Southern Living

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by justmel, Oct 1, 2012.

1. justmel

justmel New Member

I wonder if any of ya'll live in the southern states of the US and if so if you feel that interracial issues are more predominant here? Do you deal with blatant racism or just an occasional idiot?

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

When you live in my state, Every one is else is northerner.

I live in a very democrat county so not quite unusual.

3. falcon

falcon New Member

Georgia....In the ATL...Now that being said it all depends on where one is out for the eveing. Keep in mind that are several sopts that are very upscale so that will not be a problem. Now I do find it to be eye opener when I show at a work function with a date. Not all of America has turned a blind eye, so thats why I wear sunglasses.

4. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I live in Georgia too but outside of Atlanta things are a bit different. It's not as bad in the smaller cities as it was decades ago but we still have our issues. People can stare at me as much as they want...I like who I like and that's not gonna change anytime soon.

5. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Sippi. It's still funky here. Getting better though. I guess Lol

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I hear The ATL has homo guys EVERYWHERE!

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

If the first half of where you live begins with "Missis-" then I guess I probably should complain less about where I live...

8. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Well, you probably should. Lol

9. justmel

justmel New Member

How bad is ATL it is one of the places I can transfer to. Do you feel that it is a safe place to live if part of an IR couple? In general?

10. falcon

falcon New Member

As they say Atlanta is too busy to hate. For any any couple I would say its a safe place to live...Just get ready for the summer...They do call it HOTLanta For a reason

11. justmel

justmel New Member

I'm a southern girl, and I love the heat..that is one of the benefits of being in the south. :)
    Now just to figure out how to drive and survive there..

12. falcon

falcon New Member

Well there are plenty of car dealerships...and there is mass transit

13. justmel

justmel New Member

I have a car, but the interstate layout on the map looks like a kid drew it..Im a bit country, I did okay driving in DC but then again the roads were organized a bit better.

14. falcon

falcon New Member

Its ok here. keep in mind every other road is named Peachtree

15. justmel

justmel New Member

That is so funny, so if someone says meet me and the address says peach tree just give up, make an excuse and stay home..Too funny.

16. falcon

falcon New Member

yep...keep it simple and noway near a road named peachtree

17. justmel

justmel New Member

Does it feel more like a big city? Everyone running or does it still have the southern hospitality type feel, do people speak to each other?

18. free816

free816 New Member

Mel Nashville is a bit more like you are use to , I might be wrong but you wouldn't enjoy the freaking traffic great place to visit but wouldn't live there,
    Atlanta has loss a lot of that southern charm, whereas Nashville still has it, you can walk downtown and never see a warm smile unless you are about to get a hustle,,,
    To the fellas that live there over 35 what happened to magic city lol that joint was out of control

19. justmel

justmel New Member

I live in Murfreesboro about 20 minutes from Nashville and I love it.

20. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

I lived in NOLA for 6 years and loved it!!!! Never found a problem in the CITY with IR dating, but out of the city yep. However, I thought Bosotn would be okay...NOT in certain part of town or even certain overlaying towns. I would tell any IR couolpe that the Okay places in the city are MAttapn, Roxbury, Dorchester, South Boston(NOT SOUTHIE), Jamacia Plain, Copley, Downtown Crossing. Stay out of South Boston and Charlestown. Stay out fo the towns of Holbrook and Abington.