starting to fade, or if that trailer is just average.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Remember, it's just a teaser. Summer & Fall will be when they drop the trailers to actually get you hype to want to go see the movie in December.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get that. It's just that I have been increasingly disappointed with the direction Star Wars has headed since Disney bought Lucasfilm, so I was hoping this trailer was going to spark some hope in me.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

With The Force Awakens, I think they played it safe for the most part. Between the Rebels cartoon and the actual war tone/no force users of Rogue One, I'm willing to give them some leeway to actually build the Star Wars Universe on screen. Felt more like an expanded universe should feel with Rogue One.

Hopefully they play up Finn's tactical/combat side that they established off camera in the backstory novel, this go around. Wondering if they will make him the new captain of the Millennium Falcon and have Rey focus on her Jedi training with Skywalker?

15. darkcurry

Quick question, why are people "shipping"(hoping for an intimate relationship) Finn and Poe? LOL!

When I seen the trailer earlier on twitter they were talking with the FinnRey "shippers" talking about how it could be Finn and Poe.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Because one of the producers said there would be gay characters in the Star Wars movies, so people automatically think it has to be characters in the new trilogy. But since Rogue One came out there's been talk that Chirrut Imwe & Baze Malbus may have been the gay characters that the producer was referring to. Hopefully that's the case so they are not shoe horning a relationship that they don't necessarily need.

17. darkcurry

It sounds like people are WAY off then. lol.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Anybody who thinks they are going to have an open same-sex relationship between main characters is kidding themselves. Star Wars is an international brand. Homosexuality isn't as accepted in other parts of the world as it is in western society, and there is no way Disney is going to risk losing out on those overseas ticket sales. If there is ever a gay character in Star Wars it is guaranteed that the character's sexuality will be kept very ambiguous, and it will only get flushed out in supplementary material (comics, novels, etc)

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

If one of the main characters are gay, it will be Fin. Gay black men are all the rage in Hollywood.

You can put them in lead roles and not have to worry about having the lead white actress having a romantic relationship with them.

It's s perfect solution to Hollywood's diversity problem. Black and gay. So, they get two for the price of one.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, Are you just finding out about this? Fans & media have been shipping Finn & Poe since "The Force Awakens" came out. I came in this thread right now to ask y'all about this.