Science Knowledge Quiz

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Loki, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

What's even stranger are the demographics based on "race". Why are blacks at the lowest point is beyond me. I guess lack of proper education has a lot to contribute to that.

3. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

9 out of 12 = 75%

The influence of magical thinking through the church or mosque is what keeps the lights off for blacks.

That and many American blacks think that sports or the arts are going to deliver success in their lives. It does for a very small percentage but more would find rewarding lives with science.

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

did they ask you for your race?

5. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

9 out of 12

Interesting demographic breakdown based on age groups, education levels, and ethnicity, however my survey did not ask me what my ethnic background was, so I am to assume they're published a study breaks it down.

6. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

9 out of 12.... I should of got 12 out of 12....

I got the Denver,, polio, and sound one wrong

This test is not a good measure of ones knowledge in science because I actually suck in that subject.

7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Science Knowledge Quiz Results

You answered 11 of 12 questions correctly.

You scored better than 82% of the public, below 6% and the same as 12%.

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I got the magnifying glass one wrong. I knew it was between the one I picked and the correct answer. I just chose poorly on that one. ARGH.

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I got 9 out of 12 right, but would've had 11 right if I hadn't second-guessed myself. And science is definitely not my forte so I have to thank my reading skills for knowing these answers.

10. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Sometimes people think they suck in something just because it may not come as easily as other subjects. You may have to work harder to understand it, but it doesn't mean you suck at it. Your correct answers speak to that.

11. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't remember being very good in any subject but now that I'm older I find science very interesting because I like learning how things work and really thinking things through I did a lot better than I thought I would

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Yea, I've always been a super nerd that liked science lol. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Long division...gives me a migraine just thinking about it lol. If I sit there long enough, I'll get the answer right but it just doesn't come as easy to me as it may to others. The important thing though is that we never stop learning. As much as I despise certain aspects of math, I still do them because I'm stubborn as hell and I refuse to succumb to the belief that I suck in anything lol.

13. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

True. But, as I said, lack of access to a proper education, but more so...a personal means to give greater emphasis on the sciences as a means to build mental wealth is lacking. I scored 9 out of 12 myself, but I could have gotten two more in if I didn't lapse on the questions.

14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

You answered 11 of 12 questions correctly.

You scored better than 82% of the public, below 6% and the same as 12%.

15. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

I agree with this to a point. I know in Louisiana there is massive inequality in academic outcomes because the politicians starve funding for public education. Make black children go to shitty public schools while whites attend private ones. A problem that isn't unique to your state of course.

The other problem is black parents not pushing their kids to be better in math or science.

16. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

9 out of 12 because I didn't follow my gut on one or I would have had 10 out of 12. I guess dropping out after 9th grade didn't hurt me too bad if I'm answering them as well as most other people.

17. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

8 out of 12

I am definitely better at linguistic classes than at scientific ones =)

Was not asked about my ethnic background. Only about my age range,gender and highest education level,which is HS for me.