Online Dating????

Discussion in 'How To Meet White Women and Black Men' started by william2382, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Awww! Muah! :freehug:

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

lol this shit ain't easy fam.
    Your better off just going out and meeting people these days.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

Since you are also done with the whole online thing, how about meeting a man at church?

That's something that people have mentioned to me before but I'm not really a church goer.

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Hasn't happened in 20 years. I can think of 3 or 4 single men my age at the church I currently attend. Most guys are either younger, single men, or they're married.

My two single friends have the same difficulty meeting men for a relationship. One is a BW who dates BM, the other is a WW who dates WM. We all resorted to online dating. The BW has had a bit more luck meeting menoffline because she has a large family and makes contacts through them.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you said "Most guys are either younger, single men, or they're married." Don't you want a single man??

Are you all having a tough time meeting men in general? or is it more meeting men you would want to be involved with?

Have you been single for 20 years??

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Remove the comma between younger and single. I don't care to date men my son's age.

Offline, none of us meet men except the BW who occasionally has a date with a friend of a family member. I've met plenty of guys through online dating, few that I'd want to be in a relationship with. I was in a LTR in 2009-2010. A few guys I dated for a couple of months. Random dates here and there. Right now, not looking. and I'm ok with that. But yes, I've been technically single for 20 years. Celibate for roughly 16 of them.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh ....LOL yah I don't do the youngin thing either! lol

Thanks for sharing all that. I think there has to be a better way to meet people off line. Have you ever tried meetup or maybe volunteering where you may meet other people?

I tried some meetup groups and it wasn't too great out here - mostly alcohol centered activities and I'm not really into that. But I know some people in other areas who have connected with other people through the groups on there. The idea being that you would have some common interest.

They have Christian singles groups out here, dances and such too.

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Tried it all. Lol. Most of the meetup groups I found are either mostly women, not diverse at all or were in Philly, which is an hour and a half away. Christian dating sites are even lamer than the regular sites.

9. BrianJ

BrianJ New Member

Just a thought...perhaps the "sites" and groups are not the issue.

Absorb the useful, discard the rest.

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I'll discard all of it from you.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

I didn't mean Christian sites. I meant Christian singles groups in life. Sometimes they have dances, game nights, and events and it's not just one church.

Volunteering for different organizations can often place you with other people who are interested in the same things too.

12. BrianJ

BrianJ New Member

Okey dokey...but even a broken clock is right at least twice a day :p

13. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

The online dating thing went relatively well for me, but I did have some clear messes there. What amazed me were the number of women who'd initiated conversation was some like "Hi" or "How are you?".

Agreed! I saw one profile in which the lady stated that her match should have a six figure salary. My first thought was... Are you also bringing that to the table?

Yes, I can tell you that I also sent many, many messages. Most of the responses were good, but it seems that you have to message many to hear from a few.

I hear from women I've dated and friends that it's rough out there for women, and that they often sift through lots of crap on dating sites. I do hope you meet someone special soon.

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thanks, DNY12! I hope so, too. I'm not really looking right now, so like you and others have said, maybe that's when it will happen. When I least expect it. Lol

15. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Lol, It really is such a strange, yet somehow true concept.

Love is not around when you're looking for it, and then when you stop looking, there it is!

16. K

K Well-Known Member

I think women tend to do best with online dating when they are coming from a more casual approach. I did a little survey of my friends and they said that while they may get a lot of attention on the dating sites no matter what pictures they put up and what text they include.....it seems to go better when they are more in the mode of being interested in meeting new people to do things with and if something more develops that's great.

I think people may be making it too much of a pressure situation. You won't know if you really want a relationship with someone until you've spent some time with them anyway.

It's like people want to do these in depth applications and interviews with anyone who hits them up. And then it's like they are just out looking for reasons to NOT be with the person rather than looking for things to work.

I seriously think if most really happy couples had to have met online, they would have never gotten together!

17. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Has ayone ever reply to an ad even though you didn't meet the preferences of that person? Did you have any success?

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I don't. No point in doing so.

19. K

K Well-Known Member

Yes and yes. I've also had men hit me up that didn't fit the specifics I checked and we ended up meeting/dating.

It sortof depends on what preferences you are talking about. On some of those sites you have to answer things but they may not really matter to you.

I think it's worth a try. Worst thing they can do is say no or not respond.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I'll clarify my answer. If he's not looking to date a WW or he prefers slim, athletic or average body type, no, I don't bother contacting him.