Our best shots (photography)

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Sin Mari, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

Since we have a few photography threads, that people mostly post professional photographer's photos in, I thought we should have a thread for OUR own photography.

So, post some of the best photos you've taken right here for everyone to view. They don't have to be brilliant, just ones that you are proud of.
    This is not a critique thread, just a nice thread to share a bit of our own photography.

I'll go first, I hope other people follow. LOL

Some of my favourite photos are the portraits of did of my husband's niece, Ruby.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a friend's daughter, Dolphin (yes, that's her name!).
    [​IMG]

Your photos don't have to be portraits. Mine just happen to be. I look forward to seeing everyone's photos. :D

2. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Just gorgeous! Dolphin has the most amazing eyes!

3. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

Thanks! :D And yes, she has beautiful eyes. She's a gorgeous little girl, who is pure evil. :smt042:smt042 Nah, not really, she was just going through the "terrible twos" when I was there last. YIKES! :eek:

4. Athena

Athena New Member

OMG her eyes are incredible! Wonderful photos Sin :D

5. Stheno

Stheno New Member

Sin Mari beautiful pics... and the girls are cute..

I am not that good with photos but here few from this year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

Nyx, I love your flower photos. Flowers are such a beautiful subject to have and that crayfish(?) picture is great! :D

Thanks for the compliments all. :)

7. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Some of my fav shots, mostly of friends/old roommates back in my student housing days....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 him soooo much

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (turning a big ice spill into awesomeness at work :D))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  8. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Some gems I photographed at the science museum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

Wow! Incredible work Persephone!! You have a lot of talent. I adore your crystal shots and those portraits are outstanding. :D

10. Persephone

Persephone New Member

awww, thanks! I dunno what happened with me, I won the artistic gene lottery or something. lol It's a curse sometimes, though, because it's hard to focus on anything specific, which is why my work is allll over the place and a lot of pieces never get finished. I've got about 20 gigs of unfinished photoshop paintings, at least. lol

Thank you for this thread, I love photography! And I love seeing the pictures ya'll post, they're always so lovely.

P.S. If anyone is interested in how to make an great light set up in your living room using only whatever lights you have lying around, try this...

You need:

1 solid colored sheet (or even curtains, as long as they're not translucent). I usually use white because it looks cool, and is easier. Hang it against a wall or window and try to get as many wrinkles out as possible, unless you want texture.

3 (minimum) light sources. Table lamps are great, so are desk lamps. A mixture of the two are best.

2-3 "Lighting Techs" - You need either people, tables, or shelves for this. The lights need to be extended unless the subject is on the floor, so you can light them evenly. I had two people holding lamps and a desk lamp, angled up, on the floor in front of the subject in my "studio" shots.

Google a basic 3 point lighting set up, vary the wattage in the three lamps (I used 40-100 watt), and then take some awesome pictures!

It takes some finesse, but it gets the job done on a budget (or short deadline). If anyone would like to try it sometime, lemme know and I'll draw up a more detailed tutorial with some tips on other make-shift equipment. :D

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Excellent photos.

12. Stheno

Stheno New Member

Persephone wow now that are some great photos ..

13. Sweden

Sweden New Member

My friends dog. I took the shot but with her fancy camera so I can't really take credit for it...but I do love it.

[​IMG]

14. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

LOL..that's agreat shot!!:smt038

15. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Wow great photos everyone.

P I bow down to your talent once again. I love those crystals. :prayer:

Sweden great.....and that dog is a beauty. :D

16. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

Nice!! What a well timed shot. :D

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

nice yall

18. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

Love this shot, of a Grey Kangaroo I took, at a place called Billabong Zoo. It's my wallpaper right now (well, the much larger version is). :D

[​IMG]

19. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

Awwww the Grey Kangaroo is so adorable.

20. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

This is the photo I get the most comments on. Bringing a plane into the hanger out of the storm...
    [​IMG]

This is the photo I like best. Pushed back a plane from the hangar, and you can see it taxiing off...
    [​IMG]