RG III & his second wife, Grete

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by darkcurry, May 14, 2017.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

You forgot his possible alimony/child support that will go on for years, costs that were taken off the top for agents, managers, trainers, other costs, etc.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely! The problem is that someone gets their big payday (or paydays), and then start spending millions just because they have the money. Insanely large mansions, exotic cars and so on. How long does someone stay a millionaire if they're spending the money faster than it's coming in?

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No I'm aware he can easily file for bankruptcy to maintain his assets if he's not earning anymore

4. K

K Well-Known Member

That doesn't get him out of alimony, child support and/or any student loans. I'm sure you are aware of that as well.

5. The Dark King

If he incorporates his assets he sure can there's a difference between chapter 11 and chapter 7. If his on paper assets are below a certain amount they can only work based on that not on that of an incorporated proprietorship. I don't know much about this particular avenue since I deal with more trading than asset protection but I do remember that was one of the reasons a lot of doctors and other business owners incorporated to protect assets from creditors and lawsuits

6. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

7. The Dark King

She's asking for half a million a year? That's some bitter hate shit right there. Better settle for half the assets and leave it there. The greed some people have is down right disgusting. Kudos to men who can stomach women after their divorce. It's a wonder a lot of men don't just give up parental rights. I know most men love their kids but the better act of love is to cut off all ties so you won't leave your child an orphan for potentially losing your shit

8. K

K Well-Known Member

I don't know about other states, but here they don't have the option of "just giving up their parental rights". If it's their child, they will pay support until the child is grown, period. Actually, the mother doesn't even have the right to waive child support either. So the whole idea of better to settle for half and leave it there won't fly.

Oh and a BK won't get him out of that either.

9. The Dark King

You can use bankruptcy to reduce and reorganize payments.
    If I were to go through this kind of thing invest all money into an LLC and pay myself 10k a year.
    I just see numbers like this and lose my mind because working your ass off for years to only have most of it stripped away because some greedy heartless monster feels entitled to it is maddening. It would make me want to cut ties from my child too. Blame your greedy soulless mother for that. Move in with me when you're ready but that cancer of a woman can kick rocks

10. K

K Well-Known Member

That's great in theory but doesn't mean it will fly. If they can track that they shifted money/income it doesn't matter, the arrears will stack up. And again, it doesn't matter even if the mother says no or wants it reduced. I went through a big thing with child support when I wanted it reduced at one point. Basically parents are told (the mother as well) that it isn't up to them, the judges will intervene and change the support to reflect what it should be based on income history. They basically say that you are abusing/neglecting your child if you waive or reduce support even temporarily because the child deserves it. That may be because there were those who dodged it, hid income, etc. Whatever the case, it's not as simple as one may think. He (and others) may be able to split their assets and then go to "retired/no income" or a very limited amount and then have a reduced amount of support. But there really isn't a way to dance it. And for those who have multiple kids with different moms and/or marriages, it's much worse. This is why it's so important to be smart about who you choose to have kids with.

11. The Dark King

Or just don't have them. This is where I agree with mgtow

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Even better.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What are you going to do with 10k a year in New York? Buy a bunk bed and sublease from someone on section 8?

14. K

K Well-Known Member

It wouldn't even be 10K cause up to 50%-60% goes to support

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol damn!

16. K

K Well-Known Member

Yah kinda makes you want to think twice about where that sperms going eh??

17. The Dark King

Lmao funniest shut you ever said

18. The Dark King

It's 17% in NY

19. K

K Well-Known Member

Doubtful if you really factor everything in. When I say that, it is UP to that amount. Depends on number of kids etc. Also if there is any arrears. Not to mention medical, day care/private school, etc.

20. The Dark King

Why does anyone choose that hell