Shelby Shelby Found NOT Guilty...WTF

Discussion in 'In the News' started by MightyLighty, May 18, 2017.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

2. K

K Well-Known Member

I don't know what he did or didn't do. Clearly, by reports he has admitted to some things. I will say that during that time things were very different. It's true that drugs were used and heads were turned. This was the time before "date rape", etc. was coined and any of us who lived during the time (even the times after those early days of these reports/accusations) know that it was going on all over especially in California/Hollywood. Most women who were working in corporations dealt with it too. It is no secret that it was rampant in Hollywood. The thing that strikes me about this though is that this ends up being the largest group of women coming out against one particular man. I'm not saying they aren't necessarily right. I just think it's very odd and it's really difficult to NOT think there is some racial motive here. There are others that are known to have done all sorts of things and it's been kept under wraps. Based on some of the other cases that Allred and her daughter have championed, I just don't get how it hasn't been someone else before this.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Before I watch this. Did he admit to giving women quaaludes without their knowledge?

Key phrase: without their knowledge.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Cops need to at least have in their minds that it is probably not a good idea to shoot an unarmed black man. Just like it's probably not a good idea to shoot an unarmed white man. The kids of our familes should at least have that same level of protection as a bare minimum.

That is our problem to fix.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Which adds to me not believing this.
    Like where is the Hugh Heffner scandal?

6. The Dark King

I don't see how. How do you get others to suddenly see you as human?

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You use power. Then they have no choice. Who cares if they see us as human or not, they will still have to respect us.

That's the reason behind cornering markets....self preservation. Everyone understands the silent war within economics except black people.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

I think there are plenty of men that could be brought up (Hell want to talk Hef, how about the many men who frequented his parties and were in that circle too?). I don't think that alone discounts anything Cosby may have done. It just brings some major questions to mind. And since this has now been some time, WHY haven't others been brought up?

Personally, I think Cosby pissed some people off. I can't believe he was the first, last, or only one. Why suddenly are so many willing to speak up against him, but not anyone else??

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He's never said they had knowledge.

Cenk and Kasparian hit the nail..
    And the judge who released the transcript did so because he said Cosby had appointed himself a moralist and entered the public Square.

It's a good video......not long.

10. The Dark King

I simply can't believe them.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I give goose and patron to women.....wait let me say that they had knowledge before you assume that they didn't....lol

12. K

K Well-Known Member

You don't believe that he raped any of them?

13. The Dark King

Nope. I think it's more of a case of mass hysteria
    Do I think they had qualudes? Yup.
    Do I think it was more a party drug than a predatory move? Yup

14. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

What did she actually 'accuse' him of?

From what I interpret, Beverly Johnson, NEVER said Cosby fondled or sexually harassed her. She felt tipsy after taking a drink Cosby gave but that that was it.

So imho, she was just a ploy, to shut down any accusations of racism.

But why is all this talk about Cosby going on this thread???

15. The Dark King

Because this story further proves the overall sentiment about how the legal system responds to issues involving white women and black men. Even when the victim is black and the other person killed them for no reason they can simply say they were afraid and everyone is on the side of the killer. So there's no way I'm going to let anyway convince me of the black boogeyman who had 50 white women in the US during the 60s and 70s so damn scared they didn't confide in anyone about what he allegedly did. He was some how to big for them to take down. Mofo please

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

17. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

The judges broke the law knowing they won't get punished.

Trump has all kinds of rape allegations

**crickets** from the same people going after Cosby

18. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Do you believe OJ Simpson is guilty...?

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How is it crickets? They are two different situations. At least read this from The Vox...
    *Keep in mind convicted pimp Epstein is producing an antii-Trump expose documentary by Michael Moore called 'Farenheit 11/9' so he would know and put it in, right?

*An incredibly strange

case that featured an anonymous plaintiff who had refused almost all requests for interviews, two anonymous corroborating witnesses whom no one in the press had spoken to, and a couple of seriously shady characters — with an anti-Trump agenda and a penchant for drama — who had aggressively shopped the story around to media outlets for over a year.

Those shady characters — a former reality TV producer who calls himself “Al Taylor” and a “Never Trump” conservative activist named Steve Baer — had been mostly unsuccessful in getting the media to bite. There are a few very good reasons for that, which the Huffington Post’s Ryan Grim succinctly summed up: Taylor and Baer have been really sketchy about the whole thing, and since the accuser is anonymous, journalists can’t do anything to verify her claims. The only journalist who has actually interviewed Johnson, Emily Shugerman at Revelist, came away confused and even doubting whether Johnson really exists.

There were a couple of odd things about that lawsuit. The address listed on court documents as Johnson’s was actually a foreclosed, abandoned home, and the phone number was disconnected.

The lawsuit also described details that were so lurid — “almost cinematic in their depravity,” as Jezebel’s Anna Merlan put it— that they’re almost hard to believe. Some of those details were omitted from the second lawsuit, the New York Daily Newsreported:

Gone from the new lawsuit is an allegation that Trump threw money at the plaintiff for an abortion when she expressed fear about getting pregnant after being raped.
    Gone... is the allegation that Trump called co-defendant and accused pedophile and sex party host Jeffrey Epstein a “Jew bastard,”
    Gone is her request for $100 million in damages.

This spring, a man called “Al Taylor” sent a video of a woman with a blurred face and blonde wig (allegedly Johnson) recounting the allegations against Trump to news outlets, saying he wanted $1 million for it.
    Taylor
    , the Guardian reported, was actually Norm Lubow, a former producer on theJerry Springer show who has a history of using fake names and disguises to make juicy, false claims about celebrities.

The lawsuit was promoted to the media by an anti-Trump, anti-abortion activist named Steve Baer, a conservative activist and donor with a very influential email list that he uses to relentlessly spam reporters and conservative power players.

Baer, too, has a history of passing around “whoa if true” rumors: Last year, he was a key figure in spreading the notion that US Rep. Kevin McCarthy was having an 'extramaritalaffair with a woman in Congress' when McCarthy was a candidate to become speaker of the House.

To hear journalists who interacted with them tell it, Baer and Taylor come off as obnoxiously persistent in pushing the story, and infuriatingly evasive when asked for interviews with Johnson. Jezebel’s Anna Merlan published a long account of their bizarre antics.

Taylor in particular comes across as volatile and a little scary; Merlan reported that Taylor told her to “suck my dick” when she confronted him about his identity, and that he made harassing phone calls to other journalists. He also appears to have sent at least a few text messages and emails while posing as Katie Johnson — or at least messages that Meagher, Johnson’s attorney, denies that Johnson sent.

The Daily Beast’s Brandy Zadrozny also has a colorful story
    about the time Baer and Johnson had an epic public meltdown at each other — over Baer’s email list, cc’ing journalists all the way.

Again, Revelist’s Emily Shugerman is the only journalist who has managed tointerview Johnson. She says Meagher offered her the chance to interview Johnson over FaceTime from his office in Princeton, New Jersey. But Johnson apparently decided she didn’t want to do it after all, and the interview was canceled.

Three days later, close to midnight, Shugerman finally talked to Johnson over the phone in a conference call with Meagher. There were some odd things about that call, Shugerman writes:

Johnson's voice sounded muffled and far away when she answered — she said she was speaking softly because she didn’t want anyone to overhear her. Several times she paused mid-sentence, and I could hear her moving something.

"She has dogs," Meagher explained.

Shugerman says Johnson was “vague” in her descriptions of Epstein’s parties and how many people were there, and wouldn’t go into details about what she was asked to do. Some of the details she did give were consistent with descriptions of Epstein and his house Vicky Ward listed in a 2011 Vanity Fair profile — which could either lend credence to Johnson’s story, or suggest that “Johnson” just read the Vanity Fair story as research.

Most troublingly, a detective who worked with Epstein’s victims called into question a key part of Johnson’s story:

...Mike Fisten, a retired Miami-Dade detective who conducted research for several of Epstein's victims, denied such parties ever even took place.

"Jeffery never had parties like described in their complaint," Fisten told me. "Jeffery had sex parties, for sure, with two or three girls … but never with other guys."

There were men in attendance at Epstein’s more large, lavish affairs, Fisten said, but nothing illicit ever happened at such events.

But until Johnson actually does break her silence in a bigger way, there are still a lot of questions yet to be answered.

“I don't know if the Katie Johnson I spoke to is the same girl who Trump allegedly raped in 1994, or if that girl even exists,” Shugerman concluded in her piece. “All I know is the reason why the woman I spoke to on July 11 chose to speak to me at all. ‘I just want to get justice,’ she told me. ‘I mean, these things happen to girls everywhere … I just want people to know.’”

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And for the record, the Huff Post AND The Daily Beast - two leftist media outlets, didn't buy it...
    From ThelHuff Post:
    The Daily Beast did a deep dive into the case and the people supporting the accuser in July, and came to a devastating conclusion: “Far from derailing the Trump train, Katie Johnson and her supporters seem to be in an out-of-control clown car whose wheels just came off,” wrote Brandy Zadrozny.

The Guardian and *Jezebel
    looked into the situation and came up with equally unfavorable takes.

*I know, l know. don't let it trigger you)