Random Sports Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by goodlove, Nov 15, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

That running back is a beast.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

4. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Leonard Fournette is a locomotive.

5. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
    Beans don't burn on the grill.
    Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill ..

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I don't know what it is, but sports(although I only followed basketball heavily growing up) don't interest me anymore. The NBA doesn't entertain me like it used to. Gonna try to get back into it this season. Not sure if it's seeing these dumbass players do dumb shit on social media or dress up in these frog suits thinking they're fashion icons that turn me away from the sport. Still standing by the Lakers and Blazers though.

7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

It's exhausting to keep up with sports. That's why every year I say, after football, I'm going to pay attention to basketball because it'll entertain me until almost the preseason.

But, every year, I don't do that.

I think a lot of it for me is that they play so many games per week.

And even now with a game every single Thursday night, football is becoming draining.

We're just constantly bombarded with sports, and sports "storylines", and sports stars doing bad things.

It's exhausting, which is why I pretty much only pay attention to football.

Though, this year, I have been paying close attention to the Cubbies. :)

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know how people keep up with more than two sports. My friend follows basketball, baseball and football and could kill in a trivia game like it was nothing.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

10. z

z Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  11. Bookworm616

Go CUBBIES!!!

I'm so freaking excited!

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]Ko58baUVstE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RTm1YRks1SU[/YOUTUBE]

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

How long will eagles coach last

13. Bookworm616

Longer than the Dolphins coach did.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

15. z

z Well-Known Member

Vick vs Chargers tonight

16. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

This will be interesting :smt069

17. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Even though I no horse in the race in the MLB playoffs this year (SF Giants fan here) I must say that Cubs fans need to temper their excitement just a bit, I heard today that WS tickets behind home plate are going for 50K. For a team that have not won in 107 years and the disaster of 2003 you would have learned not to look too far ahead I mean you still gotta win 4 more to get to the WS.

18. Bookworm616

There is a HUGE difference between the 2003 team & manager and the 2015 team & manager. The energy surrounding this team is so different than the 2003 team.

This group of kids is AMAZING. They're playing amazing baseball, they aren't showing nerves, and they're truly enjoying the ride.

This team is likely going to the World Series and is likely to win.

Being a lifelong Cubs fan, born into a family of lifelong Cubs fans - it's been great to watch this team mature and and play and defy ALL expectations.

Even if they don't make it to the World Series this year, this team is well on their way to being a contender for many years to come.

Cubs fans have literally been waiting their entire lives for this moment.

We're going to soak in every bit of it and enjoy the ride this team is taking us on. It's been a LONG time in coming.

:smt023

19. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Not saying that cubs fans should not be enjoying the ride, quite the opposite actually, the Royals were on the same magic carpet ride last year went all the way to game 7 of the WS and it took perhaps the greatest post season pitching performance ever to beat them. All I am saying is the baseball gods can be cruel just when you think you have everything going your way it can be snatched away. Don't discount the your next opponent they are playing for the same prize and want it just as bad.

20. Bookworm616

Well, the Cubs got swept in the NLCS. Not what any fan expected.

I was hopeful but pretty sure they weren't going to make it to the World Series this year, but I didn't think they'd go down 0-4. :smt091 I thought it was more likely to be 4-2.

But, I digress. As a long suffering Cubs fan, I again have to utter our famous mantra...wait until next year. But, this time...this time...it's a more hopeful mantra because the team is poised to do great things in the near future.

We had a great season and a mostly exciting postseason run. They exceeded expectations which could only mean they'll continue on that trend.

[​IMG]

It's only just begun for this young team. And us Cubs fans are truly excited about the future....for once. LOL.

:smt023