Obama's Katrina: The Oil Spill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Blacktiger2005, May 25, 2010.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

I know President Obama should not be criticized here and anyone who does it is a sellout, but, is the President being too damned passive in how he is dealing with this disaster in the Gulf. I notice the liberal press are beginning to press him on this thing that might engulf Florida and move up the East Coast. Perhaps when the oil seeps into the Chesepeake Bay and touches Washington D.C. then I guess someone will do something.

2. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

Obama is getting out of the way and letting private enterprise (BP) solve its own problem. Less government, remember? You right-wing jerks can't make up your damn minds can you? Shut up.

3. KimboSlice

KimboSlice New Member

lol .... this is sooooo true.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I was just about blast Obama until I read this. Good point fam. But I will say this there sure as hell needs to be a boycott. Enough is fucking enough. They're actually debating on whether to plug up the hole. Seriously wtf!

5. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

6. Blacktiger2005

That press conference by Obama was an embarressment today. He looks like an inexperience idiot who does not even know how to control the crises that he just sat on for 37 days. He should have got out in front of this thing from the start rather than having parties, playing basketball and fundraising. Now the liberals in his own party from the Governor of Louisana to Carval and others are slamming him for being ineffective. He is a one term president anyway. Saying he was on top of the situation is laughable. At least he has given us a memorable quote "Plug the damned hole". Now that was not a sexual reference mine you.

7. Blacktiger2005

Impeach him for incompetence.

8. LA

LA Well-Known Member

We tried doing that to Bush for 8 years, but to no avail.

Keep on wishing.

9. Blacktiger2005

Bro, I will keep wishing. Between that Idiot Bush and this Anointed One I wonder if we will have a country left.

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Not everyone shares your view, some think that his administration is doing all they can.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/19/opinion/19friedman.html

As far as being a 1 term president, don't hold your breath, the steps his administration and the fed took to bring the economy back from the brink of disaster, are starting to bear fruit, unemployment will continue to fall, and the overall economy will continue to garner strength over the next two and half years. His passage of healthcare was historic and most people were for it despite the tea parties best efforts. His financial regulatory bill will also bear good fruit and big political capital come re-election time. Long story short, Obama's list of accomplishments has been nothing short of astonishingly great given his short time in office and shows a true mastery of the blood sport that is politics at the highest level.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/

He certainly has had failures (see I am now criticizing his administration)

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-broken/

but when you compare and contrast his pro's vs. con's, anyone who is able to take an objective look at the job he has done to date, in the face of historic challenges, if they are being honest, must come away very impressed with his accomplishments.

11. karmacoma.

+1 Rep added and bumped.

12. Tirkah

Tirkah Active Member

Just an FYI: If you're referring to the current Governor of Louisiana, it's Bobby Jindal and he is a republican.

As by Carval if you mean James Carville, then yes, he's a democrat.

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

He is new and thought it would not be as bad as it was. You need to look at how this happen before the oil spill so many environmental waivers were given from people who had been working there longer than the president. Lets not forget that Obama was not the one that did the accident and 8 years before lack of government.

You need to get your facts straight. The governor of Lousiana at one time was positioned to take on the president and was looked on by McCain as a Republican Vice president. Governor Jindal of Louisana is a REPUBLICAN and not liberal. Most of the democrats were slamming BP.

Obama will be a two term president. You probably can't name one threat to his adminstration. There isn't a clear republican head. It is so unclear that you named a republican as a liberal. Congress makes the laws so blame them for it. We(the government) do not have the technology to fix the problem. People need to realize this. Stop blaming the president over something that the entire government can't fix in a timely manner. Only BP can fix this in a timely manner and the government is forcing them to fix.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  14. BlackMasterJay

BlackMasterJay Well-Known Member

Its that bad eh?

But "personally" , i dont think Mr Obama is doing a good job, but hey, somebodys gotta do it right? If memory serves me correctly the guy lifted the banning of offshore drilling in the Gulf only recently- going as far as promoting the drilling and so forth. So environmentally speaking, he is just as bad as those right wingers people love to bash. My father always told me that "karma" is certain (and i dont mean our karma). And this was it

What many Americans need to do is wake up, smell the coffee. Your united states politics are nothing but fake left-right paradigm in disguise. Neither section of the american political spectrum is honestly striving for the common people. Why cant people see this?

He will not serve a second term.

15. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The Gulf Oil spill will be Obama's Iranian hostage crisis; the longer it persists without a resolution, the more inept his presidency will appear.

If this spill goes on for another 30 days, he will be a one term President, without question.

16. Blacktiger2005

Day 50 and counting. Mr.President you need to kick some ass. You are getting bad advise. Hire me.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

bobby jindal is showing good photo ops to be president. he just didnt look good when he did the response to the pres in the senate address last year.

he looked as tho he came from the thriller video

18. karmacoma.

I have never seen so many black men rooting against another black man (our 1st black president need I remind you) in my life. Michael Vick got more respect. Do you want Obama to dive down like Aquaman and get his sea friends to help cap the well? You negroes ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Next time somebody whines about how white people are so far ahead of blacks refer them to this thread. Crabs in a fucking barrel.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So based on this we as black people should never criticize him?

20. karmacoma.

We as black people criticized Bush less. The only time in 8 years negroes said anything was after Katrina and even then it was just one guy, Kanye. People who love to conform to hip-hop mediocrity now bragging how "different" they think by criticizing the President.