Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah but.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yup! That's pretty much my way too. Do it in moderation, eat healthier (or close) most of the time, and getting in that exercise regularly

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well it wasnt the Righties...they don't really GAF on what you eat..they say get Govt out of our food.
    It was the Left who had a fit.

November 08, 2012
    "Health group asks Obama to stop eating junk food in public"

I mean, they actually filed a petition against him...o_O

' .The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) made headlines in May when it filed a petition with the White House objecting to Obama's habit of grabbing hamburgers, hot dogs and other unhealthy foods with his staff and visiting dignitaries...'

However, the Food and Bev Corporations actually came to his defense...( no rocket science on why, lol)...

"..Obama has also made a habit of casually stopping in at Washington, D.C., grills, treating staff to lunch at Good Stuff Eatery in 2011 and bringing then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to Ray's Hell Burger in 2010.
    After PCRM ..criticized Obama, a group funded by the restaurant, food and beverage industries came to his defense.
    "Let the president eat his hot dog," said the Center for Consumer Freedom.

I think the Right (unfairly) got on Michelle for the Hypocrisy and her idealism. (l personally supported her attempts 100%, very dissapointed at the attacks,) and yet personally again, l think if Barack wants to eat junk food that's on him, however, l would prefer no person eats the corpses of murdered animals who fought for their life to live and escape us.

(Yes, l snuck my vegan message in :) )

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Right. Right?
    So then..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now before you snicker, hes's 70! :)

Since l got nothing more, l will default to the lovely offspring, Ivanka :)

[​IMG]

5. DudeNY12

I'm doing my best to be no where close to the POTUS' size when I reach 70. I'd bet my mortgage that Barack Obama won't be there either unless he totally falls off the wagon.

I agree that Ivanka looks great.

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

If illegals voting in massive numbers was really a 'thing', conservative in Virginia would have been bitching about it since forever.
    Being an illegal and having a driver's license doesn't mean you automatically decide to VOTE.

Almost half of all eligible voters in Va. don't vote anyway, so why all of a sudden are illegals organizing by the hundreds of thousands, or even millions, to vote when nobody else is???

Most illegals I know are working from sun up to sundown. Elections are held during the weekday. You really think Esteban and Jorge are taking off an hour from their landscaping and furniture movng jobs to vote for a new congressman??
    You think bosses are giving their illegal employees time off to go vote???

Illegals voting potentially in some instances could become a problem, except that getting caught means you just committed a felony and just exposed yourself for deportation.
    Kind of defeats the purpose of being an illegal in America. Now, if it were LEGAL for illegal immigrants to vote, that's a different discussion.

I live in a district that's about a third Hispanic in Virginia. Whenever I go to vote at our local elementary school, I hardly EVER see any Hispanic voters. Just like I never really see any teen and 20something voters.

It's really no different than when I had my license suspended for unpaid tickets. Now, I could have decided to keep on driving, hoping I didn't get pulled over with a suspended ID. But I knew I risked an even bigger fine and having to go to court after being charged with a misdemeanor. I got that shit fixed in 2 days.

Republicans and Democrats know illegals don't vote because both parties have poll watchers to observe if there are any discrepancies or unusual behavior.
    Millions of Hispanics voting throughout Southern Cal and NY, above their normal rate of voting, would have sent up red flags, unless you think it's the GOP's goal to lose elections.

And if Trump theoretically lost Cali and NY because of illegals voting, what happened in Texas and Florida??

Now, people can check all they want to make sure it's not happening, but don't theorize something that's isn't true and has never been proven to be true.

Your POTUS won the election because of the electoral college, not illegals voting. No Republican politician on Capitol Hill is spouting this bullshit that Trump won because millions of illegals in NY and Cali voted.

Kind of strange that a Republican POTUS can't find ONE congressman or Senator to back him on this, because they KNOW it's not true.

Trump is trying to find excuses for why he won despite getting 3 million less votes than HRC.

Trump forgets he was THE most unpopular presidential candidate based on polls heading into a general election...ever.
    Most voters just didn't think he was qualified to be president which is why many voters within his own party refused to vote for him.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm curious why do you guys keep engaging with someone who is a racist at worst or a racist sympathizer at best.
    She supports a guy who has full stop supported white supremacy from jump.
    That is threat to you and your families

8. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Obama is going to be fine. The most stressful time of his life is over and now he gets to enjoy himself for the next few years.

Hell he's in better shape at his age now than I am. I need to get on his level.

9. andreboba

Bliss has been on WWBM long enough to where I don't believe she's racist at all. But she is stubborn and likes to fight and never, ever wants to concede a point on anything.

IMO she has a blind spot on Trump, just like the one I bet she had for Dubya.

At some point there's gonna be a big Come To Jesus moment for Trump supporters when they are going to be forced to admit the man they believe in is a traitor and a fraud.

But I am curious how someone with her background became such a rabid conservative on so many issues, and also why she has such disdain for BHO.

I know people casually who voted for Trump who now openly diss him whenever they get the chance, and many of them will readily admit they made a mistake.

For instance, Obama backed an order to de-militarize local police forces with surplus military equipment, because it made police look and act like an occupying enemy force and not public servants.

Just today, Trump and AG Sessions reversed this order and Sessions even proclaimed he and the president would give local police all the equipment they needed to do their jobs.

If you want to lower the tension between police and minority communities, most critics agreed with the former POTUS it was best for police not to look like they were going into a combat zone to battle civilians.

I wonder if Bliss agrees with this reversal of policy??

I swear Trump is literally going line by line over everything Obama did while in office and attempting to reverse it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  10. andreboba

I will say that posting a pic of Columbia and Harvard educated BHO talking like an extra on Martin or Good Times to me is racially offensive.
    And this comes from the same people who will say Obama isn't really Black.

[​IMG]

11. DudeNY12

Oh, don't worry. On my part it's surface level, and I simply see situations for what they are and/or I perceive them to be.

It's like a WW at my job who was interested in dating me. I mentioned her here in the past. Basically, I was hesitant as I've never been one for dating at work. But the clincher for me was how far to the right she was and how her statements/beliefs led me to believe that she sees the world as a level playing field for all. we know the type... "If you just comply with the police' instruction, you have nothing to worry about" and so on. So while she may not be out marching with white supremecists and such... Her narrow minded way of thinking had me immediately had me saying thanks, but no thanks. You don't have to necessarily be protesting, but to be trying to convince me that I should "be more positive about Trump, and give him a chance because he's going to finally fix America". Then she had the gall (or stupidity) to say that she wasin the same exact position when Obama won in '08. Totally missing (and dismissing) the alarm in minorities as it was clear that the target on our backs had increased ten-fold.

So I'll still speak to her, but it's very, very surface level, and I don't even entertain her occasional invites to meet for drinks and so on.

12. andreboba

It is weird when some people who are so obviously racist don't realize how racist they are. Maybe because it's not an aggressive form of racism and generates more from willfully wrong assumptions.

13. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

And these people don't understand the true definition of racism

14. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

Goodness, lots to talk about in this thread! Impossible to address it all, so I will focus on one issue I always find peeving about conspiracy theories: most conspiracy theories fall in to a category called "unfalsifiable hypotheses."

Sounds fancy and complicated, but it's pretty easy to explain. Many of you may be aware that there is a theory that the earth is really just 6000 years old, and that the Devil *doctored* the earth to look much older than it is -- with a fossil record, with stars in our galaxy that appear millions of years old, etc. -- to fool us in to thinking it was much older. Now, the reality is that there is no way to disprove this theory, because any proof I show could be dismissed as just further proof pf the Devil's trickery. Earth's plate tectonics? More evidence that Satan is trying to trick us. Carbon dating plants to tens of thousands of years ago? Again, the Devil made those plants to *appear* to be older than they actually are. It is impossible to disprove this theory. It cannot be falsified, because any evidence I show you that it's wrong could theoretically just be part of the massive cover up.

And it doesn't matter who the cover up is by -- sometimes the conspiracy/cover up is done by Satan, as in this case, but at other times it's done by the government, or by a secret pact between the government and the media, or by the all-powerful Jews, or whatever is necessary for that particular situation. The important point is that these ideas are dangerous because once you dig your heels in on them it becomes basically impossible for anyone to ever dig you out again. Any evidence I provide that you're mistaken can just be further evidence of the vast conspiracy. If you believe the government faked the moon landing, then I could show you 100,000 pictures of men on the moon, I could talk with men who landed on the moon, and you could insist that all this evidence I'm giving you is just part of the vast government conspiracy. I cannot disprove your position: it is unfalsifiable.

15. bodhesatva

I think part of the reason why racism remains so prevalent in American politics is that some people have this very specific, narrow definition of racism, where as long as you aren't wearing a white hood or saying the N word you're fine. You can use all the dog whistles you want (since those dog whistles provide plausible deniability), and as long as you don't say the evil magic words, no problem.

We're pretty good as a nation now at rebutting overt racism like the KKK (although with recent events, I don't know....), but all the racism under the table, there is still a lot of white America that desperately wants to pretend it doesn't exist. So long as it's not so obvious they cannot possibly deny it, they will deny it. I'm not even saying this to be mean to my fellow white people, because I get it -- it is nicer to imagine this problem doesn't exist! I wish it didn't, too! But unfortunately it does.

16. andreboba

This is why I have a real disdain for people who lack the ability to take in information and think critically for themselves.

The ability to recognize TRUTH, such as it is, is a rare skillset for too many people.

For example, too many folks have hard time navigating between the 'possible' and the 'probable', which leaves them vulnerable to believing things that objectively and logically don't make sense.
    (I'm not talking about religion either. Spiritual faith is in its own separate category.)

Even Oliver Stone has fallen into this trap because of his political and social biases against the U.S. government and all the bullshit he saw in Vietnam.

It's gotten so bad that Stone nearly believes anyone opposed to the Feds is actually a good guy.
    Which explains his public fawning and adoration of Putin.

Ideology makes it difficult to see situations and circumstances for what they are.

17. bodhesatva

I agree! One of the big problems, I find, is people fail to think in terms of probability, and instead think in black/white or 100%/0% terms. For example, is it possible that I don't exist, and that all of the posts I'm typing are actually being typed by a sentient computer program? I mean, it's possible, right? I can't disprove that. I've posted pictures of me on this site before, but maybe I faked those. I post lots of opinions on a variety of topics, but a sentient computer program could fake those, too. I've talked about who I am and where I come from but a computer program would have google maps to tell them all they needed to know. And you may claim such a program isn't possible yet, but maybe it is and the government just doesn't want you to know about it yet.

That's *possible,* but highly *improbable.* The far more likely explanation is that I'm a real person. A lot of people get stuck on "well technically this is possible!" and then never get unstuck from that.

Edit: OMG Andre, your edit is basically saying what I just typed! Guess we think alike :) Your edit posted first though, so you win!

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Dude i sincerely hope you take the blinders off at some point. Plenty of racist have married and had children with those they deem inferior.
    She's of the same ilk. You don't support a racist regime and then tell me it's a matter of opinion. Your opinion is that it's ok to oppress marganilized groups of people. This isn't just about tax cuts for the wealthy this is straight up scapegoating and oppression. Extra policing of Mexicans and Muslims openly supporting white nationalism oppressing transgender people in the military.
    What even has to happen for so many to wake up?

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Exactly how I would go about it.

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member