Philando Castile

Discussion in 'In the News' started by medullaslashin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Trump must have said something about it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He lives in your head rent free.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

And your head?

You're the one reading his books.....lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Twenty years ago. SMH.

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Miscarriages of justice like this are why more and more people don't give a shit when they hear about cops being targeted for murder.
    What fucking difference does it make???

Justice can't just flow one way.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The system in this case did its job..it prosecuted this cop.
    Now the light needs to shine on juries! We have Judges setting rapists free, juries setting baby killers and cops who kill innocent civillians free, time to call them out. It's not absolute doubt, it's REASONABLE doubt. This ex-cop should be in jail. The jury failed here miserably and they need to answer to it.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Who picks Juries?

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lawyers.

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

That's stupid

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It can easily be implemented. Just go extreme in the preference for veterans. Don't hire anymore ex high school sissies, only hire guys that stay in shape and there you have it.

I would say drop the age requirement to 30. 35 is just a tad too ideal but I get his point.

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Actually there are a large number of ex-military who serve in law enforcement in Virginia. In fact, IMO some of the best patrol cops in the Commonwealth are dudes who've had actual military training or combat experience.

Being older doesn't make you a better street cop. Relevant experience does. I'd rather be pulled over by a 22 year old cop who served a tour in Afghanistan than a little bitch straight out the police academy who's scared of his own shadow.

As mad as I am, I think most cops deep down believe this asshole is guilty of manslaughter.
    A 'good' cop, once the driver admitted he had a gun, should have told him to turn off the engine and exit the car, handcuff the driver on the side of the road to eliminate any potential threat, then continue with the stop.

A scared cop is a dangerous cop, and it's no surprise this punk who murdered Castille no longer has a job in law enforcement.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Dude had a partner if he felt so damn scared why not ask for back up? I think the ex military angle is actually not a bad one since most of those guys served with black people. They don't boil allies and enemies down to look, they actually assess the situation. Look at the ex Baltimore cop Mike Woods, his disposition is so calm and laid back and that dude is special forces. Comedian Patrice O'neal use to say I want a cop who doesn't need to be a cop in order to command respect. Truer words have never been spoken.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

His commands were horrible.
    He asked him for his licence and was told, btw, l have a gun. Then he was told don't reach for your gun. His dying words were "l wasn't reaching (for my gun)".
    The officer gave him two commands - get your licence (which was in the glove box) and don't touch your gun.
    He was getting his licence when shot. It's the cop's damn fault. Period.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The ex-military comes with its own issues. Undiagnosed PTSD. Robotic mindsets. Can view civilians as combative enemies. I do agree the ability to sharply and swiftly assess the situation rather than just shooting, is the ideal cop.
    Again, cops believe it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. It's working for them.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Age does help tho, it allows time for even more experience and maturity. The reason the military prefer younger guys is because they can go the longest without sleep and the added bonus of having less medical expenses to pay for. If it wasn't for those two facts they actually would prefer older guys. Secretly they do....lol.
    When a guy joins the military at an older age the guys that already have some rank look to him to lead the younger guys and will give him an opportunity to do so quicker than he would others. The older guy simply has to drop the ball until they start looking at younger guys in his paygrade.

17. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Not necessarily with the robotic mindset. Yes, there are strict orders, ROE and all that but there is still a personal/rapport building element that is extremely important. When the infantry guys are interacting with the locals, they need to respect them and treat them with respect. "Hearts and minds" if a common saying in the military. That comes from treating with respect. We get cultural training in the military. People in the military interact with people the same way police officers do with the citizens here for the most part. They respect the customs. They need to. There have been plenty incidents where a US service member acted up and completely shit on relations between the US and another country or village. For example, the Marines that raped the school girl back in the 90s and a few other rape events in recent years. Many Japanese don't want us there anymore. Okinawa especially(that's where they 90 rape happened I believe). They fucking hate our presence out there. They've wanted us to leave for years.

Despite the image of the trigger happy infantryman, a lot of them are actually there to help, ease tensions and build relationships. The police force and military are similar in many ways. They're just tailored to the needs of the force and threat levels. Both have a rank structure, missions/tasks, an interactive element with the community, etc. Assuming you aren't suffering from PTSD and can think for yourself when necessary, ex-military can be a great addition to the police force.

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

So sad it is like a loop that does not end.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just seen very disturbing footage of the dash cam video. Soon as he told that fucker that he had a fire arm the cop starts getting defensive and almost immediately started freaking out. He said " don't pull it out" Castile said calmly " I'm not pulling it out". The fucking coward started shooting him right after he said that.

20. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member