Ronda Rousey gets knocked the **** out

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Frederick, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

by former boxing champ Holly Holm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Frederick

BTW LMAO at all of the ignorant, delusional motherfuckers talking about how she'd beat up Mayweather and other world class male fighters.

She got totally embarrassed by the first legitimately skilled female fighter that she'd ever fought.

I got nothing against Rousey personally, but this Rouseymania that's being going on in the mainstream media recently has long since passed the point of absurdity.

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[youtube]2PS-lmNw0Yk[/youtube]

Rousey looked as though she got hit by a speeding train. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  5. Frederick

6. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Wow pretty crazy.

7. Frederick

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I like Rousey, but that knockout was hilarious. She was completely worn out. Holly Holm made her look straight foolish in the octagon.

So uhh......I'm guessing Holly is taking Ronda's place in the next Expendables and Fast and Furious 8?

9. LA

LA Well-Known Member

One hell of a fight! I like the way Holly used traditional boxing to her advantage and finished off Rousey with a swift kick.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is a good thing for female MMA. Now that there is legitimate competition, the sport will get taken more seriously.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

exactly.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I didn't even know she had a fight last night because of football. I probably wouldn't have watched anyway but damn, I didn't think the knockout was quite that vicious!

Over the past few months her mouth has been writing some checks that her fists can't cash. It also helps put to rest the question of whether she could ever beat a boxer (answer: NO).

14. Frederick

Actually, this is terrible for WMMA. This was Dana White's take on women fighting in the UFC before Rousey showed up on the scene:

[YOUTUBE]I4X6cUOQv6w[/YOUTUBE]

The only reason that there are women in the UFC now is down to Rousey, and she's the only female fighter who generates any level of interest that affects the UFC's bottom line. If she gets embarrassed in a rematch and leaves the sport, there's a good chance that the UFC will scrap the two female weight classes in the near future.

15. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

You know cris cyborg is still out there right?
    I mean the headliner was never going to be holly.
    We were all waiting cris vs rhonda with cris taking the belt. This was just an unexpected surprise.

It is going to suck for holly... because now you got two people gunning at you and one of them could possibly beat Mayweather in a fight with as much steroids as she took.

:p

We have three ladies now. if one drops you still got two more..... not to mention any new stars.

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

This has to be promising to all the women around the world in one sense. Women were given the same support that you usually give men such as lesnar vs cain. It does show that if women put enough work to it, they can get the same fame. Hopefully, their salaries were the same because they carried that card.

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Anyone got link to this ?

18. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

There are a slew of young women who were about 9-15 years of age when Ronda (and Gina Carano for that matter) started getting attention. Those ladies will be turning 18-24 soon, and will have been training all around MMA. It will be interesting to see the full effect.

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

No doubt Ronda will return with a vengence.

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

:smt042 :smt042 :smt042 :smt042 :smt042