Ride Malfunctions at the Ohio State Fair (1 Dead & 7 Injured)

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

I know what I won't be watching. How sad, I can't even imagine. In 2017 with the technology available to us you have to wonder why we can't prevent this?

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

True, I was just waiting on someone else to say it. :cool:

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You ever go Playland as a kid?

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Rye Playland? Yes sir. I went as an adult too when I stilled lived there.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah went recently brought back so many memories. They do fireworks every night now

6. Soscean

Soscean Member

There are no way for us to know how safe the rides are, and the parks will not tell us. They are not transparent about their potential ride problems. 1,000+ injuries, with at least 1 death every year. Federal investigation? Forget about it, they’re immune. Cases always end in confidential settlements, to keep the dirty details unknown. Some states don’t have ride regulations, the ones that do are questionable.

“There’s no way of knowing what’s really going on in the amusement park industry,” “Unless there’s a death or a catastrophic injury, you never hear about it. ... The amusement park industry is going out of their way to prevent you from learning how dangerous it is.”
    -- Jeffrey Reiff (a Philadelphia attorney who handles dozens of lawsuits every year over amusement park accidents)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was always a cool place to hangout. When I was in high school... We'd actually ride up there on an express bus from Fordham Rd in the Bronx. Later when I had a car... I've taken at least two girls there on dates. Definitely good memories. I remember this one time when I managed to get this girl I had liked since college... we both called in sick at our jobs and spent the day at Rye Playland.

Thanks for mentioning... I'll make a point of checking it out again one day.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Would you?
    It's in Colorado over a Canyon Cliff..