Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I never said that it's going to happen (although I'd like to see fewer guns on the streets period) just that I agree with it. Go back and read what I actually wrote lol.

And North Carolina more red than blue. Yeah, the new Governor is a Democrat but he barely won his race against his opponent. And NC, like a lot of other states, has Republicans in control of most statewide offices and both houses of the state legislature. Red vs. blue is about more than just the Presidential elections.

Plus the fact that there are more red states in the south than purple states pretty much supports what I'm saying. You can't just write off states like Alabama and Mississippi out of hand. They're about ares red as red can be and it wouldn't matter how much Dems in those states love guns.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Sorry for being logical, but why support behavior that you know won't yield any results? I just don't understand that. Why try to ban sand in Iraq? Doesn't make any sense.

Yeah Alabama and Mississippi are red as red can be but that's like discussing Wyoming. What is there to know about that state other than red? Lol. States that don't have at least one banging city have nothing in common with the known World we live it. They are red and.....who cares? Its obvious that any appeal to those places exist in the eye of people who have almost nothing in common with the rest of us. We may as well be discussing Siberia.

I know NC has more republicans in control than dems, ever thought about why? That was the reason for my post to begin with. My original post was an accessment of state politics, so why are we discussing national elections?

People don't usually vote for dems in purple States because they are out of touch with the basics of southern culture. I'm getting to the point of actually considering registering as a Republican so I can have say on which Republican wins in my state. Considering dems is becoming a waste of time and my prorities are quickly shifting from national to state politics.

3. Since1980

Because I don't base my opinions off of what's easy; I base them off of what I think is best and most fair. If I was concerned about what was easy, I'd be an anti-gay marriage conservative Christian who's against universal health care.

And guns are still one issue out of many in the south. You can absolutely LOVE the NRA but if you're pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-labor or any of those other things then you're not going to win in the south. I realize that I'm in the minority down here but the fact that my beliefs aren't popular means nothing to me.

4. Since1980

That's one thing I couldn't do lol. If there were such a thing as moderate southern republicans I might agree with you on that but in "moderate republican" is an oxymoron in Georgia.

5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Interesting commentary on Trump...

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They won't care. They don't have the mental capabilities to see it

7. Since1980

Interesting, and a bit scary. Trump supporters who look at anti-Trump people think that we're upset because "their guy" won and that's true to an extent. But it's also true that if we had President Ted Cruz or President John Kasich absolutely none of this would be an issue because those two men would act like mature, responsible adults and treat the office of the Presidency with the gravity and respect that it deserves.

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Agree with you on Kasich, not so much on Cruz, I think he would have been just as polarizing as Trump, at least within Washington, my political contacts tell me that they have never seen a politician hated so much, and by so many on both sides.

9. Since1980

Oh, I meant as far as the random tweets, being thin skinned, missing security briefings, and generally acting like a 70-year old child. The fact Cruz is an evangelical who lost the evangelical vote to man who probably hasn't set foot in a church in years pretty much tells me all I need to know about his likability.

Even John Boehner hates him but I think that Cruz would at least treat the job seriously and spend the time and effort required to take over on day one. Trump seems to be going out of his way to show any kind of maturity or responsibility.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

All or nothing huh? lol

Well in a purple state there is something to be gained. I guess the dems have the same perspective in the purple states that you have in a red state. So they will end up with less or nothing. No one is expecting people to change their beliefs; in the real world it's not what you believe but what you can accomplish that matters.

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

(skip 3:50 to 5:35)
    I see epic fail over the next 4 years.lol
    How did this whack job get elected??????

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

13. Since1980

I'd love to see Sanders run again but I think his age is going to be the most important factor. Trump will be 74 in 202 which is plenty old as it it, but Sanders will be 80! Having to deal with the kind of demanding schedule it takes to mount a successful campaign will probably be the last thing on his mind by then.

14. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I was thinking the same. I'd also like to see Joe Biden run, but he's sorta in that same boat. I'd love to see another women run, but as with Clinton (in addition to her other issues) I think a large number of folks are still unwilling to vote for a woman.

I was also thinking Cory Booker (in '20), but I also feel like him running will certainly mobilize that Trump's base. Perhaps it's better for him to hold off for a later time.

15. Since1980

Yeah, I agree with you on Booker for the most part. People have been saying for years that Cory Booker was the next likely candidate. Plus he's still relatively young and the Dems bench is pretty thin right now. Hopefully by the time '20 rolls around there will be some youthful contenders who'll also be electable.

16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Would love to see Deval Patrick run as well,

http://www.boston.com/news/politics...-trump-attorney-general-nominee-jeff-sessions

17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It's scary to hear what stupid people think sometimes.

There was a group of mostly old farts sitting around drinking coffee and talking at my job for several hours the other day, and hearing some of their crazy conversation made my head ache.

Here are a few of the crazy highlights:

"Trump is the hero this country needs. We're lucky we have him to fix what Obama messed up."

"What Trump needs to do with the Mexicans and blacks is what Hitler did to the Jews and gather 'em up and burn 'em up."

"The only reason the FBI didn't lock Hilary up was because they knew Obama would just pardon her before he left office so they could keep having their affair."

"I wonder if Trump will tell everyone the truth about aliens and UFOs being real since he'll be able to see the reports for himself."

"You know the government is hiding aliens they caught over the years from us. They should let us see them."

"Most missing people that are never found were abducted by aliens, and the government is covering it up."

"I know people who were abducted by aliens and came back to talk about it."

"Some of the people the aliens bring back are left to die on the top of Mount Everest."

"I wonder if alien medicine could have kept JFK alive."

"You know JFK didn't die right away. They kept him for a few days under heavy guard in the hospital and slowly killed him themselves. Johnson and Jackie were in on it too."

"I don't think Jackie knew that he was still alive or was in on trying to kill him. I do think she killed Marilyn Monroe though."

"9/11 was a worse conspiracy. They got everybody worked up over all them dead people when the only ones in the building was the ones who wanted to commit suicide anyway. That's why they jumped out like they did."

"What about that 'Sandy Hooker' hoax where they pretended all them kids was shot? Them parents pretending their kids was dead was one of the worst hoaxes of all. Somebody needs to shoot them."

"If any of them really died, the parents and the government killed them."

They were there talking that kind of craziness for 6 hours!!! The only break we got from their crazy talk was when a couple of them were making fun of a customer with cerebral palsy and imitating his walk. I was so happy to see them finally leave.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. ColiBreh1

19. ColiBreh1

20. Since1980

Stuff like this makes me wonder how we ever managed to stay a superpower as long as we have. The level of stupidity in some people is physically painful.