Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Funny how you consider the Congressional Acts and Clinton's decree as pandering and disingenuous, you equally dismiss past Presidents who noted that Jerusalem is the Capital, so not surprised you're outraged just because President Trump merely finished the job, which btw, as lve shown you, was far from a unilateral act. In fact, many scholars l'm reading from applaud Trump's public acknowledgenent and said its about time.

I know you harped on it removes open dialogue, but that dialogue all but dissapeared during the last Administration anyway. Hillary Clinton always took pot-shots at Israel and Obama gifted the Palestinian Authority $221million on Jan 20th, 2017 as a parting shot at Netanyahu.

While you're convinced there will be an intafada and have more or less made the case for it in your own eyes, fact is, 20 years of kicking the can down the road has done nothing towards securing a concrete peace agreement, has it?

Not since Truman have we had a President with more balls and gunption to follow through and officially pay Israel the respect that Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel.
    Honestly, you're more than welcome to align with the 2 billion muslims you claim are angry over a place that belongs to Israel, however now that It's been reiterated by our POTUS, that is that and I'm with Israel on this one.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

'The only way we'll get sexism out of politics is to get more women into politics' - Hillary Rodham Clinton.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'll look up what Jones said about Trump, but the quote about him voting Republican in the Senate wasn't meant to be across the board, just where he felt they represented his conservative Democratic values and the interests of his state.

Doug Jones is an Alabama Democrat, meaning he's a right leaning liberal anywhere else in the country.

It's so unlikely he's going to hold that Senate seat anyway, I don't see much point in trying to blast him.

ANd what's with some posters fighting this constant war against BW??

BW, believe it or not, are just more politically active than BM and vote at a much higher rate than BM.

If BW voted in the same numbers as BM in the Alabama senate race, Roy Moore would have won.

To get things changed in D.C., you first have to WIN elections. Even if the candidate is less than ideal or not a true progressive.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What is a right leaning Liberal? Do you mean a right-leaning moderate?

6. andreboba

Like Bill Clinton, or to a lesser extent BHO.

Doug Jones is a conservative Democrat, so I don't expect too much out of him other than voting with the Dems on some social and economic issues.

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Happy New Year everyone!

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

To be fair @ColiBreh1 didn't actually say "BW." He said "a certain demographic."

:D

10. RicardoCooper

Happy New Year to you!

11. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Oops, I meant to post this in the Random Conversation thread, not Random political comments:oops:.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  12. RicardoCooper

Guess it's all the same. This thread needs it. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The video that this picture is from, was taken around 5 miles (maybe 3 exits or so after mine) from my apartment. That freeway is a block from my place. It was crazy.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but just want to say that the Russia investigation is now clearly substantive if there was any doubt left. If you want an example of that, consider the Benghazi investigations: despite being investigated for nearly three years, they indicted literally no one, censured no one, found no one guilty of anything. By contrast, the special investigation in to Russia is only about six months old, and not only have they indicted multiple people, but three have already pled guilty and agreed to cooperate, including the former head of the NSA and the President's former campaign chief -- i.e., not some small guys down the chain.

To continue to believe that the Russia investigation is all smoke, you essentially have to stretch as far as possible and insist that the FBI is biased and corrupt against Republicans, even though Comey was a Republican who was appointed to his first major government position (Ass. Attorney General) by a Republican President (W. Bush), and Mueller is also a registered Republican. But this is the only defense Trump has left, and he's not willing to admit to anything, so that's the angle he's going with.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. RicardoCooper

Great post. I also post on a political blog and the Trumptards are still calling this a "nothingburger." They're in denial

16. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

To emphasize further, there are a bunch of things laypeople like us can look at to try and determine if a scandal really has any meat on its bones. Here are a few questions to ask:

1) Has anyone been indicted? (i.e. they are being tried in a court of law?) Officials don't typically take cases to court if they think there is nothing there.

2) Has anyone been found guilty? This is the next step. If they are indicted, were they then found guilty in a court of law?

3) How important are these people? It's important to make these distinctions. There are literally thousands of low level party employees all across the country, so one of them doing something stupid is bad but hardly surprising. But party higher ups? These are people with systemic power, and wrongdoing by those people is far more important and influential.

And the Russian investigation measures very high on all of these counts. Yes, people have already been indicted; yes, people have already been found guilty; yes, those people are very high up in the Trump administration. This helps a layperson like me (and presumably most of you) sort the real issues from the made up ones.

17. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Why so few people realize this I have no idea. Then again, you can't reason people out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  18. andreboba

Conservatives and Trump supporters just don't want to entertain the slightest possibility the POTUS is a traitor.
    If I were them, I wouldn't either.

The Russia scandal became real when 17 U.S. intelligence agencies agreed that Russia was behind the hack of the DNC emails and had worked to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.
    That and the fact Donald Trump NEVER criticized Russia or Putin during the campaign.

However, the only way Trump will be held accountable is if the Dems can flip the House and Mueller presents overwhelming evidence showing his complicity to work with the Kremlin.

IMO Jared Kushner and Trump Jr. will have to be indicted and admit they were following direct orders from the POTUS in order for Congress to impeach Trump.

19. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I think this is all part of their BS feeble attempts to discredit Mueller and somehow get the investigation stopped. There must be something that has them attacking and trying to get this quashed from the getgo. One older guy I know said this seems to be Nixon all over again.

Very true! We need folks to seriously turn out and vote this year.

20. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I don't know, I'd say that this has the potential to be much worse than Watergate.