Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Nope, you're not being paranoid. Most likely she was one of those idiots who can't do anything without being on her cell phone all the time, but doing that in the middle of your transaction is something to be worried about IMO. If she's a thief, she's obviously not a smart one, but you should definitely keep a close eye on your account. It also wouldn't hurt to contact the bank and have them help you monitor it and notify you of any new transactions on the card. You can't put anything past anybody, especially with the so-called advances in technology.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the advice.
    My local Boston Market is one of the few fast food places that actually still takes your card at the cash register if you order inside.
    Most places have their card reader set up in front for the customer to insert on their own.

The overall transaction didn't take any longer than normal, but seeing this girl obviously typing out numbers on her smartphone keypad while my card was being authorized freaked the fuck out of me.

I'll monitor my transactions and hope nothing else comes of it, but I am thinking of cancelling out my card and requesting a new one.
    From now on if I'm going to order fast food, I think I'll try to stick to cash.

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Im not worried about theft, I openly give out my credit card number. Capital One has always refunded my money immediately when it comes to fraud.

Speaking of Boston Market, their chicken is greasy as fuck for no reason. Mashed potatoes is bomb tho.

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yup! Of the many things I loved about Toronto, I noticed that also (same when I visited Montreal) and thought it was an excellent idea. It appears to finally be catching on a bit with some American restaurant chains. I know at Chilis and Olive Garden, they have the mini-kiosk on each table in which you can swipe your card and print out receipt (or email it to yourself). Also... I noticed that at TGI Friday's they now take orders with a tablet, and they also swipe your card with the tablet as well.

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I am protective of my cards but some more than others. I'm extremely protective of my debit cards, and credit card with high credit limit. I do have one credit card in which I'll use any place like gas station pumps and so on, but I also watch it's activity.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

I think it's a good idea to have a card that you just use for such things (gas, fast food/restaurants, etc). Still review the activity. Now with so much online I know many don't even look at their statements.

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Fucks raw, open with credit card number. Makes sense. LOL :D

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This reminds me of @Bliss. The first time I've ever heard of her or seen her post was in the Kapernick protest thread. Based off that thread, I thought she was gonna be ran off this forum. But, she's still here.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this has come from both the WW who don't have children and BM. Some of us did want to discuss some things we deal with and have tried at different times but it was met with a lot of crap. Many left, a couple of us are still around and just choose not to discuss anything real.

As far as the forum overall....a lot of it has to do with that it's an outdated format, many of the people who come through are going to be temporary (temp interest or whatever), etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

THIS.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm curious what do you want to discuss but don't feel you can?

12. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

That girl Bliss is one self-assured soul ain't she?

13. MightyLighty

Do you think white privilege was at play with many of them? i.e. White Fragility etc

14. K

K Well-Known Member

Currently....nothing. It's kindof like the moment is gone. I don't think about this place in that way.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

Um...well girly, I don't really think that would apply to the Black Men would it?

16. MightyLighty

No, I'm talking about the many ww that left the board.

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, there are BM on this board who like dating and fucking WW, but really don't like WHITE PEOPLE.
    Which doesn't mean you ignore bigotry and racism in this country and around the world, but the WW on this board shouldn't be the ones we beat over the head with it constantly, or tell them they don't know what they're talking about.
    It just creates an unfriendly, hostile environment for WW.
    You haven't really been here that long but there have been many WW with biracial kids who were just beat down page after page in some threads for daring to have an opinion about racism.

This may be an outdated forum, but I'm a member of other message boards that are still very active.
    The BM on this board as a group are responsible for running off most the WW who actually enjoyed posting.

If Bliss called it a day, we'd be lucky to have WW members who posted once a week.

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Do those dudes still post?

19. K

K Well-Known Member

Your line of question doesn't make any sense. You asked: Do you think white privilege was at play with many of them? i.e. White Fragility etc. I was talking about how ww with black/biracial children were treated (by Black Men and white women who didn't have mixed or other race/ethnicity children) and many left the forums. The white women (moms) who left, and those of us who stayed are probably fully aware of white privilege. White Fragility? uh no. You see, we actually are probably way more aware and deal with a lot more than those who don't have multiracial families in comparison whether we are talking about Black or white families.

20. K

K Well-Known Member

That's true. And (as far as I know) Bliss isn't a mom to biracial children. While what you say may be true, some of the women were also responsible for it. They felt like the men might be showing preferential treatment to those of us with children and they didn't feel they were taken as seriously. On the other hand, some of them were rather disrespectful to those of us with children.

Honestly, I became rather gun shy. I just wasn't interested in trying to have real conversations with people about things I actually deal with on a daily basis - not in theory but in reality, to get a bunch of bullshit thrown at me. Right now we are about to go to a new outting with a group of homeschoolers "of color" and quite frankly I'm a bit hesitant based on some of the things we've dealt with over the years. I've always been one who's almost protective of black women (contrary to what GL spews) but honestly, over the past year or so as my daughter has become older and probably moreso because she is so tall and appears even older than she is, many of the attitudes have changed. I don't know if it's due to her growing up more or if it's because of the political climate and such. I just notice that I'm a bit more on eggshells when I enter a new situation.

The bottom line is that those of us in different life situations are going to have different experiences and perspectives and it's a really good idea to respect that.