Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Manufacturing isn't coming back and neither is coal. Lying to people about their economic future is more offensive to me than anything. All of those Trump supporters in the Rust Belt states are going to be in for a rude awakening once they realize that they've been had by a con man.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They will totally find a way to blame Obama and immigrants anyway. It's easier to blame others than people you aspire to be

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It's ironic that those inside Trump's inner circle with the closest ties to Russia and Putin have been forced to retire.

First Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort was kicked out for illicit communications with Russia.
    Now NSA chief General Flynn is gone.

I'm not hyping this up, but before this is all over this could end up being the biggest presidential scandal since Watergate.
    There is so much dirt surrounding the Trump administration and you know if shit gets really hectic, the leaks inside the Trump WH will turn into a flood.

4. The Dark King

I seriously hate the both sides doctrine. What should we do as a people to stop them from shooting us in the fucking back and planting evidence. What should be do to stop them from killing 12 year olds and people purchasing toy guns in an open carry state without so much as a warning to put their hands up. Do not play into that bullshit fam do not legitimize this b.s. both sides narrative as if our actions cause them to not only break the law but stick up for each other right or wrong. They have the fucking nerve to call movements pleading and begging not to kill unarmed black people a terrorist movement. Think about that demanding to be treated as human beings is an act of terror.
    Like damn near all things social and political in the western world this is a strictly white problem to be fixed. As long as so many of them ignore and participate in these problems through utter wilful ignorance or the misguided belief that it won't some how effect them this b.s. persists.
    They voted in a person who is dismantling not only civil liberties but silencing scientist and the EPA from talking about climate change. They consistently vote for government that not only oppresses them then but everyone else. How on earth do you support people who cut food stamps with a fucking smirk? Republicans are pure evil and it's not people of color swelling their damn numbers.
    So again the conversation doesn't need to be between BM and cops. This is honestly a conversation white people desperately need to have amongst themselves.
    Why do you support people who want to dismantle education any kind of welfare system and the damn environment?
    Help us all understand how you some how benefit. There can be no America first if there's no planet earth.

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Your examples are right on point. I totally agree that the police need to stop their crap. I just didn't expand and included it all when I mentioned the accountability part. One of the primary reasons they're so willing to empty a clip or two on us is because they're almost never are held accountable. Even when they are... It's often some BS slap on the wrist, and in the rare occasion that charges are filed... some grand jury chooses not to indict, then if by some miracle it goes to trail... They almost always walk. The worst that happens is that they lose their job. Then, of curse they move and another police department hires them. Of course theirs more than enough racism in this, but I also see it as a police culture problem. Thankfully, (I'm actually knocking in my wood desk) I've never had any police encounters involving force and I hope that continues. That said... something is terribly wrong when all sorts of fears are running through our head when red/blue lights appear in our rear view mirror. I can't begin to imagine the fear parents of children of color are facing each time their child leaves the house.

On our side... My thing is that we have to continue educating our children on the dos and don't during a police encounter.

To talk even more about Bliss' question about what I see as a possible solution... I hate saying "police supporters" because in my mind nearly all people support the police. The problem we simply refuse to accept their abusive tendencies. I hate to say that because I realize all of them aren't bad, but more than enough of them are bad. The police need to check their egos, operate within the law/dept guidelines, and most of all... Hold those bad apples accountable. "Police supporter" politicians need to stop acting as if the police has no problems, and that civilians, especially people of color are causing them to use force/deadly force. The police very stubbornly refuse to acknowledge any issues in their ranks, and totally want to keep doing as they've been doing. Basically they're big babies, but the problem is they have guns. I can understand why some good cops are fearful of speaking up as they'd almost certainly be sacrificing themselves. However, when we have the powerful (high ranking police and politicians) turning a blind eye and blindly endorsing the police... It makes for the situation we have.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Vox put out this video clip on their YouTube channel today:

7. ColiBreh1

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

9. Since1980

Trump's head should be lower. We all know that Trump isn't allowed to kiss Putin on the lips.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

U.S. intercepted calls between Trump campaign, Russia: report

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/ct-trump-campaign-russia-calls-20170214-story.html

"In late August, Paul Manafort resigned as Trump's campaign chairman after disclosures by The Associated Press about his firm's covert lobbying on behalf of the former pro-Russian ruling political party in Ukraine."

"The New York Times reported late Tuesday that members of Trump's campaign, including Manafort, had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence officials during the year before the election. The U.S. knew about these contacts through phone records and intercepted calls, the Times said."

Not only that but his national security adviser Flynn gave a bullshit reason for his resignation saying he:

"inadvertently briefed the vice president elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian ambassador."

These people are a disgrace.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

12. ColiBreh1

MSNBC's "Morning Joe" show went in on Kellyanne Conway this morning:

13. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

From another message board describing how modern conservative politics is destroying TRUTH in America, and why it's so dangerous for our democracy when Trump calls the media 'fake news'.

" And this is how the truth dies. There's a yellow car, so when asked about what color the car is, the honest man says yellow. Meanwhile, the liar screams about how everybody is being deceived and claims the car is blue. And the people? Some take sides, but most think it must be somewhere in between, and so it becomes widely accepted that the car is some tint of green.

And how do you compete with this? As long as you stick with the truth and the other guy lies and exaggerates, the compromise position is always going to be in his favor.

And if you also lie and exaggerate, and maybe say that the car is red (two steps away from yellow on the other side of the spectrum), you've sacrificed the truth, and every issue becomes nothing more than a my-team-vs.your-team conflict without any basis in reality. And besides, rather than red and blue averaging out to yellow in people's minds, it's more likely they'll average out to purple, which is even further away from the true color of yellow.

Fake and blatantly partisan news has done great damage to our country, as recently more legitimate news sources are content to treat partisan propagandists with the same deference as legitimate experts, giving them credibility that they do not deserve.

"Here representing science, Dr. Emerson Clarke, an astrophysicist from MIT, claims the Earth is round. And here to represent the opposing viewpoint, Gary Brown, a religious scholar and an outspoken critic of the scientific community, claims the Earth is flat. So which is it? They'll debate the topic and we'll let you decide."

There aren't two legitimate sides to everything, and when you present them as if there are, you're back to a yellow car / blue car scenario."

14. The Dark King

No stupidity is killing this country. So many dumb people it's scary. People actually believed that a guy who went bankrupt 6 times is a "good" business man.
    How many times has Mark Cuban or Steve Besos gone bankrupt? Now those are good businesses men.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I just don't understand how people get so wrapped up in ideology and even worse "partisanship" to where they can support anyone who plays a role, no matter how sloppy and inept that person may be.

I guess it really speaks to the power of branding. That's why trump could charge people for a school that obviously had no value from the beginning. Any objective observer could have seen that there was no real value there. Successful branding seems to have a blinding effect on people. Belief is like a powerful magic. If you control a good brand you become almost like a sorcerer capable of casting spells. It sounds crazy but look at the evidence. I base my thoughts and conclusions on real world events. This is just a thought for now.

I'm going to dig deeper into the concepts of perception and belief once I get back into the social sciences. It could be powerful knowledge for a deeper understanding of markets. Focusing on the physical sciences for now.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So the leaks are real but the news is fake? Flynn did nothing wrong but he fired him anyway?

Lol......

I'm still laughing about the Fredrick Douglas gaffe and this guy hasn't slowed down yet. Hahahaha!

17. Since1980

Despite all of his failures in the business world (and his current failures as President) that is one thing that he definitely understands. Trump Air, Trump Vodka, Trump Steaks, Trump: The Game, Trump Ice, etc. All of those things were pretty massive failures but if nothing else, he knew how to get his name out there and draw attention to himself.

18. Since1980

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I didn't even know about those products. LOL at trump the game. The objective supposedly is to make the most money. No wonder that flopped. How was that supposed to compete against monopoly? In monopoly you win when you are the ONLY one left with money. That even sounds more fun.

Seems like my first thought on this needs some work. I don't know if I'm going to be able to find a junction where belief and perception crosses between business and politics. Considering that there is only two major brands in politics, the thought was a long shot from the beginning.

20. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Exactly! They kill with the Trump is a genius crap. I'd give him big props if he actually built his wealth. They're forgetting that he had quite an interitance. Also... I'm old enough to remember "The Trump Shuttle". They actually think 45 has their best interests in mind. SMH!