Ratings, Reputation, and Jail

Discussion in 'General Site Information - Guidelines' started by webmaster, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Excuse the question..but I havent been on for a whole while. Have people been jailed yet so far?

2. KnCA

KnCA New Member

I think the rep thing is ridiculous. Reporting posts/threads that are of issue is one thing. But people are giving rep for all sorts of ridiculous reasons. I mean come on I've gotten negative rep because someone didn't like my photo?

I just don't get the point of the whole thing. At least have it show who gave the rep.

3. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

i wondered what that number was about...i just checked my user cp and i have 2 positive and 1 negative...i haven't given out any negative or positive...so what did we all start with? if we started @ 0 then +2 -1 would = 1 and i have 2...so i must have started with 1 for being here 1 year...even when i am having heated relations good or bad with another poster i don't think having a temper tantrum and giving negative is the way to go because they may just ding you back :smt115 the posters that pal around could just amp up each others rep...

i thought this was supposed to be FUN:confused:

4. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

I have gotten negative before, cant recall for what now. But I find it funny. The things where I really should get some, when I am being really pissy, no one seems to give it. LOL

For me, it is all funny. Even the negative stuff. :smt112

But I do think I will start adding my name to the end of my explaination. A couple of people have done that for me and I think it is nice.

5. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

I like rep. I give it freely. I got one negative rep. No biggie

6. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

No one yet.

7. Jo Black

Jo Black New Member

Webmaster did you get my message ?:cool:

8. webmaster

Yes I just got it, and responded.

9. webmaster

It's done.

10. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

So, I noticed today that our lovely Athena has two green rep boxes and I just wanted to ask why this is and will we all eventually get them once we have enough rep points? I don't remember anything being said about this, so I was curious. :)

11. webmaster

What are those green, red, and blue boxes?

When you start off in the forums, you start with 10 points and a dark green box. Once you reach 100 points, you will gain another dark green box. Once you reach 200 points, you will obtain a third box and so forth up to 400 points. Once you reach 500 points, you gain a light green box. Every 100 points after that, you will gain another light green box until 1000.

If someone gives you negative reputation your reputation will drop. If you reach a reputation of -1 point, then you will get a red box in replacement of your green box. This box basically shows that people might not like your opinions, how you post, etc.

Blue boxes are + or - reputation attempts that failed. They failed because the member handing out reputation has no more reputation points in the "bank" to give out, so handing out further reputation results in no increase or decrease in rep, hence the blue box. This can also happen when a person does not meet the requirements to hand out rep--that is to say, if a member does not meet or exceed a certain level of reputation or number of posts, s/he is unable to affect someone else's reputation level.

Box Values

[​IMG] - 100 points
    [​IMG] - 500 points
    [​IMG] - -1 or less points
    [​IMG] - 0 points

12. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sorry, I interpreted that wrong the first few times I read it. Thanks Webbiejon! :oops:

So what happens after we get 1000?

Saty has two green boxes too. :smt086 I am jealous.

I guess it's time for me to break out some boob pics so I can get some more rep!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  13. webmaster

Combined with other criteria you'd probably have more privileges.

:smt023

14. Be-you-tiful86

For a while I wasn't too active here.Has anyone of the active members ever been jailed,warned or banned?

15. webmaster

Yes

16. Be-you-tiful86

Argh I missed something :smt089 Lol

17. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

LOL. It was Malikom.

18. Be-you-tiful86

Oh what did he do/say? Is everything back okay now?

19. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

He was just being malikom. LOL.

It's all good now! :smt023

20. Be-you-tiful86

Hehe cool. :cool: