People Are Boycotting 'Black Panther' Because Michael B. Jordan is "Dating Outside His Race"

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by RicardoCooper, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I thought about that too, but Starks father was able to mold it to create Captain Americas shield, and that thing can block anything. So I'm just going with it for now. I'm sure Tony Stark would love to have some of it, but Black Panther won't let him have any. Captain America is special in an uncorruptable way and Panther can sense it through his spirituality.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

How soon we forget.

Anybody remember Spawn?? Blade??

I know Black Panther was Marvel's first Black superhero, but I'll have to wait and see if he's a better character than the previous two mentioned.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I said Black panther was the first. Was he not?? The comics go all the way back to the 60's.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Vibranium isn't indestructible in the way that adamantium is so it can be melted down and shaped at high enough temperatures.

Vibranium absorbs all forms of energy and vibrations in the vicinity even kinetic energy directed at it. The energy absorbed is stored within the bonds between the molecules that make up the substance. As a result, kinetic energy is dissipated within the bonds instead. There are limits to the capacity of the energy that can be stored and the exact limitations are not yet known. Powerful enough energy & force directed at vibranium can overload it's energy absorbing abilities properties resulting in the destruction of vibranium

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Blade - First Appearance July 1973 Tomb of Dracula #10
    Spawn - First Appearance May 1992 Spawn #1
    Black Panther - First Appearance July 1966 Fantastic Four #52

So first to be created and appear and last to get a movie.

@darkcurry - Vibranium actually is not indestructible damn close to it but not totally. In it's raw state it is vulnerable. It works by absorbing and storing kinetic energy, this actually makes it stronger but there are limits theoretically if enough force is applied to it then it will not be able to absorb the energy created it and it would explode. The amount of energy needed to do this is not really known but it is immense. How it is actually manipulated is never actually stated.

As for Adamantium what type are we talking there is Proto Adamantium which is what Captain America shield is made of and that is actually a vibranium iron alloy. The creator combined Vibranium with an unknown metal alloy and somehow got them to combine but was never able to recreate it so that is why Captain America shield is so unique. Then there is true adamantium which is what wolverine has grafted to his skeleton. This has been explained. Adamantium is completely man made and is created through the mixing of certain chemical resins whose exact composition is a closely guarded government secret. For eight minutes after the resins are mixed, Adamantium can be molded if kept at a temperature of 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit. After 8 minutes though if you have not molded then into anything that is it even at the high temps it starts to harden and once it does only someone like magneto or rune king thor could manipulate it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Magnetos power is even more badass than they show it to be. The only thing I would pick over that is the chair that Thanos has. It can move through space as if it was folded like the way black holes do. Time is relative.

7. glt1980

Michael B. Jordan on Ebro the topic of the "protest" was brought up

Ryan Coogler talking about how his experience in South Africa, Kenya, and the Kingdom of Lesotho helped shape his vision for the film

Interesting Black History Fact, Black Panther was not the first Black superhero he was the second. The very first Black Superhero predates Black Panther by 20 years. Lion Man appeared in the first and only issue all All-Negro Comics in 1947. Lion man was college-educated African American sent by the UN to oversee Uranium deposits in Africa.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

All Negro Comics also had a second lead character Ace Harlem, not technically a superhero but a Police detective.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The company was started by by Orrin C. Evans, and was featured in Time magazine. The comics were entirely written and drawn by black writers and artists and all the characters were black. It featured blacks not as the cartoonish stereotypes but in positive and uplifting ways, images that in 1947 that were not seen outside the black community.

The company eventually folded though after the first issue, the company was not able to buy paper to print on. The paper distributors sighted a paper shortage as the reason.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What's the time mark in the interview where it came up?

9. glt1980

Sorry about that 23:30 mark of the interview

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Good interview

11. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Active Member

SPOILER ALERT:

Saw "Black Panther" last night in 3D on the last showing and it has some impressive theatrical elements but I was too tired from work to stay awake past the first hour or so lol. Erik Killmonger woke me up and in my opinion Michael B Jordan was the star of the movie as was the beautiful Lupita N'yongo who I forgot could move me so much :)

If you get sleepy during the movie . . . Erik Killmonger will wake you up because he is thinking outside the box and as a villian isn't confined to political correctness

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Thanks @Ra

13. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I was a bit surprised online how many fanboi White nationalists are getting triggered by this movie, calling the movie racist and SJW propaganda.
    Or complaining about why Black Panther has to be called a Black superhero movie.lol

14. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh they are scurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred!! It's getting blasted every where.

Poor babies. Geeze they are so unstable though, I hope it doesn't prompt some more crazy behavior shit!

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was a bit of that sentiment going around from various folks last night when me & the kids went to see it. So far so good. Hope it stays that way.

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm trying to see this in the afternoon, maybe, just MAYBE it won't be that crowded. I hope. lol.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Or this might...:D

[​IMG]
    :D

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Really? You're surprised white folks are acting up over this? Nerd fanbases as racist as fuck, especially when it comes to cosplay

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

One of the main reasons that Wonder Woman can't be with a black guy is because of the fanboi White nationalists. :confused:

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ummm.....both white & black fanboys would be pissed, for different reasons, if a black guy or black woman were Wonder Woman. There's a segment of the fanboy community, some black fanboys included, that would more than be happy if every single comic book/superhero related character were all strictly straight white males. Women (no matter the race) would only show up to be love interest and non white dudes would only show up to be villians.