No one's talking about Steubenville?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by medullaslashin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The Samaritan effect

Why do something when someone else will?

Either that or they really just didn't give a shit

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Exactly. I dont get why people are shocked.

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

You can't possibly be surprised by people's shock? A group of boys are aware of/participate in a rape and none of them have the moral fiber to do something to stop it? Wait until you have a daughter...then maybe you'll understand the shock value in that.

Honestly, I can appreciate the cynical views of young people today, but I refuse to accept that these boys represent the norm. Young men need to see that this shit is not ok. It's nauseating that none of them stepped the fuck up and got her out of there. Parents need to play a more active role in their kids lives, and actually teach them how to act responsibly and respectfully. Was it the young men's responsibility to get that girl out of a dangerous situation...maybe not. However as human beings, they should've never sat back while that shit was going down. And that fucker laughing during the whole video about how she was deader than Trayvon Martin...let me at that little bitch lol. I'm so over these kids thinking they're the shit. :smt011

4. The Dark King

I get why people are angry but not why theyre shocked. People look the other way ALL the time. Its self preservation they fear harm too. Especiay when the dudes doing it are the alpha of the bunch. Maybe some wanted to help but feared whayt might happen to them especiay if they "snitch". We're adults we arent worried about be ed "tattle tales" but at that age going against the status quo is social suicide. None of them proby thought it would go as far as it did. Like I said I understand the anger but Im not shocked everyone was a coward. Most people are, its the reason why are so amazed at people who do heroic things. Most of us wouldnt.

5. RaiderLL

I hear you, but if parents would work to instill independence, critical thinking and some moral fiber in their kids, we may be able to change the fact that most people are cowards in the face of a difficult situation. It's incredibly frustrating, that's all. People are having kids right and left and taking no responsibility for the way they turn out.

6. The Dark King

Oh I totally agree. I just doubt it will take root in this me me me generation. We sold our morality for ipads and twitter

7. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

If I were the father of either of these boys, or one of the bystanders there would've been hell to pay. My foot would still be knee deep in my kid's ass, to the point I would have to go to jail with them.

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Fast forward these kids by a few years. They're now in college. Who hasn't seen the vids of the same thing going on? The women may not be unconscious, but some of them are so drunk they're barely functioning. And college men & women, alike, call this entertainment.

Any time excessive alcohol is involved, there will be mayhem.

9. RaiderLL

This. In my eyes there's no leniency for the young men who knew what was going on "but didn't touch her". Those kids were just as much a part of what happened.

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

As the parent of a son, I get ya. But we are expecting teen boys, full of alcohol & fueled by peer pressure & hormones, to act like rational adults. I'm not excusing one ounce of anyone's behavior here, just trying to inject a bit of reality. All three: peer pressure, alcohol & hormones cloud judgement. Period.

11. The Dark King

I love when we can fully agree :)

12. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Aww! I :heart: you too. :p

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Seriously, though, this is why my son's friends were always welcome at my home. Motley crew that they were. I almost always knew where he was & who he was with and what he was doing.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

cosign all

15. Cherj

Cherj Active Member

That's exactly what I would do.

+ I would chop his dick off.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Read more link

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I guess Serena needs to read what actually happened as the girl wasn't 'drunk'

:mad:

18. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I would like to know why someone asked Serena Williams about this case at all. She's certainly no expert.

19. The Dark King

I thought she was drunk too. But too prevent things like this in the future we need to teach young girls to watch out for potential dangers especially when you're in a crowd of stranger.

20. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Well, she was drugged by people she knew very well, its hard to prep for that.