Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear your child landed in the hospital! I hope she's doing better! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Yes, so much seems to be happening. Not good! Pray!!

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Hi Cherokee,
    I'd wish the same for me if l lost mine.

It was mailed. While driving, I found a postman who told me he'd put it in an envelope and mail it for me when back at the station. The wallet had a folded dollar bill in it so wasn't concerned about the cash - more his student ID and D/L, (cards l cut up), and his lovely leather wallet. I felt relieved...it actually felt weird having someone's personal lost wallet in my pocketbook...l truly feel some things carry people's energy.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Why do you feel you can't help him? Hope he is ok. Is he liking the military?

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What an ass her husband is. Loser.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's been a full moon this past week.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm feeling very meloncally as well. Just read about the Philando verdict. I fight the urge on a regular basis to pack up my family and go. It's being written bright neon signs that black people simply aren't welcomed here.
    I also am curious to see how this country would fair without its biggest consumer demographic.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! Actually my son was in the hospital too. I guess I didn't say that part. So 2 kids in the hospital in 2 weeks. NOT good!
    My daughter is MUCH better, just have to really watch her now. My son is much better than he was at the worst of it, but it's going to take some time.

I keep telling the other 2 NO more hospital visits.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

We're not welcomed anywhere on this planet. At least not in large numbers. Not as a race. There are no safe spaces for black americans.

9. The Dark King

All I can say to that is travel fam because that's not true. There are many places that are far better for us than here. Where its not culturally acceptable to murder citizens.

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The vast majority of the so-called black community including the majority of its females do not care about intelligent hard-working black men, so I don't cry crocodile tears for those who would sooner cry over a lowlife than me. If a black-owned business provides a good or service at a competitive price, I will support. If it doesn't, I won't. No special treatment here, no going an hour out of my way to spend three times as much.

How does the world look from that high horse?

11. Cherok33

It's not my oldest. My oldest son isn't doing superbly in the military and has advanced already to e4 and up for board for e5 this month.

It's my youngest son (19) who just finished a great freshman year. He's home w his friends during summer break and found trouble landing himself in a sticky situation. Nothing myself or anyone else can do but stand by. The kid lives in his o n world and it scares the hell out of me.

Totally heartbroken

12. Cherok33

I'm so sorry!!! Terrible :(

Hang in there and I pray they both get better soon. Especially your son!

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Great update about your oldest!

Cherokee, l feel your angst in your comment for your youngest son...it's tough to feel helpless, carrying so much love for him. As long as he knows you are there for him unconditionally, he is not alone in his troubles. Hopefully he see's what you see for him, and the situation he's in works itself out. *Prayers*

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

He said " not in large numbers" he has traveled too. Easy Germany remember? Take plenty of ginko fam because 20 years from now your memory is going to be like dust.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. The Dark King

Lol try Canada or France it's amazing

16. Cherok33

Thank you Bliss! Praying...

17. samson1701

I lived in the Detroit area. Canada was my second home. Literally. You could get into the adult clubs at 19. So, we were there all the time. Also, visited France when I went to Germany. And, it was definitely better. I could easily see living there. No question about that. And that was over 30 years ago. But, make no mistake about it; you are still a black man. You have no safe spaces. And, that's fine with me. I expect it. And, when I encounter those instances where I am treated truly as an equal, I live in that moment and enjoy it. In the meantime, I do what little I can to make the situation better.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The work/life philosophy is what intrigues me the most about those places. I probably would deal with the cold for an opportunity to live in France, Canada not so much. I think that you would need to be fluent to live in France tho. I'm gonna start back working on my French soon enough. I have not decided to leave yet but I'll say this, Florida, Cali, and Texas are the only places I could ever see myself living in the states. If those places go south, I'm out of here for good. The rest of the states can kick rocks.

19. K

K Well-Known Member

Hope it all turns out well!

20. samson1701

I had a chance to live in Hamburg, Germany. But, I could not leave my mother by herself that long. At the time I wasn't sure if I'd made the right decision because the opportunity was a serious game changer for me. But, my mom passed two years later, so at least in my mind, I made the right choice. Had I stayed, I would've lost those last two years with her.

But, the moral of the story is Germany and France are better for a black man to live. Better than here. But, don't expect utopia. And, the more of us there are over there, the more their racism comes to light. However, as I stated earlier, that was 30 plus years ago. So your mileage may vary. It could be best thing since Wakanda for you or it could be a total, euro redkneckin', racist paradise. I have no idea after all these years.