Paris Jackson reveals she identifies as a BW + thinks MJ was murdered

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ColiBreh1, Jan 25, 2017.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I disagree. But, I understand the point you are trying to make.

2. K

K Well-Known Member

Hmm so if you are a boy but you are raised as a girl....does that make you a girl? If one was raised to believe they are purple with green spots does that make it true? Or I think about those who were raised to believe that one person was their mother/father to later find out that someone else was. They truly believed and acted as if the one they knew to be their parent was but then find out later they are not. Their perspective/belief/desire/need, etc doesn't change the truth of the DNA.

I get that one's own perspective (personal truth if you will) is quite powerful in regards to how they see themselves and interact in the world. But, isn't there also what is actually the truth?

We've had conversations in the past about things like this. Often it's been said in here that what the world sees you as is what you get to deal with. For example those who are biracial with darker skin are still going to be treated as black.

3. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="K, post: 1048123, member: 18119"]Hmm so if you are a boy but you are raised as a girl....does that make you a girl? If one was raised to believe they are purple with green spots does that make it true? Or I think about those who were raised to believe that one person was their mother/father to later find out that someone else was. They truly believed and acted as if the one they knew to be their parent was but then find out later they are not. Their perspective/belief/desire/need, etc doesn't change the truth of the DNA.

I get that one's own perspective (personal truth if you will) is quite powerful in regards to how they see themselves and interact in the world. But, isn't there also what is actually the truth?

We've had conversations in the past about things like this. Often it's been said in here that what the world sees you as is what you get to deal with. For example those who are biracial with darker skin are still going to be treated as black.[/QUOTE]

It makes you transgender or transsexual depending on whether you are pre op/post op.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

Yes I'm aware of that. I should have dropped that one question. (although I'm not sure the specifics of transgender or transexual - I'll take your word for it) My point was that even if you are raised to believe one thing doesn't make it the truth. And if you really want to go down the trans route....that may not be true either. A lil boy is raised as a girl and is in fact still a boy. He may have always believed he was a girl but wanted to be a boy. So then what? He's wanting to be a boy and he has all the male body parts but he was raised as a girl....is he trans?

5. K

K Well-Known Member

My thought about it all is that a person can believe whatever they wish. Society may agree or not. That can either impact them or not. On a personal level, I'm not one to allow others to define who I am or my relationships with others.

She can consider herself anything she wishes, that's her choice. In her case, she's MJ's daughter and she has just as much right as any other to make claim on her heritage no matter what anyone else may think. Her DNA may or may not be consistent with what she believes...that would be something for her to come to terms with and how she chooses to deal with it.

My father is Italian and he was old school type that one drop was all that mattered and nothing else in the mix counted PERIOD. I found out later in life that maybe he wasn't as much Italian as he thought which of course makes me less so and my children even less. Even though he wasn't around when I was coming up, my mother's family treated me as Italian (as in that was one of the worst things I could possibly be at that time and place). Given that I also look the part, I've always been treated as. So, no matter what information I found out later in life, I still grew up the way that I did and was treated as I was. I know what the DNA heritage truth is, I also know what my experience was. Both are true. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. But my experience doesn't not change the DNA reality.

6. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Well put, K. SMH at people who are so sure that "black" and "white" are so different that they're upset when one identifies with the other.

It's just culture ... & no one has exclusive claim to any aspect of any culture, period. If she wants identify with black people, that's fine -- there's enough blackness to go around lol, no skin off anyone else's teeth. People who want to police this stuff are foolish.

I must say, however, that if she genuinely identified with black people she wouldn't be dating white guys with confederate flag tattoos. I wouldn't put that past black women of today, but still... o_O