Remember when....

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bliss, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

When I saw Sophia Vegara,she is the spiritual granddaughter of Charo from her accent to her curves.

2. Soulthinker

I love those Wacky Packs. They are hilarious sticker of parodies of products like for example Virginia Slums after Virginia Slims etc.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Or Fright Guard for Right Guard. They were a trip. There was even a card set that was dedicated to sci-fi and horror films. They had a lot of humorous quips on them.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Remember the old Peter Pan/Power Records? They had the recorded dramatizations based on the adventures Bat man, Superman, The Six Million Dollar Man, Kojack, Man-Thing,Star Trek and Planet Of The Apes(the movies and the tv show).Sometimes they had books to follow along with a 45 rpm, or were in a collection of about two stories on each side of a 12 inch record. I remember the vocal performances, narration, sound effects, and stirring musical scores. They were one of the tools that inspired me to become a writer.

5. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I remember being amazed by my Brothers Birthday present one year our very own Hovercraft me and him were pretty impressed.

He had the Black one of this exact same model and I remember it not being cheap and Mum grumbling about the cost lol

[​IMG]

I wish kids were impressed as easily these days :(

6. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I also remember when games consoles contained "Bits" to make them absolutely cutting edge our 16 bit Sega Mega drive in it's Special edition case was the envy of our friends when Nan and Grandad got it for us in 93

The pic is the same as what we had, but we would never have had the crappy golf game "thumbs down" [​IMG]

7. hulkx

hulkx Active Member

This along with the tyco confirms you had some cool toys growing up :)

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Totally. In fact, my original name when l joined was kunoichi, which is female ninja/trusty assistant (to her ninja)

I have ninja weaponary, clothing from my (ninpo) training, videos, books, etc. I drank the life.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember that show. I remember Lynda Carter's participation in the tug of war which was against NBC. She wasn't wearing any panties under the shorts she wore and I her pubic hair. I was 10 at the time. If they had a show like that now, it would be as long as the Olympic games because of the many channels now.

11. Soulthinker

I saw Battle of the Network Stars and I missed that. Robert Conrad was a sore loser.

12. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember when he was sort of taunted during Simon Says game, when someone put the NBC logo cube on his shoulder. Everybody including Conrad caught on to the joke. Mr. T on a later show refused to budge. Heather Locklear walked up to him started sweet talking. She said some things that were bleeped out. Mr. T looked at Heather, winked and walked out of the game with her.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had an Edu-Sketch growing up. I got frustrated when I couldn't write my name. It came from a company called Ohio Art. The Viewfinder was from GAF. I never had one, but I always wanted one.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wow. Thanks for the flashback, especially @ viewfinder. :) Kids version of viewing still 'movies' or photography, or 3D images.

*that long click sound of the switch as you turned the wheel*

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The Viewfinder had many still photo discs of many theme like animation, sports, travel, movies and television. It was the YouTube of its day.

17. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I had 2 of these bad boys one was a baby with the bald head, his adoptive name was Rudolph Bryant can't remember the other one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

When the Cabbage Patch dolls came out it was crazy. I remember reading in Jet magazine about a successful black man who went to London, England to purchase two of the dolls. He bought a black one and a white one for his daughter.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

The musical group....men at work...

20. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Any questions?