Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You sure? I just watched this clip from this morning's episode of Roland Martin's show on TV One:

Doesn't sound like Donna backed down.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Either way, her book contains major errors. For instance, there's a quote where Brazile said she considered replacing HRC/Kain with Biden/Booker when HRC collapsed during the primaries(?).

Brazile didn't have the authority to do that alone if HRC couldn't finish her campaign because of health reasons.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Cost heavily in terms of soldiers dying indirectly (we disagree on it, l understand), soldiers almost dying and suffering immeasurable pain, disfigurement and brain damage, the cost in time grave effort and money to capture 5 taliban enemies, only to release them back...do you think there is no cost there?

Furthermore, while the Military's priority is to vigorously track down deserters to bring them home to a court martial, we still have POW's whom are still waiting long before Bergdahl.

"Obama didn't know the specifics of his disappearance or capture at the time"? When he made the deal?? That makes no sense, AB.
    Bergdahl's record was evident to the Military before he ever was deployed; he washed out in Coast Guard training. He had a mental break. Yet he was still accepted? That's crazy.

Now look at who was released...these top ranking men absolutely will kill more Americans and likely have since.

Bowe Bergdahl's 5 traded Taliban commanders: Here’s who they are -

And what might they do when released?

The little information we know about them comes from their Guantanamo case files. All of them are described as "high risk, as he may pose a threat to the U.S., its interests and allies."

[​IMG]
    Khirullah Said Wali Khairkhwa
    This 47-year-old was once the Taliban's interior minister, actually helping to create the Taliban movement in 1994. His Guantanamo case file released by WikiLeaks, described him as a “hard-liner in his support of the Taliban philosophy” and “known to have close ties to Osama bin Laden.”

Captured by Pakistani border patrol on Feb. 16 2002.

[​IMG]

Mullah Mohammad Fazl
    Guantanamo case file also describes him as being present at a 2001 prison riot that led to the death of CIA operative Johnny Michael Spann, the first U.S. citizen killed in the Afghan war. "If released, detainee would likely rejoin the Taliban and establish ties with ACM elements participating in hostilities against US and Coalition forces in Afghanistan," his case file reads.

Fazi surrendered to a Northern Alliance commander in November 2001, and was transferred to U.S. custody in December.

[​IMG]
    Mullah Norullah Noori
    His Guantanamo case file says that he "continues to be a significant figure encouraging acts of aggression."

Noori turned himself in to a Northern Alliance commander in November 2001.

[​IMG]

Abdul Haq Wasiq
    his Guantanamo case file, he “utilized his office to support al Qaeda” and was “central to the Taliban’s effort to form alliances with other Islamic fundamentalist groups.”

Wasiq was detained in November 2001.

[​IMG]

Mohammed Nabi Omari

member of a joint al-Qaeda-Taliban cell in eastern Khost province, according to his case file, and “one of the most significant former Taliban leaders detained” at Guantanamo.

Omari was captured in September 2002

Everyone in this whole case walked. That's bullshit.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Those are not "major errors". You cited only one example, and it's still not a "major error". It was her exact thought at the time, which she explained why.
    From her perspective as the Chairperson, l'm sure she knew she would have to consult with others on the Committee if she chose to formally proceed with Clinton's removal based on 'illness'. In particular because Joe Biden('s team) reached out to Brazile to discuss replacing her.

Sheesh AB, 'for some reason every critical thinking neuron in your brain has shut down when it comes to Hillbilly, and for the life of me I have no clue why.'
    (he he)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. ColiBreh1

6. ColiBreh1

@darkcurry The Jimmy Dore Show had Abby Martin on as guest:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  7. andreboba

Jimmy Dore hates MSNBC, probably because he could never get a job there.

I guess Rachel Maddow is just as dangerous to journalism as Joy Reid, another one of his favorite punching bags.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The end for Mugabe: (?)
    Zimbabwe's dictator is detained by military in 'bloodless correction' of power amid claims his hated wife has fled to Namibia as deposed vice-president returns from exile..

• Robert Mugabe, 93, and his family have been detained after Zimbabwe's military staged 'bloodless correction'
      • Tanks and soldiers seen on the streets of the capital Harare and loud explosions were heard in the city centre
      • It came as the military delivered a TV address denying that there had been a coup and that Mugabe was 'safe'
      • Former vice-president Emmerson Mnangagwa, sacked by Robert Mugabe last week, has returned from exile
      • Armoured vehicles are patrolling the streets and Britons and Americans have been advised to stay indoors
      • There are claims that Mugabe's wife has fled to Namibia after being allowed to leave the country last night
      • South African President Jacob Zuma has spoken to Mugabe and says he is 'fine' but 'confined to his home'
      • ****Its a long story if you want the details....

9. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Interesting article describing in part Trump's rise to power, interesting quotes attributed to Ben Franklin, I consider myself quite the historian, but was unaware of these comments from him, it is very interesting that we hear almost the SAME comments in present day from some on the right.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hate-america-comes-back-100032161.html

"Hate in America began even before there was an America. Among Benjamin Franklin’s many written rants against what he called the “Stupid, Swarthy Germans,” was this: “Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.”

The new nation, he wrote, should be a haven for “the … purely white People in the World”, because so many other places were “black or tawny” [Africa], “chiefly tawny” [Asia], or “swarthy” [most of Europe, including Spain, Italy, France, Russia, and — to the puzzlement of historians for centuries, Sweden.) It is only logical to distrust those who look different, he argued, because “I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.”

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Chris Cuomo twice equates "Fake News" to the N-Word
    Oh you unhinged libby. Smh.

From 1-1:30 sec

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  11. z

z Moderator

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

13. z

z Moderator

supposedly acted erratic on Fox yesterday while promoting his book. Yep he is very conservative and was very focal against Bama. Maybe his buddy Trump will get his Fox News card back for him.

14. Madeleine

Madeleine Active Member

Mugabe is gone - yay for Zimbabwe!
    Germany has still not been able to come up with a government 8 weeks post election - shame on us. Looks like we have to stop making fun of Americans for electing Trump and the Brits for voting leave and look at our own foolishness for a moment.

15. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I don't know... I'd say y'all can still ridicule us as it'll take even more to be equal with Americans electing such a miserable, inept person like Trump.

16. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this Tweet that I saw floating around shortly after the election.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  17. andreboba

Say goodby to net neutrality!!!!

Thank you, Berners and Trumpers.

Elections MATTER.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I was hearing about this in news blurbs. But doesn't Congress have the final say over the decision? FCC Chairman, Ajit Pai can try all he wants. Also, Isn't there a Commission vote on Dec 14th?..
    This won't happen...it'd be disastrous.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just let it all crumble, as long as Hilary isn't president, I guess its worth it......lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I think it's better to look into it rather than make lame jokes about how we were saved from an Open-Borders-Pay-to-play Commie Queen.

FCC's Pai: 'Heavy-Handed' Net Neutrality Rules Are Stifling The Internet

[​IMG]

Excerpts From the NPR article...

"President Clinton got it right in 1996 when he established a free market-based approach to this new thing called the Internet, and the Internet economy we have is a result of his light-touch regulatory vision," Pai says. "We saw companies like Facebook and Amazon and Google become global powerhouses precisely because we had light-touch rules that apply to this Internet. And the Internet wasn't broken in 2015 when these heavy-handed regulations were adopted."

Pai's plan would require ISP's to disclose what they're doing, such as allowing some sites to load faster than others. Websites could pay ISPs to give them preferential treatment — a situation Pai argues would have benefits.

A health care startup could pay to prioritize the traffic of its patients who are being monitored remotely: "That could be perk," he says.

The chairman's proposal, called the Restoring Internet Freedom Order, would mark a shift in authority and emphasis. Instead of the FCC regulating how ISPs operate, the FTC would handle enforcement of net neutrality violations.

"Secondly, the FTC has long had authority and had authority prior to 2015 for almost 20 years over this space," he says. "And the result was pretty clear. They took targeted action against the bad apples and they let everyone else thrive in a free market. And I think consumers and companies were better off as a result."

As NPR's Alina Selyukh explained earlier this year, the current rules arose from incidents of ISPs meddling with traffic speeds:

"In 2015, the Democrats of the FCC decided that it was time to go all in, and what they did was essentially reclassified Internet providers, and started treating them as utility-style companies. That means they put it in the strictest-ever regulations, really expanded their oversight over the industry. Republicans at the FCC at the time really opposed this regulatory approach, so-called public utility approach. And one of the dissenting commissioners was Ajit Pai, who is now the new FCC chairman under President Trump."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...et-neutrality-rules-are-stifling-the-internet

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017 at 2:59 AM