Butler (RIP) and his wife...

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by JUANMACKER, Jan 31, 2018.

1. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

0131-rasual-butler-wife-getty-swipe-3.jpg
    Died in a car accident in studio city , california...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Butler who? Who Butler? You're not even gonna mention the full name of this former NBA player?

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Rasual Butler

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Oh My Goodness. I followed both of their careers for awhile, didn't know they were married. I remember that time she was on American Idol then afterwards I think she signed with Jermaine Dupri. Wow. Heartbreaking.

https://twitter.com/CBSLA/status/958768725712351232

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

He would be sorely missed.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Correction:Both would be missed.

7. ColiBreh1

I know who Rasual Butler is. But who is this Leah chick that was his wife? I'm guessing she's famous or semi-famous because I saw singers JoJo & Jessie J do RIP posts for her on my Instagram feed.

8. darkcurry

She was a contestant on American Idol a long time ago, the judges put her through to the top 10. She was eliminated early but was still able to get signed by JD and Pharrell. That was the last I followed her. She sings R&B and her tune kind of reminded me of a young Teena Marie imo.

This was one of her hits with JD back in 2012

9. ColiBreh1

I just looked up her Wikipedia page. Being a white female R&B singer might work in the U.K., but I don't see it working in the U.S.

10. Good point!

11. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

She was Canadian. I'm sure that she'd have gotten a lot of play up there.

Anyway RIP.

12. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

13. ColiBreh1

More proof that being a white female R&B singer in the U.S. doesn't work nowadays:

Ella Mai's "Boo'd Up" is 1 hottest songs in the country right now:

Last week, TheFader.com put out this article about the Singer-Songwriter who wrote the song:

https://twitter.com/thefader/status/999306774879580162
    [​IMG]
    http://www.thefader.com/2018/05/23/bood-up-joelle-james-lyrics-song

EDIT:

[​IMG] On the other hand, there are few popular young indie white Latina R&B singers like Alina Baraz & Sabrina Claudio who have followings. So maybe it can work if you're Latina.

14. darkcurry

The last was Teena Marie. Now days as long as these type of black women and gay black men are in control of Black Media, Entertainment and pretty much Black America that ain't going to fly. They'll just say she is culture appropriating.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Toxicology Report:

Last January, former Los AngelesClippers player Rasual Butler and his wife, singer Leah LaBelle, were killed in a fatal car accident. Now the toxicology tests have come back - and the results are startling.

An autopsy from the Los Angeles County' coroner's office reveals that the 38-year-old had NBA star had weed, alcohol, painkillers and methamphetamine ("meth") in his system when he was killed in the January 31 accident.

According to KTLA.A toxicology test also revealed that he had a blood alcohol level of .118.

16. darkcurry