Politically Correct: Republican = Caucasian, Democrat = Minority

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by LA, Apr 6, 2016.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

There seems to be some consistency to this for some reason. Why is it that minorities tend to favor the Democratic Party while Caucasians tend to favor the Republican Party? Is it simply a coincidence?

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Both parties are bought and paid for by Wall Street anyway. I don't even believe that there is a lesser of the two evils.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I think it's better to think of it in terms of progressives and conservatives and conservative usually means traditionalists and who's tradition are they trying to conserve? So it makes sense that mostly white people flock to that party along with traditional evangelicals. Progressives tend to be minorities since we want to move past the current system that's unfair to us.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Conservatives preserve things and attitudes that they hold dear. Religion is a control mechanism. If anyone who is not of that collective, that person is either encouraged to examine their point of view or are ignored or shunned.

Progressives are more egalitarian and utopian in their views. They see a better world than the world of the present world. It isn't about religion or a cult mentality. But it is about a world without boundaries or strife.

Conservatives believe that the progressive views are in conflict with their own views.

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Not really a coincidence. We can pretty much trace modern political affiliations back to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. You could also point to President Truman ordering that the military be desegregated a few years before that in the late 40s but the Civil Rights Act is really what got the ball rolling to make things the way they are now.

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Yep, very true.

7. KWillo

KWillo Active Member

I agree.Both parties, in my opinion, are after the same thing but have different ways of going about it.Democrats are still exploiting Blacks for their own profit and Blacks are too dumb to realize that.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Exploiting us how? And if they are how is it different than any other democratic system?