Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yes l saw.
    Did you not see it is a media and SM ban?
    "Trump has barred EPA employees from providing updates on social media or providing information to reporters, and he has barred the agency from awarding new contracts or grants."
    Further it stated on the USDA specifically..
    "This includes, but is not limited to, news releases, photos, fact sheets, news feeds and social media content,"
    Then it said:..Personnel at the agency's Agricultural Research Service were told in an email Monday to stop disclosing any information to the public and to the media, but a spokesman for the ARS said that ban did not apply to scientific publications

Furthermore, it sad the USDA failed to respond to inquiries when l provided the actual response from the USDA that it is a litigious situation and the plaintiffs ( the breeders) are suing under privacy laws.

So who knows what the complete back story is for both Agencies and their SM accesss, but to point specifically that Donald Trump is maliciously trying to encourage the abuse of animals by hiding findings is patently unfair.

It's damn hard enough to fight abuse of animals already, and the last thing ARA's need is a faux fight with Trump because of howling political hacks' need to hound him personally. (no pun intended.. ok, a little at 'howling')

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ugh. Follow please.
    No, Obama does not treat animals like ISIS, where praytell did l say that. I am referring to the bastards who do those things to animals.

While l know the BLM Organization are for a specific intent, there was the Dallas cop rampage shootings at the BLM march, as well as the BLM marchers who chanted to kill police..

"Black Lives Matter protesters marching on the Minnesota state fair on Saturday spewed violent anti-cop rhetoric just hours after a Harris County, Tex. sheriff's deputy was ambushed and executed at a Houston-area gas station. “Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon,” activists chanted."
    [​IMG]
    I've heard the actual recording. It's horrible.

No, l did not take my meds today. Thanks for reminding me. Did you?

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It wasn't a sanctioned or supported hit. Some lunatic starts shooting at cops doesn't make it the fault of the movement. If an Australian goes around killing innocent people do Austrailians need to get their shit together or do we hold only the individual responsible?

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well gotdamn, do you apply that fairness logic to police?

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Donald J. Trump is the POTUS. I don't like that fact, but it can't be changed. My view of this country differs from his. I believe the part about n the Bible that goes, "To whom much is given, from whom much is expected." That applies to this president and this country. I believe this country should be wary but it must not be a bully. I am not afraid of borders. President Trump might bring jobs to the country. He has more support from the Senate and Congress than Barack Obama. Trump has no one to stop him.

But he is human and he will make difficult decisions mistakes as Obama did.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Trump has no more Senate support that Obama didn't have his first two years.
    No one on the Left is talking about the new Factory and 25,000 new jobs Intel just announced because of Trump.
    Your bible quote is fitting because he is fullfilling expectations of his promises. Majority of the country supports the wall and the refugee moratorium from those 7 countries, and that's one of the reasons why they voted for him..

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I didn't support the wall or the ban and I still don't.

What and where are those 25,000 new jobs?
    Do these jobs pay more than the average wage someone is paid at McDonald's or Walmart?
    What about student loans? Can you these jobs pay off that as well as the rest of the household expenses?

This isn't a left or right issue where someone gets the blame . It's a human issue.

8. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I don't think any reasonable person would say or suggest that all police are bad. Our (people of color)issue is that with all that happens... We have more than enough reason to fear the outcome of a police encounter. A lot of non-people of color are quick to spew stuff like... Don't break the law and you have nothing to worry about which is so far from the truth.

It's why I always say that serious dialogue needs to take place. I think police culture in general is bad, and many innocent people (including some police officers) suffer because so much involving rogue officers gets a blind eye turned to it.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I think we have had this disussion before and l agree completely that BM have much more to fear with a police stop. Much, more. It's not much different than a woman walking home at night in the dark fearing rape or assault whereas a man may not. I get it, and always have.

I do think a national dialogue (televised or in private) is imperative on this subject and it really should be between cops and BM. Not politicians, or Police Chiefs, or Community Leaders, but a real raw discussion between men.
    Antagonists, agendas and ego's be banned.

And l say men because l don't feel females, (cops and citizens) can really understand the friction that is evident between cops and BM (though many BW are just as suspicious in general of Police)

I read an interview once of a Philly cop who was either admonished or fired because he told a reporter riding his beat that he's grown to dislike BP after being assigned to North Philly, which is a high crime, drug , violence section. He said he wasn't always like that.

By the same token, there are Black men who also have addmitted to having grown to dislike police officers because of mistreatment of themselves or others. (Who can blame them?)

Yes l understand one holds greater power over the other and that too is a fact that can't be dismissed in the mutual interaction between two grown men who might distrust each other. Both men might feel their life is in jeopardy as well.
    Thus both are having a problem that needs to be addressed.

What do you think DudeNY, is a possible solution to better relations, or do you see it being impossible to solve because of the nature of the police's role nowadays which has changed a lot?

11. DudeNY12

I'm glad you and I are in agreement here, Bliss. You pose a very good question. I do agree that police and BM need to interact with the genuine intent to reach an understanding. That said... I do think politicians, high ranking officers and so on need to eventually get involved at some point. I especially feel this way about politicians because they're often fanning the inferno.

In our areas, I always say that "we have to do better for ourselves". By that I feel like we have to take more of a charge with our children so that they're not getting into trouble with police and so on. Somehow police have to stop seeing us as "aminals" and so on.

I also strongly feel that a lack of police accountability is the root of the problem. Too much gets ignored, and folks won't have a good image/feeling about police until they give us reason.

You're right in that some of us do grow to dislike police. It sucks. I can remember like it was yesterday when police officers (and firefighters) would come speak to our class in elementary school. Obviously, a tender innocent age for the children, and to grow up and see them in a different light is quite a letdown.

One huge problem is that the second in which a politician even suggests that police have a role in this and/or need more accountability... They're deemed to anti-police. I hate to say this, but I'm not optimistic that this will improve significantly in my lifetime (I'm 51 y/o). I guess the first step is for both sides to acknowledge that each other need to work at it. Another thing is that police have to get that chip off their shoulders.

Just last Thursday I was at the barber, and an off-duty officer and another guy were talking. It was sad to me because this young officer was all about what he can do and that no one should dare open their mouth to him.

So, I guess in summary... The police have to honestly want better relations, show it, and do their jobs professionally. I'm sure the vast majority of minorities who have a bad opinion/fear of police are law-abiding people who would welcome good relations with police. It simply must be a two-way street.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What was he saying or doing?

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Just a reminder........

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/817826066421129216
    [​IMG]

BLM is a George Soros-funded Feminist/LGBT group in blackface. It's laughable to me that you believe that right-wing/conservative propaganda that a bunch of feminist & gay blacks are killing cops.

14. DudeNY12

Different things but it boiled down to his point being that if he said A... They had better not think about challenging him and saying B or he would make things unpleasant for the person.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

People like that generally know who they can and can't fuck with.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Loved your thoughts here.
    That off duty cop is the problem right there. These are the Rogues who need(ed) to be weeded out. Either he was taught that powermad mentality, or always had it which is why he became a cop. I wish you could have asked him why he felt that way, etc, but won't question why you didn't. I think change has to happen at the root-level. and we all have to push for it.
    I know the history is so violent and there may never be a meeting of the minds because BP have been mistreated for so long and so horribly by the police...it's just disenheartening to even finish that thought..for our future...it's all very depressing actually.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Da fuck? Are you on about?
    Who the hell said anything about "feminists and gay blacks" are 'killing cops'?
    I can't with you tonight Coli..breh :confused:

18. The Dark King

Thw fact you can't see the difference is the entire problem

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"Democrats were told to 'grow up' by one of their own this weekend, as Democratic National Committee chair candidate Raymond Buckley gave a frank assessment of what went wrong in 2016.

Buckley, the chair of New Hampshire's Democratic Party, noted Saturday at the DNC Future Forum in Baltimore, Maryland, that while he's known for being one of the openly gay candidates for chair, he also grew up among the 'lowest of the white working class.'

The candidate suggested that the Democrats' holier-than-Trump approach didn't work, especially in attracting white working-class voters.

'When you are running hundreds of millions of dollars worth of commercials telling the voters that, "Oh, our opponent is offensive," when you are worrying about your damn paycheck, when you are worrying about your job, where you're going to live, whether your kids are ever going to go to school,' Buckley began. '

'They don't give a crap if the president is an insult dog,
    ' he said.

Buckley said the Democrats 'did not offer a positive message to anyone I ... am related to.'

'We did not offer a message to my neighbors, we did not offer a message to the people in Indiana or Ohio or Pennsylvania or Kentucky,' he added, pointing to the states nominee Hillary Clinton lost throughout the Rust Belt.

What the Democrats did do, Buckley stated, is say 'how offensive.'

'Grow up
    ,' he shouted.

'That is not reality for most of America,' he said.

Methinks even though he was cheered by the audience, NO WAY does this guy win the position..

20. The Dark King

True but voting for someone who has zero experience who is promising shit he can't possibly deliver unless he has a damn time machine won't work either