Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers are with all of you, Tam. stay safe!

2. K

K Well-Known Member

Tam...you have every reason to be a nervous wreck! Just from the little bit we are seeing on the news....it's really scary there!!

Stay safe.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I remember being nervous when a hurricane ran through here a few years back

Couldn't imagine the shit going throuh tams mind....the worst thing our hurricane did was rip off some vinyl

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, y'all. :freehug:

I've been scared shitless, but I am thankful it hasn't been as bad here as it is some places. Like I mentioned before, we're fortunate that we live in an uphill area as far as the regular flooding goes. We've still been dealing with flash flooding when it's coming down hard & fast. My garage, which thankfully isn't attached to the house, and my yard have been flooded several times due to flash floods, but the water recedes quickly when the rain slows down. Other parts of town haven't been so lucky. It's a strange sight to see fish from the river and creeks swimming in the streets.

A couple of nights ago the lightning and thunder was so close that my whole house was rattling, and it was so loud my head was rattling too. It went on like that for about 3 hours. There was also a bit of hail off & on. I felt like I was losing my mind. I just moved myself to the little safe spot we have set up in the center of the house, prayed my son was safe at his job, and prayed that we'd get through it safely & soon.

It feels weird to be this freaked out over the weather, because I've never been this freaked out during a typical tornado season. Scared, yes, but not feeling like I'm heading for a nervous breakdown. I think part of it is worrying about my son when he's not close by, part is the duration of the bad weather, and our family friend drowning in this mess is definitely part of it.

The extended forecast shows no rain at all here next week, and I hope the prediction is accurate. I hope the rest of Texas gets a break as well.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

^^^^^

Yay for the extended forecast!

At least we aren't in India. I'm scared we might have a summer like that. Prayers for those in distress. And with no power for even fans.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

just pray for me in general....the brother needs it.

7. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

You've been in my prayers since the last time your name was brought up here. Praying for health, peace and happiness GL. The trifecta!

8. Tamstrong

Yeah, I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through there. My prayers go out for them as well.

Like Raider said, you've been on the 'prayer list' for a while now. I hope things have been improving or at least not getting worse for you.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

thank you and same to u guys

10. chocolatecream4u

chocolatecream4u Well-Known Member

May peace and blessings over come the matter.

11. Tamstrong

I just got word that my brother has been diagnosed with and being treated for Rocky Mountain spotted fever. His doctor put him on medicine when she suspected that's what it was to be on the safe side while waiting for all of his test results. He's not feeling much better since he started the medicine, but he is back home now (which I think is a good sign). The only other person we've ever known to have it died as a result. I don't think my brother's case is as severe (and the other person wasn't treated as early either), but remembering what happened to him has my brother pretty scared. Any prayers on his behalf would be greatly appreciated.

12. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Prayers headed his and your way. Keep us posted.

13. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Prayers for your brother and your family miss Tam :freehug:

14. K

K Well-Known Member

Praying for a full and speedy recover for your brother and for peace and comfort for all of you Tam.

15. Tamstrong

Thank you, ladies. Very much appreciated. :freehug:

16. Tamstrong

Update on my brother & his spotted fever:

He's still weak/tired/in pain, he's lost weight, and he looks like hell, but he's doing a little bit better. His constant headache and nausea are not so constant now, and since they got him started on the medication so quickly there's less chance of there being any long term effects. Hopefully he'll have a full recovery. Thanks again for the prayers on his behalf.

17. Cherok33

Very sorry to hear about your brother, Tam. Glad he seems to be getting better, but I will pray for him.

18. Tamstrong

Much thanks & appreciation for that, Cher. :freehug:

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Hes in my prayers

20. Cherok33

:freehug:
    :freehug::freehug::freehug: