Specifications

Discussion in 'General Site Information - Guidelines' started by webmaster, Oct 26, 2008.

1. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

• Maximum characters per post is 10,000 characters.
    • Post topic/title limit is 85 characters.
    • There is a 24 hour window to edit or delete posts.
    • If a post is edited after 5 minutes then a note "last edited by..." will display on the bottom.
    • Maximum images per post is 6.
    • Maximum attachments per post is 6 - limited to images and txt.
    Pictures/Avatars

• Profile photo - maximum width and height (100X100) - 65KB size limit
    • Avatar - maximum width and height (100X100) - 65KB size limit
    • Signature image - maximum width and height (500X100) - 120KB size limit
    Signatures

• Maximum characters in signature excluding BB code is 500 characters.
    • You can view the last 50 reputation comments left for you through your profile.
    * last edited on 06/22/10

2. WW ONLY

WW ONLY Restricted

Webbie are you sure 24 is enough ?? why can't we edit posts any time ?? deleting is completey different I have no issue with that.

3. webmaster

After leaving a post up for a full day I figure someone really meant to say what they posted. That means anyone who checks the board at least once a day would have already seen it - no matter what time zone they're in.

Allowing members to edit posts at any time is actually worse than allowing them to delete the post at any time. At one time unlimited editing was allowed but some members who could not delete their posts simply edited all of them with "..." It caused more members to quote everything to protect the integrity of their response, which meant more clutter.

I believe I changed it after a member, who had deleted all their posts when that was allowed, came back a second time a few months later, and then left again and edited all their posts with "..." - a real selfish and annoying thing to do.

That said, if someone needs to have a post edited, moved, or deleted after 24 hours, they can report it.

4. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Hey Webbie, how are you? I wanted to know if and how I can embed a sound clip in my post?

5. webmaster

I missed this question. If you mean sound playing automatically, no. The reason is because some people read the forums at work or at other places where impromptu sound could be an issue.

6. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Lol, as I had missed your response until now, that sir was kind of you to answer my question even after the time lapse, thank you kind sir. :smt039

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

why isn't html code on? I am not sure if it is me that can turn it on or just you.

8. webmaster

HTML is off for security reasons. With HTML on users can potentially change the layout of a thread or hijack visitors using javascript. Many boards (and this one) allow "BB code" so you can use HTML tags that are considered safe.

9. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

Is this the 'BBC' that so many trolls come on here talking about? :smt102:smt042

10. archangel

I believe that is the news station. lol

11. GirlieGirl74

You are probably right. I know that I can't get enough of it. :smt042

12. archangel

So am I to understand that you can't get enough of bbc? lmao

13. GirlieGirl74

I daydream about the bbc all the time. I love being informed on all the important and big topics. I'm a very 'hands on' type of person. ;) :smt042

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Webmaster is it possible for me see my past rep posts?

15. Espy

Espy New Member

He's going to email them to you Andrae.

16. The Dark King

Thanks Espy

17. webmaster

Sent a screen shot of April, May, and part of June.

18. The Dark King

Thanks a lot I appreciate it.

19. webmaster

No problem. If you were looking for a specific time period not included let me know.

20. The Dark King

Yeah I was actually thinking of April back to January if that's doable. I never knew you could read these