Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So the Real AmeriKKKan President has been very outspoken about the recent London bombing but yet has remained very silent about a recent terrorist act that took place in Oregon where a Make America Great Again Trump Supporter & known White Supremacist killed two men & wounded another for helping two women targeted by the MAGAT who he believed were Muslim. One of the men killed was a 20 year Army veteran.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Rightwinger deflecting to Obama in 5, 4, 3......

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

But...but...that's from a mainstream media news source. You can't trust that. If it's not from some alternative information source like Bernie Is That Nigga.com or Fuck Them Dems News or Better Trump than Clinton Infosource.org they don't tell the truth.......

5. RicardoCooper

Gettin the popcorn ready for the resident Bernie-Bots to either try to a) rationalize this shit or b) sidestep it altogether

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

What I love avbout this newstory is that it shows Berniebots if he had won the Democratic primary, it was no lock he was going to defeat Trump.
    The Right and the MSN would have gone after him just as hard as they did HRC and BHO, and painted him as an atheist, Zionist, Marxist commie to boot.

In fact I bet this is an 'old' news story within MSN.

7. RicardoCooper

Still crickets. Which is weird because head Bernie-Bot @The Dark King lives to argue and dispute and deconstruct everything under the sun but is strangely silent on this topic

Bueller????

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Oh sorry if you haven't realized I'm out here caking but by all means keep thinking about me lol

Sorry your candidate had no integrity, no insight, and plain old was electable. Not once but twice she lost to inexperienced people. People don't trust her and for the record I voted for her, made me sick to my stomach but I did it know she was better than 45. I wanted a populus candidate, someone who fought for the people and had a record of it. Someone who didn't need to be convinced that the minimum wage should be higher, someone who understood the necessity for real healthcare reform and didn't let people hang the bullshit song of "how are you gonna pay for it" without challenge. But hey keep cheering for the DNC all they know how to do is lose, straight up losers who get NOTHING done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. RicardoCooper

Nice speech but I notice you avoided the actual topic (as I knew you would). "Corrupt" HRC isn't under FBI investigation for bank fraud but your messiah and his wife are

:D

10. The Dark King

You really want to play the investigation card? Lol

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

And yet the country would still be in a much better position with a Dem or HRC as POTUS than any GOP candidate.

HRC wasn't trying to dismantle the federal government so that the oligarachs and corporate powers were in absolute control of the future of the USA.
    But I still give you props for holding your nose and voting for HRC in the general.

We need more pragmatists among the progressive movement who still understand the big picture.

HRC would have been the perfect pawn for the progressive movement and could have been FORCED to do whatever they wanted, or she risked being primaried by her OWN party in 2020.

(The enemy of my enemy is my friend......)

Not enough wisdom on the progressive side of politics nowadays, I'm afraid.

12. The Dark King

No one said differently. I don't think anyone outside of Bliss would say differently

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

14. ColiBreh1

15. The Dark King

Holy fuck balls I never use the term privilege anymore because I've come to realize it's not a privilege to be blind to how oppression doesn't stop at people you don't like but I keep seeing how some people look at this shit as an academic not recognizing how corrosive the GOP is. They want to take away healthcare and leave millions to die just so already incredibly rich people get more money they don't need. They support oppressive laws that police only the poor demographic in this country. They take away school lunches from school children they make it illegal to feed the poor. This is textbook Voldermort, Darth Vader levels of evil and yet some people act like there are two sides to this shit. Smh

16. ColiBreh1

https://twitter.com/NYTmag/status/882706301587005442
    [​IMG]
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/05/...the-left-who-wants-to-be-liberal-anymore.html

17. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

So my random political comment: the fact that some people want their representatives to have no political experience drives me crazy.

People seem to be under the impression that politics is easy: the answers are obvious! Just go out there and fix stuff! I guess I just don't see it that way. When my friends and I get together, we can't even agree on what type of fast food pizza to get, let alone something complicated like healthcare. And we're only 4 girls, not 310 million people with a variety of different backgrounds and needs. Politics strikes me as a job that could be really complicated and tough as soon as you start thinking about how to work with people who strongly disagree with you. In my experience, that's hard!

And so I'm always amazed when people seem to hate lifelong politicians as if that's a bad thing. Doing any profession for 20-30+ years typically (but not always) makes you better at it. Imagine that with any other job: a plumber comes over to your house to fix your toilet. As he walks in the door you ask, "Wait, wait, wait. You've never done this before have you?" And he replies, "Oh god no. I just bought this wrench from the hardware store on the way over." And you sigh in relief because you were afraid he was one of those career plumbers.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True it is like they want a plummer to do IT work or a brick mason to bake a cake.

19. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

@bodhesatva I have always had this feeling "politics", is overrated, you feel me?

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It is overrated but,it is important.