Not Together But Looking Good!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by quantumblack, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The chemistry didn't feel right, and at the time, I was doing pretty well for myself so I never felt compelled to act on her suggestion. If I were in a dry spell, I probably would have.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

He probably was. I was not 100% about the dialogue in Bird but I do remember Charlie saying that line.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

My creative writing instructor,who had also been published, was a lesbian. She made no bones about the fact. Her poetry sometimes was about relationships. I don't think she had ever been in a heterosexual relationship at all. But it didn't suggest that she hated men. She taught me about how write free-style poetry, which is how she wrote. She never talked about sex at all.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson
    of Bachelor in Paradise in Hollywood on Sep 20th.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I hope that brother isn't getting back into that shark cage.

6. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Mr. Parker is forever cool. He started the trend with sun glasses inside. ;)

7. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

So they did it all for ratings? And they were fucking the whole time lol.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think a lot of jazz musicians wore their sunglasses indoors because of the fact that the clubs that they played in were filled with cigarette smoke, or they were high, or to provide a mystique for the atmosphere while they performed. Phil Spector wore sunglasses, too.

9. Reverie

True, he did. Herbie Hancock are a wearer of sun glasses too indoors.

10. Skaddix

Or it just looked Cool? I mean Cigarette smoke does make sense...granted it is Jazz you dont need to read sheet music at all and I heck I wasnt even that good I could play my instrument without looking at it.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Charlie Parker married his first wife when he was 15 or 17. When he got together with Chan Richardson, introduced his ex-wife to Chan.

12. Reverie

Hmm, perhaps I should have sun glasses on stage on our next concert...

13. Skaddix

Depends are you Band or Orchestra? Orchestra tends to be classical. Band though you can get away with it.

14. Reverie

We are a punk band (four women).

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Bebop jazz was very expressive and individualistic. For the musician, it was a challenge to either keep up or innovate. That meant pushing themselves and their talents to the limit.

16. Reverie

I love it.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Me , too. I remember just sitting in the dark living room listening to Miles Davis' Kind Of Blue album. I was really feeling the music. I was feeling the cool. My younger brother saw me and asked if I wanted some marijuana. I yelled ,"GET OUT OF HERE! I'M TRYING TO COOL OUT!"

I don't need weed to enhance my experience.

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

What instrument do you play?

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I love that album! I'll take it with me to the heavens

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

One of the best of all time.