Philando Castile

Discussion in 'In the News' started by medullaslashin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Sorry little roach.

So much for that people of color bullshit I keep hearing so-called Black leader squawk.

2. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

There's people of color then colored folk/blacks/niggas. Lots of PoC don't want anything to do with us until they need the numbers.

Hell, they'd probably consider us 3/5 given the real feelings some of them have about us. Like I said before: I'm not against everyone else's fight for equality. I'm all for it, but I'm not marching for them either.

3. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Indeed, and the wristband isn't the half of it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/killed-castile-pot-smell-made-fear-life-article-1.3265188

This motherfucker's justification for the traffic stop was that Castille's "wide set nose" matched that of a robbery suspect, and his justification for shooting was that he smelled weed and assumed that anybody who would smoke up in front of child would be down to shoot a cop.

Not only is this dude a racist, but he's also a fucking incompetent coward who had no business carrying a badge and a gun. This is basically what would have happened if George Zimmerman was less of a fuck up and actually able to get his dream job as a LEO.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Word

5. ooieooie

ooieooie Member

I thought this was a thoughtful take on this situation by Trevor Noah at the Daily Show.

6. The Dark King

Every time someone brings up the Walter Scott case for some reason people always leave out that the cop planted evidence on him. He planted the very taser he said Scott was going to use on him. He clearly committed murder. I have to know what went on in that jury room. How could they possibly not see this it as open and shut.

7. ooieooie

ooieooie Member

I think juries need to be better incentivized to serve. Being stuck going to jury duty for who-knows-how-long for $10 a day? I don't think we're ending up with half-decent juries at alllllll because of that.

8. ooieooie

ooieooie Member

^^ that's the rate in California anyway

9. The Dark King

Good to know the truth is for sale smh

10. ooieooie

ooieooie Member

Yeah I mean that's just my guess.. that it's a really flawed system and people overly value their time and money.. because I also don't see how these juries come to these conclusions, it doesn't make sense to me at all

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Yes,the NRA does not give a rat's butt when it comes to the gun rights of brothers.

12. The Dark King

Its literally black and white.

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

because they started from the section of did the police officer feel fear. It doesn't matter if it is legitimate. We have to start to rewrite the rules that the police officer can not feel fear if he or she has no problem confronting someone.

Honestly if you feel fear did you should have never been an officer.....

14. archangel

There shouldn't be a jury at all. You are pooling from nitwits and the prosecutor and defense are picking who they like. You have no idea who you really are picking as a prosecutor and defense lawyer. The system has to be written.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm just now seeing this due to Arch posting ( my alerts act up at time).

Very informative. I remember the Japan rape incident. It shocked their nation.
    I just feel that soldiers are not properly debriefed(?) upon return and are trigger-skittish because they were dropped in war zones.
    I never thought to think that they do a hell of a lot of public relations to win hearts and minds (apart from reading a few stories here and there), something not really done with local and especially State cops.

I sometimes work around some cops and l see it doesn't take much to piss them off. They never let on or warn when they've had it with you. It's usually, ok screw, this and its on.

16. The Dark King

That makes no sense he ran away from him and was shot in the back not to mention he planted evidence.
    It clearly points out he had the presence of mind to know he did something wrong. He planted evidence for God sakes

17. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Now, I wonder if anyone will "bring the hammer down" on this guy?... I'm guessing nope.

... In the meanwhile, you've been "greenlit" yet again... :^/ right there on camera

18. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

RIP Philando.

Here's a more cheerful video ... Both these guys are retired cops, and it's all over a parking spot. Cooool.

19. archangel

Oh wait I thought this was still about Castile. never mind I'm still angry about that verdict.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

UPDATE:
    Philando's mother is awarded entire $3million settlement over the fatal shooting of her son, despite his life sentence-serving father's bid for a $500,000 slice

• Her attorney contacted Philando's relatives to ask them to either make a claim, or sign off on its distribution
    • The District Judge rejected his life sentence-serving father's bid for $500,000

Valerie's attorneys will receive $995,000 of the total settlement.
    Robert Bennett, one of her lawyer's, said he would use funds to support the Philando Castile Relief Foundation which helps victims of gun vviolence

The victim's half-sister Allysza Castile consented to Valerie taking all of the money while other family members did not reply.

In a heartfelt letter, Philando's half-brother wrote: '[Valerie] did a beautiful job in raising [Philando] to be the wonderful man that he was... which allowed him to be the wonderful and respectful man to all he came in contact with.

'Since his death, her work in starting the Castile Foundation in his name and honor is more than satisfactory enough for me as his half-brother. I know she will do great things with the foundation to help improve others' lives.'

Philando's father Phelix Frazier Sr, who is serving a life sentence in federal prison, was the only family member to make a claim.

He said he was 'blindsided by [Valerie Castile's] lack of compassion for both me and her own daughter'.