Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

My Dad has been home since Tuesday. It's been slow-going. This infection has really taken a lot out of him.

He has to go to the hospital every day to get his antibiotics. They also take his blood every 3 days to check that his infection is getting under control.

They took blood today, so hopefully they'll have the results when he goes in again tomorrow.

It'll be slow going for awhile, but he seems to have gotten past the worst of it.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My family and I greatly appreciated it.

2. Bookworm616

Oh, and he was supposed to come home with a walker and oxygen. But they sent him home without either one, and he's doing okay without them.

He is having a nurse come to visit him and a physical therapist.

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

sounds like prayer is working, Bookie! slow going is ok, as long as things are on the mend :)

sounds like he's doing great! smile and breathe!

I'll keep your father in prayer darlin

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the update, Bookie; I've been wondering how things were going. Even though it's slow going, it's good to know that he's improving. Hopefully he'll be well enough to at least be done with the antibiotics soon, because they often take a lot out of a person as well. I hope he's getting plenty of rest. It did concern me a little bit that he didn't want to go to rehab (it brought on a flashback about my dad's last hospital stay), but I can understand why he'd want to do his recovering at home. I'm glad that he has all of you looking after him and supporting him. You're also very welcome...we're here if you need us. :freehug:

5. Tamstrong

That's great news! It sounds like not going to rehab was the right choice. I'm glad a better arrangement was worked out for him. :freehug:

6. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

That's great to hear Books. You've been amazing. Keep staying positive and strong for him and the family. And keep believing in his recovery.

I second what Tam said... hopefully it's mental exhaustion and being away from home. From one angle, not wanting rehab is a sign of confidence...

stay in high spirits always...

7. Bookworm616

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts, prayers, and words.

My Dad had his last round of antibiotics on Tuesday. He saw the infectious disease doctor (for his blood infection) yesterday and has been declared infection-free.

Thank you once again!

8. Tamstrong

Wonderful news, Bookie, so happy to hear it! God is awesome!!! :freehug:

9. Cherok33

:smt038

this is awesome news!

10. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

hey Books, how's everything going? Any updates on your dad? And how are you making out?

11. Bookworm616

My dad is back to his normal self. He's driving again and he's ornery again. LOL.

The only thing he has to still work on is walking more.

Thanks for asking! The family has breathed a sigh of relief that everything is back to normal. :smt023

12. Tamstrong

Awesomeness!!! :smt038 :smt023

13. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

That's great news.

14. Bookworm616

Indeed it is. He got even better news today. He doesn't have to go back to his Cardiologist for a year. Woohoo!

15. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

:smt023 :smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038

16. That's great news!

17. Cherok33

Requesting prayer for strength and courage. Tomorrow is my father's memorial service and I have requested to speak. Totally lost for words and don't want to fall apart trying to express my heart. Thank you!

18. K

K Well-Known Member

you'll do great.....just allow yourself to be in the experience of your father and the words will come

19. Tamstrong

Prayers on the way, Cher. No doubt you will do just fine. :freehug:

20. Cherok33

Ladies, thank you so much for caring. This is a hard moment for me and as joyous as we are to know he's in heaven, it's such a hard thing to miss having him around. I have so much I want to say to him, I hope I'm able to express those thoughts on my heart tomorrow. I need closure.