Not Together But Looking Good!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by quantumblack, Dec 4, 2009.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This statement by her speaks volumes!

“I suddenly understood that I’d made a terrible mistake, from which came a strange feeling of humiliation that I’ll never forget. In America, his color was made blatantly obvious to me, whereas in Paris, I didn’t even notice he was black.”

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Agreed

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I learned something every day. Wished Snipes did that project but,the funding did not go through. In the Spike Lee movie Mo Better Blues Giancarlo Esposito's character had a French girlfriend. My frustration was Lee did not put subtitles on the French words that girlfriend said.
    '

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yes, Charlie Parker's live-in girlfriend /common-in-wife Chan Parker was White. She bore him one son, and one daughter. I was not aware of their relationship until I saw the movie Bird on cable.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Just saw this in the #Emmys hashtag online

Sarah Paulson and Sterling K. Brown
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Again, these celebrities are VERY friendly with each other. Hollyweird. lol.

6. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Sarah Paulson is the huggy-and kissy type.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Giancarlo Esposito had a very cute Chinese girlfriend in the film King Of New York. Her name was Rianne, I think. She was in the film The Year Of The Dragon with Mickey Roarke. I haven't seen Mo Better Blues, yet.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Snipes was also considered the first to play The Black Panther but the production couldn't find the funding, too. Money. Hard to get for making worthwhile things.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

After Parker's death Chan married saxophonist Phil Woods and that didn't sit well for fellow black jazz musicians who were fans and friends with Parker. I guess Dizzy Gillespie probably didn't give Woods trouble because he respected Woods and his talents. I love the film Bird. Clint Eastwood saw Parker perform while he was in the Army. It's no secret that Eastwood loves jazz. My problem with the film was that it covered all of Parker's excesses and not enough of his successes. Forrest Whitaker was perfect as Parker. And Diane Venora was great as Chan. Equally great was Michael Zelniker as Red Rodney. Keith David did good as Buster Franklin. The actor who played Dizzy Gillespie was great,too.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  10. Soulthinker

I read Parker had more than one wife. Her name is Doris Syndor.

11. Soulthinker

I remember a scene of Bird where he was in Paris and one of the Black musicans said "Paris made me be a man."

12. Soulthinker

No doubt she is. Just wished the series shows the deep relationship between Clark and Darden.

13. Soulthinker

Makes you wish Ms.Paulson was bi.

14. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

On occasion, some gay women have sex with men. They may not be "attracted to men" but physiologically, for some, getting fucked feels good. A gay woman once propositioned me for casual sex; I declined, but learned that this "happens" from time to time.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

She is bisexual

From the Huffington Post

16. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Actress Emmanuelle Chriqui and Michael B. Jordan at Lupus L.A.'s MBJAM 17 event.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Actually, it was Jason Bernard's character who said, "I've been to Switzerland, Sweden, Holland. Let me tell you something. The kids love this and they treat you like a man."

Charlie stresses that he will never leave the U.S.A even though he had achieved success in Paris.

But the other musician stresses the importance of keeping clean. Clean of drugs and alcohol. To focus on performance or it will be lost and there would be nothing to be done about it.

Charlie stands up and screams, "I AM THE LIBERATOR OF PARIS AND YOU'RE JUST A MOTHERFUCKING AFTERTHOUGHT!"

In the film 'Round Midnight " there were scenes where black American jazz musicians lived in Paris and felt very much at home there. Chan Parker lives in Paris to this day.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. Why did you decline? Thought it was odd at the time? Was she ugly?

19. Soulthinker

Thanks for the verbatim words G. I wonder if that character is based on Sydney Bechet?

20. Soulthinker

She could be a lipstick one the kind guys have fantasies over.