"People's" Sexiest Man Alive that People didn't vote for...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by darkcurry, Nov 15, 2017.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I usually bypass their annual Sexiest Man Alive thing because we know It's really Sexiest(White) Man Alive being as though they have only in the 35 years of doing it chosen 3 men of color. But this is the year 2017 where people are ready to voice their opinions(good or bad) and love exposing folks and calling bullshit.

Go on twitter and people are going in on it https://twitter.com/search?q="Sexiest Man Alive"&src=tren

Calling him a homophobic, Calling For Idris Elba and other black stars and a lot of the women calling for Idris are White Women https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q="Sexiest Man Alive" Idris&src=typd

This backfired on them big time. I almost feel bad for the guy. lol. But when I saw this after coming in from work I just had to post it.

This was CLEARLY the entertainment media trying to save white men's image and it didn't go over well. There is hope in America. lol.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The selection process at PEOPLE magazine for "The Sexiest Man Alive " is among the female staff at the magazine. Blake Shelton is now PEOPLE magazine's choice for this honor...over Idris Elba. This is no big surprise. Both men are great at what they do. Women admire them. Both men are well known and respected.

I believe that the selection process at this point was rigged. Aside from being a judge on The Voice, and being engaged to co-judge Gwen Stefani, I wouldn't call Shelton , "The Sexiest Man Alive." I guess he would be that among those in the country-western community.

Perhaps it is a measure to save the white man and his image.

Blake Shelton only knows country-western music. His music is sometimes played on mainstream pop radio stations. Being able to cross over is an achievement many in the recording industry find surprising.

Idris Elba knows acting. But he is a very versatile actor who can play any role and leave an impression on the audience.

I have no say in this process.

Congratulations to Blake Shelton.

Idris Elba might win an Oscar. Who knows.

3. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

I agree completely. Hollywood has been trying to artificially hold up white men for a long time! Us women arent that easily fooled lol. Blake is average looking even for white men, so it is weird they chose him haha

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

There are a few things in life I essentially could care less about, People's yearly Sexiest Man Alive feature being one of them. Blake's reaction to winning was very telling when he deadpanned: '''I won because they'd run out of people to give it to ''.

5. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Get off that people of color shit.

WM should protect their image....that's what humans do....maybe we should give it a try.

6. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Exactly, I know plenty of ordinary white men that are ten times more sexy than him. Idris on the other hand is something else completely, I can't even call him sexy anymore, he broke the standard.

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Trump is POTUS after Obama

Blake is Sexiest Man Alive after The Rock

GOP Congress is in the majority

THE WHITE MAN IS BACK, BABY

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Reverie

Uninterested anyway.

9. darkcurry

Well if we are going into the deep of the conversation
    When they do that they fuck up the HUMAN race. They can't protect their image without racism, sexism, ect. “white” is something that WM made up a long time ago to for racial supremacy. White culture is white pride is white supremacy. White supremacy is Social Conditioning, AIDS, Politics, Terrorism, GMOs, Famine, whitewashing, christianity, monetary system, fiat ponzi scheme, xenophobia........

That's a WM image. Have been for centuries. So white men doing that are enemies of the human race, so that is not what humans do. So I disagree and can give a damn about the WM image if we are really going there.

10. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

I agree. He's just sex.

11. GAmomlisa

This is so important to understand! Curious what you see as a final solution to this problem?

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Black men using their economic power to end it. Otherwise it won't end. First we have to fix our own culture by getting rid of the matriarchal mentality.

13. darkcurry

First and foremost Knowledge and Truth of the White Patriarchy to the people, because they STILL have the people's sheepish minds on that things will be okay and that they know how to fix it, ect. Can't do shit if WE are able to be labeled the bad guys with their weapons of choice like the corporate media and the justice system. I mean wm lead the country in mass shootings and they just will not label them Terrorist, but will jump a the chance call us BIE (Black Identity Extremist.). We have to spread REAL knowledge and truth and let it grow like a massive Tree that everyone wants to pick the fruit from.

14. Reverie

True.

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

They can vote for a white dude but Blake really.....

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. Easier to opt out of the bullshit all together and do what we're doing on this forum...dating and marrying out

17. flaminghetero

BM don't have to do anything to project our image.

We don't need racism and propaganda.

We got mofos in Japan wearing locks and most of us never been there.:D
    Our music is Worldwide and always at the Vanguard.

WE control America's culture more than anybody....people even shake hands like us.

I don't give a damn about the WM's image either....just being realistic that they are going to protect their sham façade of an image.

18. GAmomlisa

I tend to agree. Its not really worth worrying about. WM will kick and scream as they become irrelevant, but it doesnt really mean we should care at all

19. flaminghetero

Amen to that.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They dont seem to realize that they can love and prefer black women without being martriarchal. If they did truly prefer bw they wouldn't care so much about the preferences of others. The notion that the future of the black community depends on who bm date is idiotic.

Most of my friends are bm, but I don't have the patience to be a leader in the black community. Others can do it because of the ideas that they choose to accept.