Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well, maybe that's why they closed 63 Sams Clubs..maybe Costco is out-performing them.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"Destroy the earth...evil.."

Do you wear fur, do you eat meat? Drink milk? Use electronics?
    You then are complicit in destroying the earth via factory-farming and slaughterhouses, and help exploit people for cheap electronics. (You wanting to drive a Tesla is virtue-signaling at best. Lol)

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well I feel that if you stopped making a profit for your company, you would understand why they would get rid of you. By the same token I think your clients would also do the same to you if you stopped performing for their portfolio of Bitcoin and stocks, etc.
    Would you not do the same if you ran a company?

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I'm like the Berners/Stein-Bots now; should've picked a better candidate

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well that's the thing its not about making a profit its about how much profit. They reduce labor in order to get the most profit possible not just a profit period. So its the difference between a 100 dollar return verses150. Ill gladly take 75 dollars profit if it means thousands aren't left without a job. Its rarely ever zero sum. I also wouldn't use my already considerable fortune to lobby and get more money I don't need at the expense of others. Its gross.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I eat locally farmed food. Most of my electronics are used or refurbished because I ain't dumb enough to 1k for a phone that's only 3 mbs better than my current phone. But I get where you're going. I just don't demand people be perfect in all other areas before addressing a particular problem. We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I'm not talking about profit margin. Costco is known to be a great company that compensates and treat their employees well, unlike Walmart. I'm a longtime Costco member, and I'm happy to shop there for the bargains as well as knowing they treat their employees well. That's why they don't have high turnover (which also impacts the bottom line) like Walmart and many other retail outfits.

8. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! It's nothing but greed.

I know of an employer in this area who had two occasions in which they made employee-friendly decisions to get through a fiscal crisis. One year they didn't give cost of living increases to avoid having to layoff some of their staff. Another time they withheld annual increases to senior management so that they could still give increases to staff.

9. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

Oprah also helped bring Dr Oz and Dr Phil to the limelight -- "helped" might not even be the right word, those men wouldn't have their shows if it weren't for her -- and both, in my opinion, are cranks. She also helped prop up Jenny McCarthy's Anti-Vaccine crusade, which as a nurse let me tell you drives me absolutely crazy because real children die without vaccines.

She's sort of a feel-good heart-warming person who insists on feel-good heart-warminess even when it's not appropriate. Works as a television personality, not so great as a purveyor of science (or, potentially, politics).

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

'Amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants is the “civil rights issue of our time,” declared Sen. Dick Durbin, just before he voted January 22 to end the 2018 budget filibuster.

How nice, Dems.

Full quote:

"So many of you cast a vote that was very hard and very difficult because you believed — as I did — that the issue of immigration, the issue of dreamers, is the civil rights issue of our time. You stuck your necks out and said ‘I’m willing to go on record even if it is going to be hard to explain back home,’ but I will never forget that."

Lol @andreboba ...You're right, Trump was wrong about the plight of the Black Americans who are held hostage in neigborhoods they can't get a break from. Everything is just fine.
    The more pressing and real issue is DACA and illegals. Who knew, lol.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

When l saw this the other day, l thought of your comment...

[​IMG]

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Some Democrats are such big dummies..look at them telling Americans "fuck you" in favor of DACA.
    How did they become so lost...

'I'm leaving the Democratic Party today': Democrats are infuriated by their own party's deal with the GOP to reopen the government

Business Insider, Inc.

[​IMG]Nancy Pelosi
    • Many Democrats are furious with members of their party for agreeing to a deal with Republican senators to reopen the government.
    • These Democrats don't think Republicans will fulfill their promise to vote on legislation to codify the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals immigration program, set to expire on March 5.
    • "Democrats are still not willing to go to the mat to allow (illegal) people in my community to live in our country legally," Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez said Monday. :eek:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/demo...-with-the-gop-to-reopen-the-government-2018-1

14. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

So Trump had ordered for Mueller to be fired back in June but McGahn was able to talk him out of it. After he had said Mueller is the best man on the face of the earth for the task.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Name your Source please?

16. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

17. andreboba

The NYT and every MSN outlet is reporting the same thing.
    Mueller and Comey are lifelong Republicans.
    They're only going to bring indictments on charges they can prove before a grand jury.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

19. andreboba

LOL. Are you kidding??
    Neither of us wrote the story. The sources are from inside Trump's WH counsel and prefer to remain anonymous.

How do you read any news piece if you personally require every story to be sourced for you??
    Reporters lose their jobs at publications at Der Spiegel and the NYT for not properly sourcing their stories.

For the record, Sean Hannity basically confirmed the same story last night.

Trump fired Comey, why do you think it's impossible he wanted Mueller fired too??

20. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member