Russian MP: "Ban sex w/ foreigners during World Cup": Fears IR babies

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Philko gets constant threats from Russian dudes telling him to leave the country in his video comments.

He also claims that he's been sent threats directly too, and he's repeatedly stressed to his black male audience that he's in a unique situation and that they should not travel to Russia alone or in a small group like it's a regular tourist spot.

Also, Putin is responding like this because he has to for PR purposes. They don't want any embarrassing incidents during the world cup, and there has been a concerted effort to clamp down on racist attitudes in the country during the world cup. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

I don't think you read my post properly or you would not have written this ^

1) I don't think even in America politicians would go on public record in this day and age making comments like those. So I think you're wrong. Russian politicians are far more backwarrd (I never said racist) in their thinking than politicians in Middle America.
    2) I am NOT tarnishing a whole country. If you read again you'll see I said "dinosaurs like that horrid woman are just as much of a joke to Russian people as they are to us" how is that tarnishing the whole country?
    3) As in 1) I'm fairly confident that no UK or Italian politicians have made comments about the 2018 world cup like the ones in the OP.
    Instead of asking me to research comments allegedly made, if you know about such comments, why not provide the evidence yourself to substantiate your claims?

I am fine to be corrected or proved wrong on things, but at least make a vague attempt at doing it legitimately. Don't just mnis-read, mis-quote or twist my words for your own ends!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  3. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

"they are as backward as they ever were"
    That is saying that all the country is backward.
    Which country makes the most headlines when it comes to racism ? And treatment of minorities.
    Better to be backward than to be in the wild west of America.
    School shootings, drugs, urban poverty...…. Shall I continue?
    And you judge a country by the comments of a single politician.

4. sarah23

Like most politicians.

5. sarah23

Maybe she was talking about men getting Russian women pregnant and then going home?

Like Americans in Vietnam etc

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

She left out white men though. lol. But probably on purpose since she did mention race.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I think the misunderstanding you have with Redlolly was in the:
    "Just goes to show, despite the friendly progressive public face of "modern Russia", scratch the surface and they are as backward as they ever were"
    in that she was specifically referring to politicians. Not the whole country and its people.

In that regard, you are also right, Sarah, our American politicians have no room to ever get a pass based on the nonsense many of them say.
    However, in this highlighted case, this crazy bat was not referring to any ol' hit-&-run men, since surely Russian men ( and Anglo-Saxon men) do the same, - she clearly didn't want IR babies running around, even though they'd be THE MOST beautiful gorgeous kids ever!!

8. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I was selected as a student ambasssador during glasnost after the fall of the Berlin Wall when I was 15. I received great love and affections from the Russian people and had the time of my life . . . even met some African students from Benin in Moscow who were living with a bunch of Russian women lol and we watched to World Cup together strangely enough back in July 1990.

9. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I’m glad to hear that!
    And btw Germany won that WC in 1990;):D

10. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

White men don’t get pregnant. So they will not produce any latte macchiato coloured offspring to remind of theWorld Cup forever. So they get to taste the menu.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Racist or just culturally insensitive?(maybe ignorant even?)

Since 2015 l've lived in a 90% Russian community having moved from the inner city to the outskirts.

Forgetting the fact that they can't drive for shit, they're often quite rude, cold, they look down on you if you're not Russian - end of story for them. I don't feel welcome at all. A friend who is German by heritage - he actually hates them because he felt like they took over his neighborhood and made him feel like a foreigner in it. He moved away.

I don't hate them, l'm just very aware of them and their ways here.

Interestingly, one of the Russian-owned supermarkets I shop at (which l LOVE!), opened another store in a more diverse area...and one of the promises they made because of complaints, was the staff will also speak and understand English, and they will smile more. LOL.

I'm also cautious interacting with middle-aged Russian men who were not raised here and immigrated. They're very abrupt. Pushy, gruff.
    I feel like if you were to ever get into a disagreement with them they would slap you - they have very little if any respect for women in general. (Of course, not all, one man who fixes my car is a total sweetheart, but he still kind of scares me, l'm afraid to complain if he doesn't do a proper job, lol :oops:)

Now, the younger guys are very nice, the younger Russian women are very nice, but the middle-aged russian-only speaking women from the villiages, some think they can act any way towards you. But I don't take their shit. I assert my place because this is not little Russia, it's America.

12. sarah23

Probably the worst countries in the words for speaking a language other than English, is the U.S.A.
    Whereas East Europeans and indeed Russians seem to be able to master foreign languages very easily.

13. sarah23

The Soviet Government always had a lot of overseas students, including many from African countries like Angola and Ethiopia. The same in the East European countries under Soviet control.
    But I guess all that doesn't fit in with the discussion.

14. sarah23

One crazy politician does not represent a country.
    As President Putin replied, Russian women will make their own decisions.
    I agree with him.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Master them? Lol. Not quite.

Yes, sure, they can speak some English in their thick accents - and that's "some" can.
    Others don't speak English in Western countries at all. It's not uncommon. I'm talking the middle-aged folk.

You are right about most Americans. Unless they have ties to other non-English speaking countries, they don't speak anything other than English.
    All my cousins in Greece speak English.

My mother speaks Italian, Arabic, German English and Greek. Fluently.
    I only speak Greek and English.
    I tried french and Spanish. Too hard for me, lol.

What languages do you speak, Sarah?

16. sarah23

Europeans are expected to be able to at least converse in another language.
    English speaking people expect everyone else to speak their language, no matter which country they find themselves
    French & English
    A little Spanish and Italian..

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Because English, and l believe French and Spanish, are considered Universal languages.
    (Or maybe french is only considered the romantic language. Had a discussion with a french man on FB about this and l forget which one he told me the French language is, ie: universal or just romantic)

18. sarah23

French, Italian and Spanish are part of the same family of Romance languages.
    French is a popular language, but mainly in countries that don't really count, like West African countries.
    I mean countries without any world influence.
    World languages: English & Spanish and then Arabic.

19. sarah23

Hopefully, after the World Cup in Russia, some men will be speaking at least a few words in Russian,

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ok...thought so.
    Didn't know about Arabic being one on them. (Ech, l don't like it, sorry).

When l was 14, my gorgeous 17 yr old 1st cousin came from Greece to visit and she spoke english in her 'accent' and also spoke fluent french and l was in awe. I just wanted to be her.

I absolutely LOVE the english inflections European's pronounce when they speak English as a second language. (But not by germans...the accents on english words are too sharp for my liking)