Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Of course they do. Nothing and I mean nothing moves without the will to do so. You think a minimum wage was popular with those in charge or a 40 hour work week or children going to school instead of working? These were all pie in the sky ideas until they came into fruition. They all started out with temper tantrums and opposition. We wouldn't be free with the right to vote if we yielded to popular consensus. Don't worry boo you get this lesson for free.

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

So what???

A fraction from the military budget would be all that is needed.
    You just love those corporate owned Democrats too damn much.

They've laughing at you while playing golf and yachting, with the same Republicans they pretend to hate.

And ya'll keep sucking that Koolaid straight from their asses.

The Democrats are running game on ya'll that wouldn't fool a 6 week old monkey.:D
    It's frightening how easily the most corrupt politicians can toss normally intelligent people,right into the trick bag.

The Democrats and Republicans:
    One is an Alligator...The other a Crocodile.

One will bite you and death-roll to the left
    The other will bite you and death-roll to the right.

Either way....you're left mangled.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

By now I would think people would be off that trip that Dems and Republicans are different sides of the same coin.

I guess people aren't paying close attention to what's happening in Washington.

Dems have issues with corporate money and yielding to their corporate donors, but it's nowhere near as bad as the GOP.
    The Dems aren't trying to dismantle Social Security...EVER.

4. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

^^^^^

Words from the bottom of the trick bag.

Explain why Democrat pres Obama continued with Bush era tax cuts for the wealthy....not to mention suspension of Habeus Corpus...again,started under Bush.

............and drone attacks on civilians ......spying on American citizens....ect ect ect.

Democrats have tried to dismantle social security....just like Republicans tried to pass NAFTA.....it only took a stooge from the opposite party to ram that treason through.

https://theintercept.com/2016/06/02...social-security-then-bernie-sanders-happened/

Those Democrats and Republicans are tag-teaming your ass:D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Murka getting taken apart piece by piece yet these fools are still on that "both parties are the same" trip

Love how Russian bots "progressives" would rather attack Dems than Trump or the GOP, with "allies" like these we don't need enemies lol

6. RicardoCooper

Difference is, those guys got real political power, a sympathetic center-left POTUS (FDR), a Dem majority government and strong labor unions to back up their rhetoric as well as a particular moment in American history (the failed presidency of Herbert Hoover, the Great Depression, WWII) to make those "pie in the sky ideas" reality. It wasn't rallies and FB likes, people died for those advances (i.e. striking labor literally getting shot down dead by management goons)

I also charge for history lessons and context, I'll put it on your tab :D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The Republicans wanted to turn Social Security into investment accounts. So if the Stock Market dropped you could lose your entire Social Security benefits. Not really what Obama was proposing.

Besides, Obama pushing for cuts in SS and Medicare was a ploy to get the GOP to agree to greater deficit cuts and eliminating tax loopholes for the rich.
    I agree social security never should have been a part of negotiations, just saying tell the whole story.

8. RicardoCooper

America has largely rejected the Berniecrat agenda. Only Berners haven't gotten the memo

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. The Dark King

What history are you referring to? American history?
    And you are really showing your age if you think all of this based on empty rallies and facebook likes. Like it or not social media moves movements. It gets people to organize and vote.
    FDR did not have a majority when he passed the new deal. He had to basically cram it down everyone's throat.
    How do you think labor unions became strong? It didn't just happen it required pie in the sky thinking and large grass roots movement

10. RicardoCooper

FDR had to be in the White House first to "cram it down everyone's throat."

I notice you gloss over the long list of Berniecrat losses I posted. Keep in mind that's old. There have been more since then. Did the almighty DNC fix all those elections? LOL

And yes, in 2016 Bernie-Bots touted how many FB & Twitter likes Bernie had, and how much he packed stadiums, yet there was a disconnect when the votes came in, 3M worth.

Again, far-leftist (and I question the label since so many "progressives" sound like Republicans and help get them elected) temper tantrums with no political or electoral power behind them equals Trump in the White House and a GOP majority despite a 30% approval rating and dropping. You and Freddie are damn fools if you think HRC would be worse than Trump at this same point had she won. At absolute worst it'd be a 3rd Clinton 42 or Obama term, and I made money during both. Consumer confidence and relative political stability is good for business. You can get ageist all you want, I see that's your fallback when losing an argument

Ask yourself why trust-fund, suburban "leftist" Whitey needs "our revolution" as soon as black people start making middle-class money.

We're done here, my invoice is in the mail, I now take Bitcoin

Good day to you sir

:D

11. The Dark King

Never once said that HRC would do worst I voted for her. And Democrats with Obama in office lost over 1000 seats. Democrats in general don't know how to win or get a message across. I'm not getting ageist there is a clear disconnect. You are falling back on whats worked in the past and completely ignoring the current climate.

12. RicardoCooper

Not complicated at all:

1) I vote for candidates who can actually win to enact agendas I agree with
    2) I recognize that any vote for a non-Democrat is a vote for a Republican
    3) The real #1 MCU flick is Black Panther but I respect the OG, Iron Man
    4) Temper tantrums and crying (not you personally but in general) don't change facts

Simple

:D

13. The Dark King

Voting for Bernie wasn't a vote for Republicans since it was a primary and by that logic no one should have voted for Obama in 08 because on paper there's no way on earth he should have been able to beat HRC. What's likely isn't always apparent I mean shit who actually thought this nightmare scenario was viable 2 years ago.
    And believe it or not temper tantrums as you call them move the damn needle. If people werent outraged if they didn't endlessly "complain" there would be no 40 hour work week there would be no minimum wage children would still be going to work at 8 rather than going to school. Its never this consensus of agreeable people meeting at a table and agreeing on what's fair. Power concedes absolutely nothing. If you don't vocally demand it it will never happen. The powerful are perfectly ok with everyone suffering as long as they get what they want. I could give endless historical examples and I know you won't agree but facts are facts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

SMFH. California just passed a law where spreading HIV is no longer a Felony: http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...ades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"Oh geeze, stop, we're not trying to take your guns/repel the 2nd Amendment!..."

[​IMG]

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Even though half of these articles are years old opinion pieces I'll bite:

Jesus Christ! The 2nd amendment isn't a book of the Bible. Why do conservatives act like it's a divine text handed down by God himself? If a law isn't working anymore or is too rigid to evolve with the times, the law can and should be repealed and replaced with a better law.

You know there was once another outdated law in America that got repealed because society ran out of tolerance for it, and as a free black man I'm grateful for it. If America can abolish slavery (which was a pillar of the southern economy) it can abolish the 2nd amendment and replace it with sensible gun laws.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

If this weren't fact, l'd have put it in the conspiracy thread, but it's been revealed today that David Hogg was not at the school during the shooting.
    He was at home.

He was speaking days after in an interview that is now going viral, explaining that "..On the day of the shooting, he grabbed his camera, and got on his bike and rode the 3 miles to the school from his house, to interview a bunch of the student witnesses.

Then we have the 'famous' video recording of him saying he is "there, hiding with classmates during the shooting." WTF?
    You can't make this stuff up, even though Hogg apparently has. :oops:

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So if the 2nd Amendment isnt "Bible" as you want to call it, neither is the 1st.
    Or 4th.
    Or any of the others.
    Abolish those too.

And the ABOLISHMENT of Slavery BECAME the 13th Amendment.
    Slavery was NEVER an actual Amendment, was it?

And what is "sensible gun laws". There's already a plethora.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

All oversimplifications aside, no law should be immune from change if our society has evolved to the point where the law does more harm than good.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You already know that the removal of that Right has bore extreme harm upon the masses.
    You brought up slavery earlier..they (Southern Democrats) didn't want freed slaves to have guns.
    How could you, "as a black man" as you put it so elequently earlier, demand that the ONLY PEOPLE allowed to be legally armed be the Police and Government? It's oxymoronic in it's nature.