Ex-President Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackbull1970, Apr 30, 2017.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

In terms of politics this is literally the smartest post I've ever read on here.
    So much truth

2. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

"The greatest trick the modern Republican party has pulled is not that it has convinced people that their leaders (e.g. Trump, Mcconnell) are good people. Most people hate them, and Trump's approval is historically low for this point in a presidency. Instead, the trick was to convince everyone that all politicians suck, that they are all equally crooked, so who cares who's in charge because it's either one clown or the other clown."

The lesser of two evils

3. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

Yeah. I agree with the sentiment to an extent, but I hear a lot of my friends use this phrase to explain why they simply won't vote -- because they're tired of voting for "the lesser of two evils."

And again, there is some truth to that, but it's also true that no politician will ever agree with everything I believe, because we're all human and no two humans have exactly the same beliefs. So while my friends' position sounds noble, in practice it means they're waiting for some mythical politician to come along who doesn't make mistakes and who they agree with on everything. Which means they basically never vote because no such politician exists.

Politics is always about compromise. Hilary Clinton certainly made some major mistakes, and I don't agree with her on everything, but I certainly agree with her a heck of a lot more than I do Trump, and if I wait around for the perfect politician I will die of old age. And in the meantime, the conservative white people who vote no matter what will just keep on winning.

4. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

The thing with Trump is that I am actually surprised nobody haven't tried to kill him yet.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

45 is just a symptom of a much bigger problem. It would be great if we could seperate from everyone that voted for him. He can stay actually, I'd be happier to be seperated from his supporters.

6. Reverie

I see your point.

7. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

8. Reverie

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

10. andreboba

Funny, cringy vid. First 45 seconds are about TRUMP.:eek:

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Very creepy and inappropriate.

12. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Congress Reaches Deal on Russia Sanctions, Setting Up Tough Choice for Trump

The new legislation would sharply limit the president’s ability to suspend or terminate the sanctions — a remarkable handcuffing by a Republican-led Congress six months into Mr. Trump’s tenure. It is also the latest Russia-tinged turn for a presidency consumed by investigations into the Trump campaign’s interactions with Russian officials, including conversations between Trump advisers and Russian officials about prospective sanctions relief.

Now, Mr. Trump could soon face a decision he hoped to avoid: veto the bill — a move that would fuel accusations that he is doing the bidding of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia — or sign legislation imposing sanctions his administration has opposed.
    “A nearly united Congress is poised to send President Putin a clear message on behalf of the American people and our allies,” said Senator Benjamin L. Cardin of Maryland, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, “and we need President Trump to help us deliver that message

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/politics/congress-sanctions-russia.html

13. blackbull1970

14. blackbull1970

15. blackbull1970

Peggy Noonan: Trump's a 'drama queen'

[​IMG]
    President Ronald Reagan and Margaret Ellen "Peggy" Noonan

"Conservative columnist Peggy Noonan said President Trump's biggest flaw undermining his own power is that he lacks traditionally masculine characteristics.

"He's not strong and self-controlled, not cool and tough, not low-key and determined; he's whiny, weepy and self-pitying," she wrote Thursday night in an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal. "He throws himself, sobbing, on the body politic.

He's a drama queen."

"Trump must remind people of their first wife," wrote Noonan.

"Actually his wife, Melania, is tougher than he is with her stoicism and grace, her self-discipline and desire to show the world respect by presenting herself with dignity. ... His inability — not his refusal, but his inability — to embrace the public and rhetorical role of the presidency consistently and constructively is weak."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/peggy-noonan-trumps-a-drama-queen/article/2629969

16. blackbull1970

17. blackbull1970

Trump Removes Anthony Scaramucci From Communications Director Role

WASHINGTON — President Trump has decided to remove Anthony Scaramucci from his position as communications director, three people close to the decision said Monday, relieving him just days after Mr. Scaramucci unloaded a crude verbal tirade against other senior members of the president’s senior staff.

Mr. Scaramucci’s abrupt removal came just 10 days after the wealthy New York financier was brought on to the West Wing staff, a move that convulsed an already chaotic White House and led to the departures of Sean Spicer, the former press secretary, and Reince Priebus, the president’s first chief of staff.

The decision to remove Mr. Scaramucci, who had boasted about reporting directly to the president not the chief of staff, John F. Kelly, came at Mr. Kelly’s request, the people said. Mr. Kelly made clear to members of the White House staff at a meeting Monday morning that he is in charge.

It was not clear whether Mr. Scaramucci will remain employed at the White House in another position or will leave altogether.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/us/politics/anthony-scaramucci-white-house.html

18. blackbull1970

19. blackbull1970

Washington Post: Trump dictated son's misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer

"Flying home from Germany on July 8 aboard Air Force One, Trump personally dictated a statement in which Trump Jr. said he and the Russian lawyer had "primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children" when they met in June 2016, according to multiple people with knowledge of the deliberations.

The statement, issued to the New York Times as it prepared a story, emphasized that the subject of the meeting was "not a campaign issue at the time."

The claims were later shown to be misleading."

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_7dd9533a-764d-11e7-9659-8bfe0d7dc381.html

20. andreboba

First of all, Peggy Noonan used to be so cute.
    Secondly, Trump has got to be one of the most insecure men we've ever had as POTUS.
    You knew that when he lied and said he had a huge inaugural crowd and told Sean Spicer to keep telling the lie.
    Inaugural crowd size is just random bullshit no POTUS cares about after winning the election.
    But to Trump, that validation mattered.smh