Olympics, the girl who can not take her eyes off Bolt

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by alioufall, Aug 7, 2012.

1. alioufall

alioufall Well-Known Member

2. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

The old guy with white hair, red track jacket sitting on something in the background is looking at Usain the same way. ;)

3. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wonder what she's thinking[​IMG]

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Does he always come that fast

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Dude is a 6'5 Jamaican, he's probably packing a baby arm kid lol

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

U shoulda stuck with track

Coulda been you

Shit now that I think about it, I shoulda ran track too

7. The Dark King

You know whats funny is my little brother is in the game and we were talking about that the other night. I had a hs championship in cross country my freshman year. Wish I had stuck with it but I was more concerned with chasing ass than actually training and at the time track wasn't a big deal especially in NY during the mid 90s. Its all basketball all the time out there so if you ain't got that monster crossover with a Shaq dunk forget about it.
    Damn don't you wish you could rewind sometimes? Damn

8. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

I see you are checking out the Olympics. :)

Kirani James won the first medal ever for Grenada in any competition. Gold at that.

In the Caribbean in practically every primary school kids start doing track events between the different schools. Lots of talent there, its just harnessing it with the right training as the Jamaicans have done.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  9. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

LOL, I'm black, from the Caribbean culture and taking credit for Bolt even though I'm not even Jamaican. :)

I do know a lot of Jamaicans though, so enough room on the bus for everyone and I took my spot. :D

LOL, I was in a Golden Krust restaurant yesterday asking them where is the pictures of Bolt, Shelly Ann Frasor - Price, etc.

They usually have the most recent newspaper from Jamaica hanging on the wall with the headlines.

10. The Dark King

Hold the fuck on you replied to that quote in this thread right?

11. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

LOL, it was intended for the back and forth between you and SA.

Kids run track in the islands like crazy.

Your post had me cracking up because I know about that experience you mentioned in another thread

Probably plenty more Bolts out there or very close to it, just that they didn't get the access to training and discipline it takes to succeed at the highest levels.

Look at how Jamaica is doing now in track events, once they started to organize it from the bottom up.

The whole Caribbean could be that way if they did the same. Its about having the framework that fosters and supports young talent from an early age.

If Jamaica didn't become as disciplined in their talent spotting and training, the world may never have known about Usain Bolt, trust there are plenty more where he came from its just that they never had the access.

What Bolt has done is help to open up the way for future generation of Jamaican and Caribbean sprinters who will want to be like him.

Kind of like MJ in basketball.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  12. The Dark King

So true. They dont play out there when it comes to sprinting. Did they make you run too?

13. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Yep. Bolt is now known the world over. :cool:

And his best race the 200 is still to come.

The U.S. ought to just concede the team relay gold to JA, because that's a wrap with Blake, Bolt and maybe Powell running.

14. The Dark King

No kidding. You cant beat a life time of training. Kind of why the US crushes everyone in basketball. Those mofos been dribbling before they could talk

15. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

You're overreaching. Usain Bolt is a significantly extraordinary case because people of his height and ability, even if they are runners are not expected to reach top acceleration and velocity at an immediate moment. This is basic biomechanical engineering knowledge. Thus his strides are unique and cannot be reached, even by your other top runners. The only other person who could have reached that would be Jesse Owens, though he's 5'10.

You can find out more here: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/track-and-field/science-of-olympics-usain-bolts-biomechanics.html

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

think a few posts in this thread were deleted

:smt024

anyway...wonder what events are on today

water polo is fun to watch

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

No doubt. I did cross country in high school for a season then just went back to jogging recreationally. I wonder if I could've developed a knack for it. Bolt made it look easy the other day when he turned on the afterburners and ate everyone else's lunch.

Could he be the latest incarnation of another island legend? :cool:

[​IMG]

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Whenever critics take their shots I remember this quote....

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

19. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Charlize Theron? That's way too much credit, try Renee Zellweger or whatever the fuck her name is.

20. saintaugusta

saintaugusta New Member

From the moment I met him, and not from my TRYING to negotiate race relations... I was pretty well not happening. YOu can try to give that up to relations but I am not interested. How does that sound to you.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012