Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Bunch of coons for inviting this guy. Simply sickening

2. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"I don't think a lot of people was educated.

And I think that's one of the biggest problems that we have when it becomes vote time.

People are just not educated, on either the individual or what's actually going on in the state of the world right now. Not that particular state, but the state of the world.

... I don't think a lot of people are educated, and they make choices and say things that's uneducated.
    Am I saying that the people of Ohio wasn't educated?
    Am I saying that some of the other states that voted for [Trump] was uneducated?

They could have been, or they could not have been. But that doesn't mean it was the right choice."

- Lebron James, on the people of Ohio.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well that message is dead. It's kneeling for President Trump now. Like subjects. How odd.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

West Point Grad Tweets Support for Colin Kaepernick:
    "Communism Will Win':

BY TRE GOINS-PHILLIPS
    5 HOURS

[​IMG]

... One West Point graduate is making waves with two tweets in support of Colin Kaepernick.

Spenser Rapone, a U.S. Army infantry officer and U.S. Military Academy alumnus, took to Twitter Sunday to voice support for Kaepernick's decision to kneel during the “Star-Spangled Banner.”

Along with that photo, Rapone, who verified his identity ...(and) tweeted the hashtag: “#VeteransForKaepernick.”

One day after the first tweet, Rapone posted a photo of himself — once again in his uniform — wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt.

He tweeted, “In case there was any lingering doubt, hasta la victoria siempre,” which means, “Until victory, always.”

Doesn't he and Colin know that Communism kills?
    100,000,000 murdered and counting..

Colin's pro-Castro t-shirt
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TrumpCare Flatlines

Sep 26

"We are disappointed in certain so-called Republicans," Trump said just before Mitch McConnell pulled Graham-Cassidy.

Gee, what does an unrepentant birther have to do to score a major legislative victory?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Hey, cut the man some slack. It's not like he campaigned extensively on healthcare reform or anything.

And it's not like his party has solid majorities in both houses of Congress.

And the GOP definitely did not spend the past seven years talking about how awful the ACA is while promising that they had would implement a much better plan if they just got control of Congress and the Presidency.

Imagine how embarrassing this all could have been if even any one of those things had happened!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

President Trump tried. He doesn't have the executive privilege to create permanent law.
    So, as it was up to the Dems to pass it for ex-President Obama in 2010, and we see that every Democrat here and in the Land is demanding it is kept as is, because it's really working out great, if the ACA fails as precticted, it's on the Dems. *shrugs*

10. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

That's true, he doesn't. But he does have his party in control of both houses of Congress, and he does have a whole lot of soundbites from the election last year of him promising the best healthcare plan anyone has ever known.

And if the ACA fails, it is directly fault of Republicans since they're the party in power and they control exactly what happens next. They've been undermining the ACA for years and now they can't pass their own law. They are most definitely responsible for the fate of the ACA.

11. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Per the links below, there are plenty of democrats that see the problems with the ACA and have actually proposed solutions, they are not demanding to keep it as is, but to fix what is not working and keep what is. The GOP had 7, SEVEN, years to work on a plan and...nothing. With the ACA, yes no republicans voted for it, but they were included in negotiations and development of the bill, their input was listened to, and even some of their suggestions made it into the ACA. The same cannot be said for this go-round now that the republicans are trying to create their own healthcare bill, no democrat involvement at all, and only a handful of republicans have been involved in the drafting. Trump only "tried" in the sense that he lobbied some members of congress hard to vote yes on the first couple drafts, but as far as I know, did not make any proposals, or suggestions himself, in fact there are those in the GOP who believe he does not even really understand the healthcare industry...http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-important-for-trump-to-understand-healthcare. Unlike President Obama who took the time to deeply understand the issues and was intricately involved in the negotiations

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/12/15955982/democrats-fix-obamacare

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/how-democrats-would-fix-obamacare/530376/

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

President Obama didn't have the executive privilege either. The plan came out of the executive branch and not Pelosi or Reid. They were brought in at a later time. This was the reverse due to Trump's inexperience. It was put on Ryan and then redone by the senate which then failed. They tried it again Calling it Graham Cassidy and that too failed. Trump doesn't understand how to do this. You never hire a newbie for a complicated matter. That's why Ryan and McConnell took over AKA the swamp.

13. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

Just wanted to post these here:

Russia backed ads supporting Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders
    Fake Black Lives Matter accounts set up by Russians

I think these are important to highlight because a lot of liberals have the sense that the Russian interference is basically just a Republican problem. It's not -- the purpose of the Russian interference was not just to get Trump elected (although that too), but to divide all of us, to tear us all apart, and that includes pitting liberals against liberals.

So if you're a liberal who hates Clinton, or a Clinton supporter who thinks Bernie voters ruined it for everybody, be a little wary of your conclusions: there was a hostile foreign power actively working to make us hate each other. That doesn't mean Hillary supporters should suddenly love everything Bernie stands for (or vice versa), but at least consider the possibility that the fires of your anger have been deliberately stoked and manipulated by a hostile foreign power yearning to tear us apart.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They know this country has turned into a bunch of media whores and die hard party loyal zealots that are too lazy to do their own research, find credible resources, or think for themselves.

15. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of this! However, I'd pick one bone: I really don't feel people have gotten lazier, I think the world has gotten more complicated.

Specifically, two things have happened in the last 20 years or so: the rise of hyper partisan cable news, and *especially* the rise of the internet. With the ascendance of internet news, there are now so many different sources you can get your news from that it's frankly exhausting. I think the problem is just that there is so much information now that it's really hard to tell what sites are honest and fair and which sites aren't. Further, it has allowed people to just crawl in to whatever information hole makes them most comfortable, and ignore all the rest.

In a weird way, I'd liken it to the dawn of the printing press, when suddenly everyone in humanity had access to books (books existed before then, but were basically only accessible by a tiny, educated, extremely wealthy class). It took decades -- generations, even -- before a big chunk of the world was actually literate and could really understand how to wield this new tool at their disposal. Similarly, I think it's going to take a long time for humanity to become internet literate, and be capable of honestly distinguishing between truth and fiction, between a respectable information authority and a huckster just trying to trick you. And in the meantime, those hucksters are going to run wild (including Trump).

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Good food for thought with your comparison to the dawn of the printing press.

17. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

so long. Make sure he pays every penny or put him in prison!!!!!!

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Seriously is it normal for this many people to resign from a cabinet in less than a year?

19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1508212337047.jpg
    Jealousy's a bitch.